Opinion Politically Correct Madness

Remove this Banner Ad

Kicking down the door and forcing your way into a property hasn't crossed the threshold?

The bloke has already shown he is violent, why would the security guard have to wait until the bloke decides to hit someone before he acts.

The security guy tried a number of times to cuff him, the guy resisted and was aggressive.

One punch to bring him down to put the cuffs on him was more than reasonable in the circumstance.

Beat me to it. Spot on.

Kicking down the door and forcing your way into a property hasn't crossed the threshold?

The bloke has already shown he is violent, why would the security guard have to wait until the bloke decides to hit someone before he acts.

The security guy tried a number of times to cuff him, the guy resisted and was aggressive.

One punch to bring him down to put the cuffs on him was more than reasonable in the circumstance.

Between the door and the hit, they’re conversing. Just because someone commits property damage doesn’t mean they are outside the law and can be punched in the head by a cop or security guard. It’s not the Wild West where corporal punishment can be metered out, there’s rules around the use of force.

Between the door and the hit, they’re conversing. Just because someone commits property damage doesn’t mean they are outside the law and can be punched in the head by a cop or security guard. It’s not the Wild West where corporal punishment can be metered out, there’s rules around the use of force.

He was (rightly) trying to cuff him and the bloke was resisting.

What would you have done?

I probably wouldn’t have been that close to him with 2 bystanders right there as well. If that’s a cop, he’s not very good at his job because if old mate had a knife in his pants, it could easily have ended up in his chest. If someone was under imminent physical danger, then you’d need to act fairly ferociously. In that circumstance, I’d have the taser out, demand he lie down and if he didn’t, I’d taser him. Getting up close like that is dangerous.

I probably wouldn’t have been that close to him with 2 bystanders right there as well. If that’s a cop, he’s not very good at his job because if old mate had a knife in his pants, it could easily have ended up in his chest. If someone was under imminent physical danger, then you’d need to act fairly ferociously. In that circumstance, I’d have the taser out, demand he lie down and if he didn’t, I’d taser him. Getting up close like that is dangerous.

Deploying the taser is a bigger use of force than what he actually did.

You’ve come full circle.

Deploying the taser is a bigger use of force than what he actually did.

You’ve come full circle.

There are engagement rules where use of force is warranted. Taser out, demand they comply and if they don’t, use the weapon. You must understand there’s a difference between using a weapon appropriately and just sucker punching someone with no warning. I’m all for use of force when it’s executed properly. I don’t think the officer in that video met the standard. There’s a difference between belligerence and being an imminent physical danger. I don’t think that bloke had crossed to the latter at the point he got hit.

There’s a difference between belligerence and being an imminent physical danger. I don’t think that bloke had crossed to the latter at the point he got hit.

I couldn’t disagree more. If you violently kick in a door you are unequivocally an imminent physical danger to those around you.

It begs the question what it would actually take for you to deem that individual a physical danger?

It seems like you’d be waiting for him to hurt someone.

Too late then.

Imagine being in a world where people would tie themselves to the mast of antisemitism en masse and governments would just allow them to march and riot all through the west, openly threaten Jews with extinction and just sit back and allow it to happen so as not to offend. Isn't this political correct madness at en existential threat level.

Whats next, the star of David being permitted to be painted on Jewish properties to identify them so the angry terrorist sympathising mobs don't need to go hunting for them?

I couldn’t disagree more. If you violently kick in a door you are unequivocally an imminent physical danger to those around you.

It begs the question what it would actually take for you to deem that individual a physical danger?

It seems like you’d be waiting for him to hurt someone.

Too late then.
i hate it when you guys fight

We’ll make up later, that’s the best part
Snl Adele GIF by Saturday Night Live

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So its ok for hamas supporting thugs to roam the streets of the UK calling for the destruction of the jews, they can hunt for them and abuse them, but who do the counter terrorism unit go after? Why are the UK government always siding with the bad guys at the expense of the good guys?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back