Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows supporters excited by pick 4 after Saints win. Of course if they beat Saints next week that becomes pick 5.
monty python GIF

So all that BS whining over an umpiring mistake last year was just play acting. It's draft picks that matter. Got it.

There's only so many middle aged men that think football is the most important thing in life that attend each game, the reality is it's an entertainment industry and music and various other sideshows are a part of pretty much every sport these days. And when the AFL insist on a full minute of dead time between goals, you can totally understand why clubs look for ways to fill it.

It's not singing a song or even the song choice thats bad, it's that the choose to play it after an individual kicks a goal. There's something so wrong and franchisey about it.
Yeah it’s got an American feel about it.
Songs after goals is a bit pussy if you ask me.
A bit more biff after a goal is much more entertaining.

There's only so many middle aged men that think football is the most important thing in life that attend each game, the reality is it's an entertainment industry and music and various other sideshows are a part of pretty much every sport these days. And when the AFL insist on a full minute of dead time between goals, you can totally understand why clubs look for ways to fill it.
Yeah, I don't have a problem with all the stuff before and after games and in the breaks. I don't actually mind the Perfect Pear, the Coles and KFC stuff is OK and if I'm not interested, it's easy to ignore. But once the siren sounds and the game is on, imo, there is no need for all that "Country Road" rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK.

I get why clubs in non-AFL territory in Qld or NSW want the sideshow sing a longs - and even the theatre goers who attend crow games. But pretty sure the vast majority of season ticket holders at our home games are not mildly interested in it.

In a home day match crowd on 40k+ I'm not seeing more than a handful of people engaging in any of the sideshow stuff at our games (other than the NTUA and the perfect pear stuff). And the Auskick (aka mini league) is still more entertaining than anything else on offer.

And the BS entertainment with that screeching woman pumped out at 100+DB just gets in the way of decent footy talk between quarters.

Realised I'm starting to sound like that middle aged man you mentioned. But to be honest it flatters me as it suggests I'm going to live past 100, which given my lifestyle ain't happening.

So anyway you can all FRO with your entertainment BS. I go to the footy to watch the footy.

And if the PAFC dares puts a song after every goal into the mix they can.....

Angry Old Man GIF by South Park

Last edited:
I think Rankine’s hit was 100% premeditated, he only had 1 thing in mind. The AFL absolutely should make a statement….. 6 weeks….

Surely 7-Adelaide is running that?

Elspeth can stalk him as he walks down the street. Maybe she already does.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with all the stuff before and after games and in the breaks. I don't actually mind the Perfect Pear, the Coles and KFC stuff is OK and if I'm not interested, it's easy to ignore. But once the siren sounds and the game is on, imo, there is no need for all that "Country Road" rubbish.
I always hated the KFC plug on gameday. Still triggers memories for me and the last game I attended at Adelaide Oval, 21 PF.

Watching Ports get flogged at home in a PF "I don't care, I love it" cements we're a franchise.

Having individual players song choice when they score a goal would have made me postal. Probably the best reason to drag a player from the field after scoring a goal.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back