Port Adelaide lose by 3 points after a wrong Goal Review against the Crows in the dying stages

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm having a bit of a chuckle at all the suggestions they think the AFL should try. AFL is there to make money, that's what they're good for. What they are bloody useless at is running a sporting competition. This is the bunch of clowns who still can't resolve clashing jumpers, what makes anyone think they can deal with this one? Whatever they do, they'll stuff it up, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Just watched the replay of the last quarter...

One of the power players running back with eddie and Jenkins gives eddie a massive shove in the back (I’m talking a REAL shove mind you.. not the type of tiny touch on the back that typically sends Robbie “Graymar” flying/rolling)...

Completely takes eddie out the the play without the ball... go and watch it if you don’t believe me..

so if it wasn’t a goal it should’ve then been a free kick to eddie 15m our slight angle.. which he would’ve slotted with ease.

So... time to close this thread I reacon... case closed.

it was a text book review, if the goal umpire called a point the review would back up his call on it.
Actually it would have been over turned to a goal as that is the decision the video reviewer made. He called it a goal, not umpires call. Which just backs up the initial call that the umpire made at the time was correct and both saw it the same way, a goal. as well as the afl ticking it off. That’s 3 from 3. All saying it’s a goal, no doubt.

What about a conductive double skin on all surfaces of the goal posts. There is conductive paint, so some form of skin and spacer should be possible. When the ball hits the outer layer, it connects to the inner layer sending a signal via an electrode of some sort. Different parts of the posts could be coded, cross checked with vision to identify ball/player impact

only if it releases fireworks from the top of the goals when the circuit is made

I posted this in the Crows board but I think deserves to be mentioned on this thread also:

Think of the ball swinging when it passes the post being the exact same thing as a cricket ball passing against the bat of a batsman. There are several factors that can cause a swing/deviation:
1. actually hitting the post (in footy) or hitting the bat (in cricket)
2. natural curve of swing depending on the kick (in footy) or the bowling action (in cricket)
3. wind forces causing sudden movement in trajectory.

So unless there is major movement/deviation of the ball, or you hear a loud noise when it passes the top of the post, it's basically IMPOSSIBLE to be ABSOLUTELY sure. The video review system is not set up to be accurate for decisions on posters (especially near the top where it's harder to hear a noise).

So whatever Hinkley, JJ or anyone thinks what actually happened is irrelevant. It all depends on the goal umpire's decision, and whether the video review can find proof to a blatant wrong call (which it can't).

My solution would have sorted out the Jenkins goal/point.

What was it in your view about the Jenkins goal that needed to be sorted out? In this incident the goal umpire, who was in a perfect position, and the video review reached the exact same conclusion ... it was a goal. Where is the problem that needs your solution?

You know what, my last post wasn't strong enough.

You're an idiot.

Nah an idiot would be someone who thought anybody with at least a high school education would believe your motivation was well disguised.

I posted that we needed better technology because the available technology is insufficient, you quote my post and say that I'm wrong, then go on to say that there is no doubt that the right outcome occured, something I wasn't posting about.

You might be the only person in the country who is sure whether the ball hit the post or not, because nobody else is arguing about the right outcome occuring. We're arguing about whether the technology and process followed allows for the right outcome to occur.

And there it is.

Your whole attitude towards this is so dumb.

"We can never make it perfect so let's not do anything".

Why not work towards making it as good as we possibly can?

Mate,

The quality of your insights so far suggests maybe you’re not exactly the calibre of bloke who should go around calling people dumb and idiots

Just a thought.

Nah an idiot would be someone who thought anybody with at least a high school education would believe your motivation was well disguised.

And there it is.
This is so f***ing stupid.

My motivation is obvious. My team just lost a game where the winning goal may have hit the post - the guy who kicked it believes it did - and the system and technology used to make these decisions has remained manifestly inadequate for years despite incident after incident.

You've ridden in on your big angry horse trying to argue against something that nobody is saying. You must be a hit at parties.

Mate,

The quality of your insights so far suggests maybe you’re not exactly the calibre of bloke who should go around calling people dumb and idiots

Just a thought.

Mate,

Would you like to explain to me what exactly my insights are? Because clearly you had them decided well before you arrived in this thread.

I'm sure if you go to the bay you can find some Port supporting intellectual peers arguing that the ball definitely hit the post so you can have the argument you are so desperate to have.

If port were in front in this situation for the same reason i,m sure ken would have said nothing. But i have also been saying it for years that the umpire's will stuff a big close final with some of the shit they dish up. Example the worpel against advantage.

My motivation is obvious. My team just lost a game where the winning goal may have hit the post - the guy who kicked it believes it did - and the system and technology used to make these decisions has remained manifestly inadequate for years despite incident after incident.

