Game Day Port Adelaide v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can hope, at least.
Just intuitively feel like we're set for a big change this week after having listened to Clarko and the players talk in the media this week. Similar sort of lead ups towards our last few GF appearances. Media continuously questioning them why Port have seemingly had the wood over us for the last couple years. The answers and tone of those answers makes me think they're ready to let their actions do the talking.

4 points and some form to carry into next week.

Still dont beleive our season hinges on winning this or any other particular game. We will drop a game or 2, it doesnt matter which, though would be a great troll to drop this, and be written off, slip back under the radar etc. As long as we then win the games against fellow finals, top 4 contenders.

Massively surprised at Clarkos challenge. If I have an issue, its the humility and respect he shows this mob. Have always thought he was the one with the issue regarding them, not the players. Just far too much respect.

Hawks by 10 goals after that revup, or the balls to mouth it. Would be satisfied with the 4 points and increasing form.

We're already flying under the radar. Melbourne's little paper previewed the last eight rounds of the competition and had Hawthorn finishing anywhere from second (on percentage) down to eighth on the ladder.

Anyone know why Port's odds are being crunched? The line has moved from 11.5 to 5.5 now... And the way it is going, Port will be favorites by gametime.

I can't see why... Rioli in, no important in's for Port, no big outs for the Hawks. No rain forecast. Is there a late change coming? or is this just punters jumping all over Port because they beat Richmond lol?

Anyone know why Port's odds are being crunched? The line has moved from 11.5 to 5.5 now... And the way it is going, Port will be favorites by gametime.

I can't see why... Rioli in, no important in's for Port, no big outs for the Hawks. No rain forecast. Is there a late change coming? or is this just punters jumping all over Port because they beat Richmond lol?
Odds are dictated by first the analytics team at the betting agencies and secondly by where the money is going.

Punters jumping on Port as they had a good win last week, beat us twice last year, it's in Adealide, the odds were juicy.

Odds are dictated by first the analytics team at the betting agencies and secondly by where the money is going.

Punters jumping on Port as they had a good win last week, beat us twice last year, it's in Adealide, the odds were juicy.

hmm some nice odds for Hawthorn then. These are the only wins Port has had. Why would anyone think they can beat Hawthorn coming of a 2 week break. The Hawks are going to win by 6 goals -

Richmond (X2)
Collingwood
Melbourne
Brisbane
Essendon

Sensing that we'll come out tonight looking like a much better team than we have for so much of this season. A relentless performance.

I have a feeling we have one 'statement' game in us before Finals. The last few years at some point during the back end of the season we've come out and absolutely blown someone good away. It probably won't be tonight, but I'm looking for signs for next weeks game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels odd...Thursday and its time for footy already.
Don't like it but will care less if we have a good win tonight.
i'm glad, 11 days without the Hawks is long enough

Are Centrelink payments paid out on Thursdays perhaps?

20% chance of between 0 and .2 mm of rain. 14 degrees not much wind. Adelaide oval drains well but it will be a little slippery I reckon. 37mm Monday, 2mm Tuesday, 1.5mm Wednesday and had some light showers very early this morning but should be pretty good for footy! Suns out atm.

Regarding Clarko coming out and provoking our boys as well as Port, could it be that he is attempting to simulate the conditions that we will face with the bye round before finals?

From recollection our form has been a bit scratchy post bye in recent times.

This game is set up for Jonathan Ceglar. He's been steadily improving all season and has had a couple of outstanding tap downs to Burgoyne. Port have been setting up to rove off the opposition ruck so I am expecting we'll look to counter that. Cegs, as the best ruck on the park, should really look to exploit Trengove, Dixon et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back