Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a hard lot aren’t we, are we ever happy?
Nope, we are the Monty python yorkshiremen sketch of the footy world.

Then the pessimists trying to outdo each other are egged on by trolls like 66.

West Coast and Freo each getting an extra home game due to the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games is pretty absurd. Why GCS can’t play at the Gabba has got me stuffed.

West Coast don't get an extra - next week's game is a regular West Coast home game.

Considering we got GC to effectively give up a home game to us 2 years in a row I don't think we can call it an issue.

West Coast don't get an extra - next week's game is a regular West Coast home game.

Considering we got GC to effectively give up a home game to us 2 years in a row I don't think we can call it an issue.

Gold Coast are a wholly owned subsidiary if the AFL and do as they're told. So I guess the AFL simply wanted more games played at the new Perth stadium. As far as them giving up a "home" game for us, it's not our home ground.

West Coast and Freo each getting an extra home game due to the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games is pretty absurd. Why GCS can’t play at the Gabba has got me stuffed.

QLD legislation means that no town hosting any Comm Games events can host any other sporting event.
Rules out Gold Coast, Brisbane, Cairns and Townsville.

Same for NRL and Super Rugby.

Extremely protective of the games.

Brisbane have put in three good performances with nothing to show for it.
A close loss to St Kilda at Etihad when they led for a while, they tied the score against Melbourne at the Gabba after trailing by 38 at half time and then nearly got over us at AO. Even if we had kicked straighter in the last quarter and made a few better choices it still was a good showing. Bulldogs played two poor games and then beat an Essendon team who seem to have fallen in a hole. St Kilda were lucky to get their first win and since then have spent a good amount of their time on the field searching for a place to nap. Carlton are just plainly awful. North Melbourne won't meet too many woeful teams again. Once Grundy is quietened Collingwood don't have their run, and Martin will beat or at the least break even with him.
Based on the first three games I would put Brisbane above all those teams. The only thing is that there are two parts to footy, one is to play well enough to win and one is to win. I'm not sure this current Brisbane team has enough of the latter.

If Chris Judd wants to see what mortgaging your future looks like, he needs to look squarely at Geelong.
Not looking for an argument but Ryder/Dixon is little different to Dangerfield/Ablett in the context of what you're talking about.

Damn, while I wasn’t looking forward to the Umps reaming us, I was looking forward to seeing Abblett play live for the first time ever, I’m pretty sure I’ve been sick or he was injured/Ill every time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahaha... so many oppo club boards imploding already
Same ol' stuff (as is on our own forum by the way)
Sack the coach
Coach is arrogant
Why was this spud player in?
Why was another player not played?
No game plan
Coaches not changing things up
Lazy players
Umpires
...on and on and on it goes... :p

afterthought...maybe we just don't have enough top level players in the AFL to field 18 good teams, or the quality of coaches to coach them (of course we do have a lot of armchair coaches)

Sack the coach
Coach is arrogant
No game plan
Lazy players
Umpires

afterthought...maybe we just don't have enough top level players in the AFL to field 18 good teams, or the quality of coaches to coach them (of course we do have a lot of armchair coaches)
Or maybe we don't have enough top quality posters on BF.
(said with a hint of arrogance)

Sack the coach
Coach is arrogant
No game plan
Lazy players
Umpires

Hey, we're doing that and we're undefeated on top.

Not looking for an argument but Ryder/Dixon is little different to Dangerfield/Ablett in the context of what you're talking about.

Err, no. We've slowly phased out most of the old guard (drafted pre-Hinkley) while drafting strong talent and bringing in solid trade and free agency pickups. We've rebuilt without bottoming out, and are now at the point of challenging for a premiership. Geelong sold the farm to have their current midfield, are unlikely to get anything to show for it, and will have a very rapid and steep decline once that midfield of Selwood, Dangerfield and Ablett is gone. They don't have the younger talent coming through to stop that decline.

Watching "The 10" they showed Daniher marking in the goal square when Essendon were 16 down in the last quarter. He handballed to Green who was not 100% free and also to his feet. The ball went through for a point and McLean took the ball from the kick-in and kicked a goal for the Dogs. There was also one in the Swans game(which they only won by 16 points) where Tim Taranto took a mark in the goalsquare and played on. Rampe grabbed him and he tried to shrug him and had an air swing at the ball.

So no FTA games this afternoon. They are not going to force me to pay foxtel. I'm even capable of going down to The Parade to watch Norwood vs South if I get too bored.

Not sure I could ever get *that* bored.

The “free” AFL live pass that comes with a Telstra mobile bill is worth um every cent, particularly in SYD if I can’t get to a venue where we’re being shown on TV. The replays are a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back