Port Adelaide lose by 3 points after a wrong Goal Review against the Crows in the dying stages

Remove this Banner Ad

What?

6b879cb5af8cde964b0844c4e77b9c51.png

Uhhh, what what?

What exactly do you see here?

I give it 27 minutes until Port fans officially claim the victory like Missouri fans do for their 1990 college football defeat to Colorado when the refs handing Colorado a win on the final play.

They’re salty like that...
About five people on this forum are likely to get this reference. And I dislike each of them as much as I dislike you.

Take it to the NFL board, buddy.

Jenkins knows it hit the post. Reaction a dead giveaway. Like when a batsman knicks one and head automatically turns to see the catch. I understand you can’t change a decision on player reaction but that 100% hit the post. If Jenkins was Gilchrist he would’ve run up to the goal ump and told him so hahaha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I were a Port fan I would be livid.

I would say that I am done with this bullshit FIXtured league for the last time.

And then I would be straight back here next week when Port get their season on track again.

This is why the AFL get away with it. They know we can't help ourselves.

Yes, the comp is a FARCE at best, and outright rigged at worst. But we love it.

That's the thing about football.

The slow-mo goal review footage is in reverse, hence why the ball appears to go from the goal (right) side of the goalpost, to the behind (left) side of the goal post.

However, the ball actually goes from left to right, as Jenkins kicks it from the left pocket.

Tough, tough decision to make for both the umpire and video review people to make; not sure if there's a clear solution to these sorts of controversies though.

Jokes aside, did any Adelaide fans bother doing a proper review of the Grand Final last year?

All you need to do is compare the average amount of time which Tiger players were given before being called to 'play on', vs the same figure for Adelaide players.

It was such an obvious sham that I am honestly surprised no Adelaide fans have bothered to start a blog about it or something.

And here you are, gloating about a match being rigged for you rather than against you.

Take a cold hard look at yourselves, you clowns.

If I were a Port fan I would be livid.

I would say that I am done with this bullshit FIXtured league for the last time.

And then I would be straight back here next week when Port get their season on track again.

This is why the AFL get away with it. They know we can't help ourselves.

Yes, the comp is a FARCE at best, and outright rigged at worst. But we love it.

That's the thing about football.
I took close to a month off of the AFL earlier this year partly because of the incompetence of the entertainment bias of the comp rather than a sporting competition.

Might just take the rest of the year off. If it pisses me off that much then that's the right decision because it shouldn't be that way. But s**t the AFL dishes up like this - Jack Higgins throw included - might be entertaining to the casual observer but it sure as hell is compromising the sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back