POLL - Do you support KNEELING?

Do you support the kneeling?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a damn sight better then all the 100s of millions killed under Marxist idiological regimes

Is there any point in history that is better then right now? Of course there isnt , but i agree it's not a utopia , that doesn't mean you tear it all down and replace it with a murderous failed regime

Or support an organization that actively promotes those ideologies

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
If you’re an indigenous Australian I reckon you’d say anytime prior to 1788 was better than now...
Get with the program Barry.

What does that mean?

May be a different thing in US but I find the attack on Australian police completely off

Police deciding if fellow officers actions are accepted leads to poor culture and unchecked behaviours.

You cant expect them to keep a fair bias when their actions could ruin a fellow officers life.

Police deciding if fellow officers actions are accepted leads to poor culture and unchecked behaviours.

You cant expect them to keep a fair bias when their actions could ruin a fellow officers life.
Think it's totally unfair to level on our force the sins of American police

Its actually f...ng insulting

Are you suggesting it's not worth even investigating if the same thing is happening here?

It's not happening.

Firstly, Aboriginals are less likely to die in police custody and the prison system than non-Aboriginal. Since 1991, Indigenous people make up 19% of all deaths in Australian prisons. In proportion to their actual numbers in jail (27%), that’s considerably less. A further break down of the causes of death; In prison, roughly 10 Indigenous people die per year. Most of them die from natural causes (58%)—another 37% from suicides and drug overdoses. Deaths from external trauma (usually prison fights) account for the remaining 5%. The number of Aboriginal deaths in ‘police custody’ amount to approximately 6 per year. Of this number, 56% have been in incidents where police were not in direct contact—a further 21% from natural causes and 19% self-inflicted. Facts over Feelings

Can you not see improvements from 50yrs ago 40 yrs ago 30 yrs ago 20yrs ago 10yrs ago to today?

Improve yes we constantly do, replace it no

We dont want to replace it over night what the hell is wrong with you.

It's not happening.

Firstly, Aboriginals are less likely to die in police custody and the prison system than non-Aboriginal. Since 1991, Indigenous people make up 19% of all deaths in Australian prisons. In proportion to their actual numbers in jail (27%), that’s considerably less. A further break down of the causes of death; In prison, roughly 10 Indigenous people die per year. Most of them die from natural causes (58%)—another 37% from suicides and drug overdoses. Deaths from external trauma (usually prison fights) account for the remaining 5%. The number of Aboriginal deaths in ‘police custody’ amount to approximately 6 per year. Of this number, 56% have been in incidents where police were not in direct contact—a further 21% from natural causes and 19% self-inflicted. Facts over Feelings
How can you claim it's not happening that is a very big and dangerous assumption.

Do some research

So AFL teams are kneeling for anarchy, not unity? You realise this is a thread about AFL teams in Australia right?
Go home Barry you’re clearly drunk and you’re a disgrace to the Freo badge on your profile.

Here's some educational material on police accountability in Australia and its relation to aboriginals.

Fun fact: they acknowledge it and are trying to improve it.

Dan26 5 seconds on Google government site.

So AFL teams are kneeling for anarchy, not unity? You realise this is a thread about AFL teams in Australia right?
Go home Barry you’re clearly drunk and you’re a disgrace to the Freo badge on your profile.

You just know exactly the type of nonsense he watches and reads. Stuck in their little corner of the internet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact it takes 3 years to become a nurse but only 6 months to become a police officer alone makes me think our police system does need reform

No wonder we have police who react poorly in situations escalating them instead of de-escalating

How can you claim it's not happening that is a very big and dangerous assumption.

Not to any extent that you can use racism as a reason,

It's like claiming there is a sexism problem because men make up 95% of convicted prisoners.

Aboriginals are more likely to commit serious crimes. It's not racist to lock prisoners up if their skin is black, just like it's not sexist to lock prisoners up, if they happen to be men.

Here's some educational material on police accountability in Australia and its relation to aboriginals.

Fun fact: they acknowledge it and are trying to improve it.

Not that sort of research...

Not to any extent that you can use racism as a reason,

It's like claiming there is a sexism problem because men make up 95% of convicted prisoners.

Aboriginals are more likely to commit serious crimes. It's not racist to lock prisoners up if their skin is black, just like it's not sexist to lock prisoners up, if they happen to be men.

Please read my link.

No not at all

What I find objectionable is the position seemingly taken by protesters that our police are a$$$holes

They are not saying individual police are assholes they are saying the system allows the bad apple ones to get away with it and ruin the polices image.

You just know exactly the type of nonsense he watches and reads. Stuck in their little corner of the internet.
You know that he was watching and reading the BLM website and gofundme page, right? BLM are quite open about it, they specifically state, for example, that their aim is to dismantle capitalism and abolish the police.

Its a damn sight better then all the 100s of millions killed under Marxist idiological regimes

Is there any point in history that is better then right now? Of course there isnt , but i agree it's not a utopia , that doesn't mean you tear it all down and replace it with a murderous failed regime

Or support an organization that actively promotes those ideologies

It’s not a binary choice between gross inequality and Stalinism. We should at all times be looking to improve society. And the question of whether there’s ever been a better time to live really depends on one’s position. I might reasonably argue the ‘90s, post Cold War and pre-terrorism seemed a safer time to be alive. One could certainly argue that Australia and America had a more equitable form of capitalism in the ‘50s and ‘60s than today (though obviously not for Indigenous Australians). It’s far too complex to cheerlead that there’s never been a better time to be alive.

They are not saying individual police are assholes they are saying the system allows the bad apple ones to get away with it and ruin the polices image.
I missed that subtlety

Worse thing here (I don't give a fck about the US) is to flame an us v them mentality

Good.policing involves working with the community as our force tries to do

Its a tough job and they aren't perfect but they deserve our respect and support

i just channel surf bud until the footy starts. thanks for your input BTW

If only the "i dont like it forced down my throat" crowd could take your advice. A press of a button is all it takes to avoid this political message (and whats happening in society) and prevent the tedious 'politics in sport' debate.

Remove this Banner Ad

POLL - Do you support KNEELING?

Back