Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 5 - Cont. in Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone put a few coins on the Power to make the 8. SB was paying $2.50 at the start of the year.

Last night my acc went from $0 to $150 :)

No, but I got $35 for the flag at the start of the year.

What the **** was that last minute by Brisbane?!?
Best worst goal i've ever seen.

9 handballs to escape defensive 50.
1 5 metre scrub kick that's fortuitously hit a team mate.
1 long kick to a contest on the boundary line.
1 mark.
1 dangerous kick on the 45 into the centre square directly to a melbourne player
1 dodgy bounce that favoured Dayne Beams
Beams rushes it inside 50
2 unnessesary handballs
dribble goal inside goal square

Head to head would be better if we met twice or met once on neutral ground.

Hmm. You'd have to define 'better' to make that argument. You could say it'd be fairer. But the incentive to put on a big score would be reduced.

For instance, the motivation for Port and Sydney to put on a big score next week wouldn't be as compelling.

The Swans are the first team to beat the top 4 sides away from home. An amazing achievement in the national comp to do that.

I don't know if a VFL team ever did that when they had to drive down the road to beat a top 4 team. Ok Sydney jumped on a plane 3 times and drove down the road once..
Isn't this only because the best 4 teams are usually in the top 4?

Seems like a bit of a beat to to me.

It would have happened heaps if times that teams had beaten the 'other 4 best teams' I would think

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hmm. You'd have to define 'better' to make that argument. You could say it'd be fairer. But the incentive to put on a big score would be reduced.

For instance, the motivation for Port and Sydney to put on a big score next week wouldn't be as compelling.

One would need to define "fairer" as well.

It pretty funny that the AFL and channel 7 have scheduled a game next week in its flagship time slot with nothing riding on it other than i being the farewell game of two individuals.
I hope it gets the lowest ratings of any Friday night game ever.

How do you even promote such a dud fixture?

That year Carlton got ten (Easter) Thursday/Friday and Saturday night games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't this only because the best 4 teams are usually in the top 4?

Seems like a bit of a beat to to me.

It would have happened heaps if times that teams had beaten the 'other 4 best teams' I would think

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The bloke on the radio said it's the first time ever. I have doubts it happened in the VFL era but he could be correct that it's over 120 seasons and not 30.

Vince should get a week for kneeing and a spray for diving. Took himself out of the contest and it cost them a goal.

Brisbane coming hard.

soooo....unless Melbourne lose to Collingwood and West Coast defeat Adelaide by about 50+ points in Perth (highly unlikely), then Melbourne will play in their first finals series since 2006

Give Brisbane another preseason, they won't be bottom next year.

Yeah, they have a pretty solid mix of senior stars, mid-level talent and a bunch of good kids.

If anything it's reminiscent of us under Primus, insomuch as they're suffering from being horrendously resourced more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back