You've ridden in on your big angry horse trying to argue against something that nobody is saying. You must be a hit at parties.

What the guy who kicked it thinks is completely irrelevant.. he was probably had the worst angle of vision on it of anyone to pass judgment on it..

The technology is what it is and the correct decision was made. But even with the best technology there is still doubt and human error is possible.

And who’s to say if the decision was overturned and it was called a point that Port wouldve won anyway.. just as easily argue that the crows wouldve retained possesion from ports kick in and goaled.

Plus in the end eddie shouldve been payed a free kick for a fair old shove in the back by the port defender in the same passage of play.

Give up the whinging... its over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL has already said the reviewer watched every possible ... angle.

End thread

Why is this thread still going? (well I can see the bottom feeders who are posting so I guess there is the answer).
Uh huh... I've given up.

Heck even Rowey is agreeing with us Port fans. The technology sucks.

What did the “guy who kicked” this say ?

F7C5A1B8-500F-4740-9850-D73C6669DC66.jpeg

U
Kochie in on the act now too?

Where is this magical footage they are using to say it was wrong? Why don't Port release it so we can all see it clearly hit the post?
Was only a matter of time before he opened his trout mouth

Apparently AFC don’t have the same morals as Port players .

Great
Next time Dixon shanks it and it’s a poster and the umpire calls a goal , I’m sure he’ll correct them

A club full of divers and stagers infers another club cheats

All from Saturday’s game
1BEF9541-1CEE-4CD0-8E4B-68D8FC499423.gif 92B34897-687E-418C-A15D-543314A19D7D.gif 9A4E3A91-AA34-4F3F-B244-1DFC1E8BB26A.gif CDCCE333-884C-4B89-9CCD-2A825869125F.gif

That in itself isn’t a problem, you’re right. However, your coach spitting the dummy, again after a Showdown, and blaming the AFL for derailing Port’s finals from one score review is a problem. Your pelican of a Chairman complaining about it again today is also a bad look for your club.
I’m sure Keith Thomas would like it to be put to bed and anything more kept in-house yet two of your leaders are throwing toys
out of the cot.

“Because if there’s one thing more satisfying than beating Port Adelaide in a thriller, it’s watching everyone involved in the club losing their collective shit about it in the aftermath.”

https://indaily.com.au/sport/touch-of-the-fumbles/2018/08/06/touch-of-the-fumbles-post-mortem/

This article is hilarious
I did like this pic

190CD949-A865-4403-973B-7B08299C77A2.jpeg

(Didn’t Michael Errey play for Port?)

Only option,

GripBall (and NOT those Cheap'as'Chips knock offs Santa tried to give me as a child, the ball bounced straight off, has to be genuine original)
20180807_122111-COLLAGE~2.jpg

Ball hits the post, we'll all know about it.
(And yeh, the ball can stay put till the end of the game, won't matter if another ball hits the ball, that's not how GripBall works. Space age Velcro technology is the only way to go, at least until the world stops making cameras out of potatoes)

What the guy who kicked it thinks is completely irrelevant.. he was probably had the worst angle of vision on it of anyone to pass judgment on it..

The technology is what it is and the correct decision was made. But even with the best technology there is still doubt and human error is possible.

And who’s to say if the decision was overturned and it was called a point that Port wouldve won anyway.. just as easily argue that the crows wouldve retained possesion from ports kick in and goaled.

Plus in the end eddie shouldve been payed a free kick for a fair old shove in the back by the port defender in the same passage of play.

Give up the whinging... its over.
Yeah nah it’s not irrelevant just because it’s convenient and gave you the win (the crows deserved it)

It’s like asking a batsman if he nicked the ball almost everytime you know

Arguements about theoretical frees to Eddie just prompt a response of “yeah but Doedees 50 was a farce” etc etc etc

Reality is we had our chances didn’t take em and didn’t play well enough

Ken knows this, so vented his frustration over an obvious deficiency in the score review. It’s not like port or Ken are the only ones saying it’s inadequate so stop defending something that’s broken because you think it means the crows didn’t or shouldn’t have won

You did and they should have ffs

U
Was only a matter of time before he opened his trout mouth

Apparently AFC don’t have the same morals as Port players .

Great
Next time Dixon shanks it and it’s a poster and the umpire calls a goal , I’m sure he’ll correct them

A club full of divers and stagers infers another club cheats

All from Saturday’s game
View attachment 539467 View attachment 539468 View attachment 539469 View attachment 539470
Should change the clubs name to “The alberton floppers”..

Neymar has nothing on gray and wingard..

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide lose by 3 points after a wrong Goal Review against the Crows in the dying stages

Remove this Banner Ad

Back