List Mgmt. Poll: Who do we take with pick 2 or do we trade it?

With pick 2 in the 2024 AFL Draft we should:

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d be open to trading pick 2 for 6 and 10/12

particularly cos our picks atm are fairly average

Have 2,22 and 40 rest are late picks that I doubt we use

And 40 likely goes to swans for parker
For me wanting both Armstrong and Trainor the gap between 6 and 10/12 is to wide for another club to take either 1 or both. Saints option of 7 and 8 (if they get it as compensation for Battle) seems is the better way to go..IMO..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m going to call it …
If we pick this boy Smillie 😊….
He will be the biggest whipping boy of all time if he does not come on ….
He has all the attributes of either a star Or potato. Nothing in between…
Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

Fine with either taking best available (imo that's out of FOS/Smith/Draper/Smillie/Lalor) or trading down to either get one of those mids listed above or key position players (Armstrong/Whitlocks/Shana/Trainor etc.) or best small forward in Berry.

Interesting that most are going for 2 first rounders. Shows confidence in our midfield.
Our midfield has enough talent. The stuff it needs - hard work and defensive effort - is probably available later in the draft or on lists in the AFL and state leagues.

I haven't changed my mind about this; If we go a mid, then Finn or Sid and I certainly wont be disappointed with Sam, Josh, Jagga or Harvey. If we go say Armstrong at pick 2, that tells me more than a few really rate him and if we don't take him someone else will. If we split the pick I would be very happy if we chose the best key forward at our first selection and an elite small with our second.

My preference is splitting our pick on the deal that we select Harry and one of Berry/Hotton /Reid as I believe all 3 can play as that small forward role as well as other positions, and those three are so classy.
Imagine the best key forward Harry Armstrong + Murphy Reid or Taj Hotton or Joe Berry. that's insane. Pick 22 then could be used on either the Gman {Kayle Gerreyn} / Harry O'Farrell / Luke Urquhart / Tom Gross or Noah Mraz, then River Stevens or we rookie him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Poll: Who do we take with pick 2 or do we trade it?

Back