Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alastair Clarkson threatened a female reporter in an incident that prompted mediation between the North Melbourne coach and Channel 9.

Clarkson told reporter Elisabeth Moss “your time will come” in an outburst on February 1st as the media descended on Arden Street in the wake of allegations Tarryn Thomas threatened and intimidated multiple women.

Incredibly, Clarkson’s comment is similar to the one Thomas allegedly made among a series of threatening text messages to women as detailed to the AFL integrity unit. A rattled Moss informed Nine chiefs of the incident, which led to a remorseful Clarkson driving into the network’s Docklands offices for a meeting.

Clarkson then apologised. Letters were exchanged, with a formal apology from North Melbourne put in writing. The matter is now considered closed.

Incidentally, I believe Tarryn Thomas has a court date today.

The justice system in this state has been a joke for decades, the d*ckheads who perpetrate these crimes know the police can't touch them, and since they dropped the height and weight regulations there are now many police officers who wouldn't be big enough or strong enough to enforce the law anyway and have become just public servant revenue collectors wearing police uniforms.

I've seen male police officers in Hindley street at midnight (which is obviously historically a hot spot for trouble), who would have struggled to be any more than 175 cm and 65-70 kegs, so the visual deterrent can be zero as well.

As per the situation you have quoted above, even when the perpetrator of a serious crime gets to court, too often the penalty is a kindergarten level slap on the wrist.

Unfortunately it seems police are a revenue collecting force, and protecting people isn’t a priority

When it comes to sentencing laws and so on, it makes no sense.

Only thing I can think of is they don’t have the resources to have too many people in the ward of the government so have to limit how many will be in there.

We certainly know they don’t have the resources to deal with those criminals who need extra resources whether that’s to deal with drug addiction , psychological treatment or so on. We don’t treat the problem, just a revolving door.

Meanwhile ordinary people feel like the government treats them like criminals for everyday mistakes.

Unfortunately it seems police are a revenue collecting force, and protecting people isn’t a priority

When it comes to sentencing laws and so on, it makes no sense.

Only thing I can think of is they don’t have the resources to have too many people in the ward of the government so have to limit how many will be in there.

We certainly know they don’t have the resources to deal with those criminals who need extra resources whether that’s to deal with drug addiction , psychological treatment or so on. We don’t treat the problem, just a revolving door.

Meanwhile ordinary people feel like the government treats them like criminals for everyday mistakes.
It’s literally by design, they are the lapdogs of the rich and powerful.

Anyone who believed they exist to ‘help’ is deluded and just needs to look at how a crime reported in Burnside compared to the same crime committed in Elizabeth is treated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amon wearing the old Chance Bateman #10 for the Hawks.

Last 2 turnovers for Hawks from Chad and then from Amon.

Just watched the Geelong v Poos and wees game.

Geelong had an easy 85pt win no surprise. They barely looked like they were trying. I wouldn't be surprised if they finished top 4 again. Bowes was really good but think he only played the 1st half. Ratogalea in Def was a stand out too in the 1st half! Wish they let him go to us....

Hawk fans will have a very frustrating year of footy to watch but atleast one positive is that they might get the #1pick.... They might win a game here and there but it wouldn't surprise me if they had a 10 game losing streak at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back