Review Port Adelaide vs Fremantle - Trial Match 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

He has been really clean. And tough.
He's not just been clean, he has been clean under pressure. He has nailed handball after handball through tackles and congestion, plus hit his kicks.

It's the sorta stuff he has failed to do at AFL level in the past. Usually he plays a bit scared or like he lacks confidence. This has been the most confident and competent he has looked as a result.

An overall good quarter despite Freo resting their ruck. Liked Mead and Esava. Burgoyne and Bergman OK on the wings. Dixon got his goal meaning coaches satisfied.

Reminded me of one of those late 1990’s NRL plays where Rabbits Warren and Peter Sterling were like “DHOARRR HARRAGON!” and as an AFL fan I was like

View attachment 1917238
To be fair, in league it’s impressive as the guys you’re running into are trying to kill you, Dixon getting through a single back pocket before being tackled, not so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

22 shots to 8.

Last 2 quarters have been at the level you'd expect. We've warmed into it now which is good.

To be honest, we aren't even getting a test anymore. Freo have totally turned off.

Let's just hope we get through the next quarter injury free and hit round 1 with a bit of momentum.

Surprise surprise 9/11 goals have come from attacking the corridor yet we spend the majority of the game taking it slow down the wings.

Move it fast, we score. Simple game plan really.

Backs have been very solid though. Esava and BZT looking good with the extra height. Also won a few free kicks which our key backs rarely get and I would say that’s largely due to the extra size they bring.

Better quarter started to spot up lose players around the 40m range rather then blast deep. Liking Mead on ball , very lively, Drew just makes us better Sweet ok , but Darcy rested, BZT solid. Much better qtr by Dixon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back