POLL: Where do you sit with the current EGM/board spill push?

Where do you sit with the current EGM/board spill push?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Read the twitter post. I had to sign up to twitter again just to do that. My thoughts is that I agree with most in that thread. If he brought forward the petition he should own it and deliver it to force an EGM. It’s not about him, but by not going through with it he made it about him. For the record i didn't sign because i only sneak into legends on occasion and i think there has been enough change at Collingwood.

well they're not doing it to get their christmas presents early. It's not a bad compromise but it really needs to be in october so the board can be settled to ratify the new coach - unless the new coach is just going to waltz in after new years and take over the reins from harvey..

I'd imagine the new coach will be onboard as soon as their current commitments to their current club are resolved for the year. That could potentially be announced as early as mid September.

Read the twitter post. I had to sign up to twitter again just to do that. My thoughts is that I agree with most in that thread. If he brought forward the petition he should own it and deliver it to force an EGM. It’s not about him, but by not going through with it he made it about him. For the record i didn't sign because i only sneak into legends on occasion and i think there has been enough change at Collingwood.

When he started this process without a clearly articulated plan and clear alternative options, it was always about him.

I'd imagine the new coach will be onboard as soon as their current commitments to their current club are resolved for the year. That could potentially be announced as early as mid September.

whatever the timing, if the presidency changes after the naming of the coach, it's going to mean that during hard times, the media will highlight the fact that the president didnt have the coach that he wanted. We've seen it before. I think it happened when the carlton president took over and malthouse was coaching.

whatever the timing, if the presidency changes after the naming of the coach, it's going to mean that during hard times, the media will highlight the fact that the president didnt have the coach that he wanted. We've seen it before. I think it happened when the carlton president took over and malthouse was coaching.

Who cares what crises the media try to fabricate.

Who cares what crises the media try to fabricate.

well you and i dont care but it seems that there are a lot of card-carrying members of the club that seem to get hysterical when fox boys get on a roll. I was probably too brief in what i said above..... the hard times hit... the members start to grumble... the fox boys start saying the coach has lost his troops..... the members run out into the streets and sign anything that will get their team to win...etc etc. The media boys are part of the cycle.

I'd love to see a membership that is firm in its views and understand what we're trying to achieve.

Just imagine what would happen if that was the case. We win 3 premierships in a row. The players are too old. We sell them off or retire them. We go to the bottom of the ladder for 2 years. (We might convince the AFL that we need a priority pick). The membership is calm. No probs. Just going to the game to watch the new players. Team returns to the top and wins another 3 premierships. Rinse and return again and again. Because this will never happen because members panic, start to whinge if they havent been whingeing even when winning premierships, and demand changes from the club and the club buckles.

Only time will tell whether we've just dumped the best coach for the present circumstances at the Pies. I'm hoping we can get a guy who can coach and can handle the ridiculous demands put on him - for example, the team doesnt look pretty enough. omg.

So I agree that people shouldnt care what the footy media says but there's a reason fox can run a program where a bald headed drunk rants about something in footy and thousands of people pay to watch it.

its interesting that the ninja turtle was complaining about a lack of connection between the members and the club....so he goes into the secret meeting and now there is a nice strong connection between michelangelo and the board .....but the rest of the fanbase is still out in the cold..

and the other interesting thing is that people on the outside thought the petition was about whether buckley was retained and about returning to the finals...but in the end it was about membership entitlements for the legends members who signed the petition..

David Hately, you do not hold a representative position. You gathered signatures to force an EGM, and now we learn that you have been negotiating on our behalf. Shameful.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

David Hately, you do not hold a representative position. You gathered signatures to force an EGM, and now we learn that you have been negotiating on our behalf. Shameful.

That's why I didn't sign the petition.

Entrusting one individual to oversee the process was fraught with danger.

David asked me to forward this on ...

C7AA867C-3CE7-4296-B508-766E08A4F2E3.jpeg

Last edited:

you would assume the petition related to calling an EGM. It wasn't a petition for the ninja turtle to negotiate better conditions for legend members. And the fact that the club has said " Collingwood commits to continuing discussions with the people it represents – the members – and working with the likes of David. "

But earlier in the week it said that wasnt going to negotiate an outcome with browne, who I assume is also a member. It seems a little inconsistent to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its interesting that the ninja turtle was complaining about a lack of connection between the members and the club....so he goes into the secret meeting and now there is a nice strong connection between michelangelo and the board .....but the rest of the fanbase is still out in the cold..

and the other interesting thing is that people on the outside thought the petition was about whether buckley was retained and about returning to the finals...but in the end it was about membership entitlements for the legends members who signed the petition..
So again, someone not representing the general member base, but the minority only?

This is getting more embarrassing by the day.

What a joke.

So again, someone not representing the general member base, but the minority only?

What a joke.
Korda has given David a feeling of importance. Classic manoeuvre.

What a joke.

He asked for signatures from the members who could vote ...and they are generally legends members.... and their biggest gripe was their lost entitlements...at least that was a major reason for those that voted....

so its not surprising that the ninja turtle represented those interests... and when he got them fixed by the board ....and an offer to make the ninja turtle, the official collingwood ninja turtle........well the turtle rolled over...

It's all pretty reasonable really.

True or he simply didn't think too far ahead. I feel for him. Would be pretty hard to rock up to games now, having half cooked the process.
Yes. Hopefully he’s treated with respect.
He thought he was doing something positive for the club & members.
Obviously has a deep passion for the club.
Should ignore the peanut gallery.

Remove this Banner Ad

POLL: Where do you sit with the current EGM/board spill push?

Back