Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh.

So your saying JUST because he plays for the Crows he got off, to an extent??

Oh, and Nelso, your allowed to respond as well!!
Is more the taking of a QC to a traffic infringement hearing. I doubt you or I would get away with the 'sick cat' defence.

Totally disagree. Sometimes you hit a point in July and realize you're missing something. All teams get to that stage. Whats wrong with filling in a gap. especially if you're on the cusp of being a top 8 or top 4 side. You may be lacking a key forward so you pick one up. I think it would be well suited to rucks and forwards maybe backmen, with respect to any deficiencies.
Yeah some fatass unfit tall from the state leagues is going to add a lot. You don't ever go all the way to July without realising you're missing a ****ing key player or a ruck, you realise that when you're putting together your list post-season. Some bloke who hasn't done an AFL pre season isn't going to slot into CHF and be the difference between your team finishing 11th or 8th.

Yeah some fatass unfit tall from the state leagues is going to add a lot. You don't ever go all the way to July without realising you're missing a ******* key player or a ruck, you realise that when you're putting together your list post-season. Some bloke who hasn't done an AFL pre season isn't going to slot into CHF and be the difference between your team finishing 11th or 8th.
no you missed the point. If Lobbe went down we'd need a ruck, just as much as Adelaide if Jacobs went down. But what if an SANFL player was having a breakout season. ITs merely to fill in the gaps. I'd much rather see a free for all though. Say team A needs an inside mid team B needs a tall defender.

Imagine a SANFL team who are doing well and then their best players is drafted mid season.

A better idea is to have a supplements list of 2 players per AFL club who would stay with their local team and could only come onto the AFL list when there is a season ending injury.

no you missed the point. If Lobbe went down we'd need a ruck, just as much as Adelaide if Jacobs went down. But what if an SANFL player was having a breakout season. ITs merely to fill in the gaps. I'd much rather see a free for all though. Say team A needs an inside mid team B needs a tall defender.
Yeah but what you fill a spot with some unfit bloke who can barely run out 2 quarters of AFL football, that helps **** all, teams need to prepare their lists appropriately to avoid situations like for example Lobbe going down and us having no rucks because we only had 2 fit ruckmen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine a SANFL team who are doing well and then their best players is drafted mid season.

A better idea is to have a supplements list of 2 players per AFL club who would stay with their local team and could only come onto the AFL list when there is a season ending injury.
Yea that's it: I reckon each AFL Club could nominate 3 players before the season starts, I guess you'd have them on some sort of minimal contract with the chance to earn more if they were required to come on the list & play.

tumblr_inline_nay4s9PRCL1qf7izy.png

His cat is freaking awesome!!!

Is more the taking of a QC to a traffic infringement hearing. I doubt you or I would get away with the 'sick cat' defence.
I thought speeding was strict liability. I may be getting it mixed up with the Uk laws.

Meh.

So your saying JUST because he plays for the Crows he got off, to an extent??

Oh, and Nelso, your allowed to respond as well!!

You reckon that excuse would fly for anyone else?

Rucci also claims that Port Adelaide supporters would kick up a stink if we only played a home Showdown every second year. He overrates the worth of beating the Crows in the coming years.

Here's a brilliant idea - make it so that the team that doesn't get to host the Showdown gets to host Collingwood instead that year. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back