Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

10628181_713582195361727_2614597026874863418_n.jpg

Any player who demands the captaincy as a bargaining tool to stay at the club is the absolute last player at that club who you should give the captaincy to.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be giving him next 3 weeks to sign, or his up for trade, no ifs buts or maybes. It would stuff geelong up massively they just resigned enright and bartel then they will need to find room for danger and frawley with no room to move at all. Hopefully meaning he don't go to club of his choice. Giving up captaincy to keep him or handing it over is in no way the answer nor has he shown this year he is a good captain.

Meanwhile, 15,000 tickets remained for sale to Saturday night's North Melbourne-Essendon clash at the MCG.

About 24,000 tickets were still unsold to the latest chapter in the Hawthorn-Geelong rivalry at the MCG on Friday night.

There were 43,000 tickets still available for the other qualifying final between the Sydney Swans and Fremantle at ANZ Stadium on Saturday.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-02/more-tickets-released-for-portrichmond-final

You know, I just can't help but be reminded of a few seasons ago, not sure which one, where Port missed out on the finals and all they did for 'Mad Monday' was have a quiet beer at the pub. The photo resonated with me because the players were genuinely disappointed with their season. They knew they had underperformed. They expected more of themselves. Contrast that with the above photo. The Crows have missed out on finals 2 years running. It's no cause for celebration. It's only a little thing but these little things add up and it all points to a club that will continue to go nowhere for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Lewis Taylor won the Rising Star from Bontompelli and McDonald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back