Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With GWS youā€™re not factoring in the amount of draft picks theyā€™ve been gifted from the AFL.
Something like 29 first round picks, Bugs Bunny could coach them and they be doing ok.
I see Yze as a stand in until something bigger comes along.
Kingsley took them within an inch of making a Grand Final, they beat us next week they are in 3rd position, not sure how many other coaches have done that in 2 years at GWS.
How have the Suns gone with their first round draft picks?

Honestly we can absolutely miss finals lol. The teams around us have got great back ends to the year fixture wise. Essendon gonna have some toughies soon.

I think we will be 5-8 and out in the first week.

Screenshot_20240601_220913_Chrome.jpg

Absolutely love watching this hawthorn team play. This is exactly what happens when everyone is so up and about and playing for the team and coach.
Agree. I was really impressed with them when they played us. Great run, work hard & play as a team. Got some talent too which is well distributed across the field. I picked them to beat Crows.

Kingsley took them within an inch of making a Grand Final, they beat us next week they are in 3rd position, not sure how many other coaches have done that in 2 years at GWS.
GWS has had 2 other coaches total. Leon Cameron and Kevin Sheedy being too busy on the wine and marketing job.

Their previous coach actually made a Grand Final. And the entire thing with Leon was how he was about how he wasn't successful with that super team.

Kingsley has inherited this same side. Hinkley took 2 seasons to get Port to within 1 kick of a Grand Final. Without a list anywhere near as stacked as Kingsley has.
Gold Coast never got a TAC Cup U/18 side as Academy players. Gold Coast actually has to create players from nothing.

Honestly we can absolutely miss finals lol. The teams around us have got great back ends to the year fixture wise. Essendon gonna have some toughies soon.

View attachment 2007867
Just did one and I've got us 9th as well.

The Suns haha they gave away a first round pick to Geelong, have no idea.
No team has had as much draft consenitions as GWS.
Send Kingsley to norf and see how he goes, about as good as Clarkson.
Even Cameron took them to a GF and he's about as good as Hinkley.
You get that many top line picks you have to do good eventually.

View attachment 2007867
This is a terrible scenario. If we missed the eight on fourteen wins Kochie, Kane and co would just say '14 wins would get you in finals any other year, let's give Ken another extension'.

This is a terrible scenario. If we missed the eight on fourteen wins Kochie, Kane and co would just say '14 wins would get you in finals any other year, let's give Ken another extension'.

I honestly believe there is enough anti-Ken out there heā€™s going to be sent packing - he wonā€™t get another extension.

Re the Carr scenario at least at Hawthorn they bloody well had the guts to say it was a succession plan - our club hasnā€™t got the balls to say it but rather leak it through Caro, so who knows if itā€™s a real thing.

Itā€™s so obvious Ken isnā€™t winning a flag at Port, so why keep it dragging alongā€¦ what mediocrity we have become.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely love watching this hawthorn team play. This is exactly what happens when everyone is so up and about and playing for the team and coach.

When Ginnivan kicked the last goal in the 3rd qtr, and his team mates were rag dolling him with kudos. They're playing with spirit and passion which We solely miss that, and I miss that.

Thank god he doesnā€™t provide the lotto numbers. He is like a broken clock.

Yes, a digital clock

carpet-stains-broken.jpg

GWS made a grand final in 2019, then suffered after the magnitude of the defeat (we know about that in heightened Jim Steinman fashion) plus their usual player losses. Leon Cameron wore out his time and was moved on.

They are miles ahead of Gold Coast, were always set up much smarter. There is an enormous amount of talent at GWS which gets overlooked when people talk about Kingsley.

Kingsley is doing well, but needs more of a body of successful work before he can be judged. Hinkley looked like the next big thing after 2 seasons at Port.

Was saying the same thing today. They will win their next flag b4 us.
Flags are won on hard work by all within the club.
You donā€™t get turns at winning nothing.

The stark reality of it all is at the end of the year thereā€™s only one winner the other 17 teams are losers.
Thatā€™s the way Port used to look at it in the SANFL.
That mentality has gone forever and has been replaced by how the numbers stack up from year to year.

The Suns haha they gave away a first round pick to Geelong, have no idea.
No team has had as much draft consenitions as GWS.
Send Kingsley to norf and see how he goes, about as good as Clarkson.
Even Cameron took them to a GF and he's about as good as Hinkley.
You get that many top line picks you have to do good eventually.
You get that many top line picks you have to do good eventually? As I previously pointed out the Suns have proven that is not true.

GWS has had 2 other coaches total. Leon Cameron and Kevin Sheedy being too busy on the wine and marketing job.

Their previous coach actually made a Grand Final. And the entire thing with Leon was how he was about how he wasn't successful with that super team.

Kingsley has inherited this same side. Hinkley took 2 seasons to get Port to within 1 kick of a Grand Final. Without a list anywhere near as stacked as Kingsley has.

Gold Coast never got a TAC Cup U/18 side as Academy players. Gold Coast actually has to create players from nothing.
No but they got 8 draft picks in the top 12 in 2010, they have had plenty of opportunities to succeed

GWS made a grand final in 2019, then suffered after the magnitude of the defeat (we know about that in heightened Jim Steinman fashion) plus their usual player losses. Leon Cameron wore out his time and was moved on.

They are miles ahead of Gold Coast, were always set up much smarter. There is an enormous amount of talent at GWS which gets overlooked when people talk about Kingsley.

Kingsley is doing well, but needs more of a body of successful work before he can be judged. Hinkley looked like the next big thing after 2 seasons at Port.
Yes they have talent but when Kingsley took them over they had just finished 16th. If not for a dodgy umpiring decision they would have been in the Grand Final and I give the coach full credit for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back