Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Has the AFL found a way to let Heeney off yet?
Isaac Heeney has been offered a one-match ban for striking Jimmy Webster.- Intentional conduct- Low impact- High contact

Rankine gets 4 and straight to the Tribunal. - intentional, high contact and severe impact

Last edited:

Isaac Heeney has been offered a one-match ban for striking Jimmy Webster.- Intentional conduct- Low impact- High contact

Rankine gets 4 and straight to the Tribunal.

Wonder if the AFL counsel will try and upgrade Rankine's suspension. Was a cheap shot.

Rankine gets 4 and straight to the Tribunal. - intentional, high contact and severe impact
Swans will challenge the 1 week ban, not sure how you can assess that as intentional.

Top Adelaide barrister Stephen Rowe KC says it was just a body check and was bloody unlucky.
He's not wrong though. It was a body check, and he's unlucky in that the action caused Starcevich's head to clash with Rankine's. Which is why he's getting suspended.

Its the same with MacAdam's bump on Jacob Weyr last year. Chose to lay a heavy bump to the body that caused the head to whiplash and get hurt.

Swans will challenge the 1 week ban, not sure how you can assess that as intentional.
You can’t swing the arm behind you and expect to get off.

The swinging arm isn’t a part of play, there’s your reckless ‘intent’.

He's not wrong though. It was a body check, and he's unlucky in that the action caused Starcevich's head to clash with Rankine's. Which is why he's getting suspended.

Its the same with MacAdam's bump on Jacob Weyr last year. Chose to lay a heavy bump to the body that caused the head to whiplash and get hurt.

He hit him in the head with his head off the ball.

Witing for my car to come back from servicing with Five aa playing in the background and I hear Rowe demanding stronger action be taken against the Brisbane member who racially abused Izak Rankine on line. Demands that person have his photo shown on screens at the next Adelaide Oval home game and a life ban imposed.

Says racism is totally unacceptable and he's 'had enough'.

How's the hypocrisy?
Tex has his photo up on the screen at every Crows home game, so why not? :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why am I getting all these thread started alerts for the Sydney Board? lol fukc the Swans
Can turn em off. I dont remember how. Think chief accidently subscribed the entire bigfooty to them lol

Everything is either low or severe

Butters misses someone - low impact
Heeney dishes out a blood nose - low impact

Do either of the above to Paddy McCartin - severe impact

Can turn em off. I dont remember how. Think chief accidently subscribed the entire bigfooty to them lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back