Port Adelaide lose by 3 points after a wrong Goal Review against the Crows in the dying stages

Remove this Banner Ad

It clearly passed in front of the post, went through for a point never mind if it hit the post or not. Do you have HD Foxtel or standard? It can be pretty hard to tell if it's not in HD.
HD. Actually was going to give up fox this year, had on hold during summer. 2 games of 7 SD into round 1 and I was on the phone getting it back on.

Here is that other angle where the ball went on the goal side of the post

DjvwboWV4AAVeLA.jpg:large

Not sure how the other vision shows the ball in front of the post

Blame Wines for trying an around-the-body shot at goal (or whatever the **** it's called) when a drop punt from 30 metres out would have done.
Stupid mistakes like that cost them the game. Not the video review (although that is a sack of shit as well).

Blame Wines for trying an around-the-body shot at goal (or whatever the **** it's called) when a drop punt from 30 metres out would have done.
Stupid mistakes like that cost them the game. Not the video review (although that is a sack of shit as well).
I know you are just stirring.
Nothing makes up for an abysmal decision from an anonymous official.
Why shouldn't Port Adelaide win despite our mistakes? We were in front despite them. And then a decision like this - not a momentary umpiring mistake but a considered decision by an official who had all the time in the world to get it right, hell that is his JOB - changes the game and the season for a whole lot of teams.

Considering JJ's social media work I think he is baiting and with it being Showdown and all the ramifications for Port he has his ultimate audience.

Well done to those that swallowed it hook, line and sinker.
So when he says "post" to his teammate on the field 5 seconds after the kick, you think he was thinking Twitter?

I know you are just stirring.
Nothing makes up for an abysmal decision from an anonymous official.
Why shouldn't Port Adelaide win despite our mistakes? We were in front despite them. And then a decision like this - not a momentary umpiring mistake but a considered decision by an official who had all the time in the world to get it right, hell that is his JOB - changes the game and the season for a whole lot of teams.
Half stirring. I'd be livid with Wines if I was you though.
Amateurs at the AFL. You'd be better off with tarot cards deciding on goal reviews. It stinks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then how do you explain this?

Very good work by the AFL to not show the kick in full speed - looked like a post in real time and looks the same every time I look at it.

Just need the AFL to come out and say it was the correct call now.

This is BS, it depends where you pause it, any shot on goal can be made to look like this as a still.

Not sure what you're on about, it's the exact moment that - in that vision - the ball passes on the goal side of the post.

In the other vision it passes in front of the post and through for what appears to be a behind. I don't really know why the two different angles show two different things

Half stirring. I'd be livid with Wines if I was you though.
Amateurs at the AFL. You'd be better off with tarot cards deciding on goal reviews. It stinks.
I am livid. I'm also realistic that the Crows missed a lot of shots and dominated field play mostly. But for all that we led, and this s**t took it away.

Crows were kicking to the left of screen the ball past the left goal post and went in front of it through for a point.
You're wrong on this one. The slo mo replay showing the ball going left in front of the post is on rewind, ie it is coming back to Jenkin's boot. It went through the goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide lose by 3 points after a wrong Goal Review against the Crows in the dying stages

Remove this Banner Ad

Back