Port Adelaide v West Coast - 4.10 Sunday 10th May @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

You can tell a serious contender by the way that they play these middleweight sides. A serious contender doesn't let their standards slip below a certain level. Case in point is back in the pre-season, the Hawks were drawn against the Saints (don't ask me why, Gil?) and the temptation to coast must have been huge for the Hawks. They didn't coast though, they were harder, smarter and hungrier then the Saints. There was nothing for them to play for at all, but their self-respect and their sense of self was such that they still spanked St. Kilda by 100.

West Coast are a level above St. Kilda but gee whiz it is a stretch to imagine that they should come close to us if we perform at the level we can, especially given their defense has been shredded. I think back to when we played them in the NAB Challenge on the Parade (in our bloody teal tops that looked like Sturt) and we led most of the day by about 15/20 before powering away in the last quarter for a 40 point win.

That's what we should be looking for as a minimum with our boys this weekend. West Coast have some good players but they have injuries, they are slow and they are pretty one-dimensional in attack. I know our guys are going to be tired after the brutal start to the season that we've had but FMD they owe it to themselves to win this regardless of how tired they are. I'll be so pissed if we lose, not because we deserve better, but because the players deserve better.

Carn Port!

with watching the Wobblers/Cats game so far upto 1/2 time it just goes to show how our game is a real danger game if you show up with a attitude of being comfortable with your previous efforts, we need to switched on, talent and expectations of a easier draw will not get us over the line, desperation , hardworking all game and making the most of our chances will go a long way towards a win
We're what - 10th on the ladder? Hawthorn, Sydney and Fremantle all have very winnable games: if they all win and we can't get the job done tomorrow, that puts a top 4 berth even further out of reach. We are in NO position to be complacent!!!

Going by a comment I read on the main Board by an Eagles supporter, we were "lucky" to win last week given the inside 50 differential.

Read another comment from a WCE supporter a few weeks back, this time on the Eagles' board, that we were basically propped up by the AFL via our draft picks. I reckon we're probably the only club in the league that's never had a top 3 draft pick, whilst I reckon Gardiner & Banfield were both number 1 selections. Not to mention the generous concessions they received a few years after they started that effectively got them 2 premierships.

I didn't mind the Eagles from their start in 87, through til late 90s, but now I just see them as a soul-less franchise.

I hope we win, and win easily, this is definitely a danger-game though, so the players need to be switched on. We don't want a start like we had in 2013 against them, and we also saw last year what the Eagles can do when they upset the West Lakes mob at AO.

Port by 21 points.

Going by a comment I read on the main Board by an Eagles supporter, we were "lucky" to win last week given the inside 50 differential.

Read another comment from a WCE supporter a few weeks back, this time on the Eagles' board, that we were basically propped up by the AFL via our draft picks. I reckon we're probably the only club in the league that's never had a top 3 draft pick, whilst I reckon Gardiner & Banfield were both number 1 selections. Not to mention the generous concessions they received a few years after they started that effectively got them 2 premierships.

I didn't mind the Eagles from their start in 87, through til late 90s, but now I just see them as a soul-less franchise.

I hope we win, and win easily, this is definitely a danger-game though, so the players need to be switched on. We don't want a start like we had in 2013 against them, and we also saw last year what the Eagles can do when they upset the West Lakes mob at AO.

Port by 21 points.
Behind the crows, Weasels are my second most hated team. Their supporters are a bunch of sooks and like the other bird club in this state are a bunch of pretenders Although they did give us Brad Ebert so thanks for that.

My mate is coming to his first AO game (lives country).

100pt win or Gtfo!!

Truthfully will be happy with a win half that amount. Any less and it is just a pass mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Behind the crows, Weasels are my second most hated team. Their supporters are a bunch of sooks and like the other bird club in this state are a bunch of pretenders Although they did give us Brad Ebert so thanks for that.

Ebert was a Wangaloan.

I can picture this game undoing everything we did to take a step bac, but only if they get lazy or think they have all the time in the world.

It ours to lose....... if Kennedy plays I don't expect to win by a big margin.

The wet is a leveller.....not conifident at all, I felt more confident last week.

If I was an opposition supporter reading some of these posts I would think Port supporters are a touch too arrogant and cocky. I'm not sure that's the image casual Keith is after

Yeah on reflection my post was a bit full on. And if we stuff this up it will look even more stupid.

Sadly I can no more be casual like Keith then I can be godlike like Chad. I'm just a loudmouth fan stuck far away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide v West Coast - 4.10 Sunday 10th May @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back