Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair that last minute score from a centre bounce is something we have done more than once. All down to the courage of the player who dares to make the break and take it on.

Essendon v Freo. Two sides who always flop at the end of the season. Immovable mass vs Immovable object.

A draw would have been appropriate but more than happy with a Freo loss (because of what it gives us this week in terms of ladder position)

Last edited:

To be fair that last minute score from a centre bounce is something we have done more than once. All down to the courage of the player who dares to make the break and take it on.

Essendon v Freo. Two sides who always flop at the end of the season. Immovable mass vs Immovable object.

A draw would have been appropriate but more than happy with a Freo loss.
Yeah it just looked so easy, Freo totally flat footed and bird watching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it just looked so easy, Freo totally flat footed and bird watching.

Every time I see one of these last minute comeback wins I'm reminded of the obsession Choko Williams had with practicing icing games in our last H&A season games from 2000-2004.

Pissed me off no end at the time but when you see a game like this - and the GWS game earlier you can see why he obsessed about it.

Nowadays you can just put a sign up for the shut down drill and still the players stuff it up (remember when Chocko used count down boards and was banned from doing it by the AFL? Now every team uses them. Everyone forgets what an innovator Mark Williams was as coach)

Every time I see one of these last minute comeback wins I reminded of the obsession Chocko Williams had with practicing icing games in our last H&A season games from 2000-2004.

Pissed me off no end at the time but when you see a game like this - and the GWS game earlier you can see why he obsessed about it.

Nowadays you can just put a sign up for the shut down drill and still the players stuff it up (remember when Chocko used count down boards and was banned from doing it by the AFL? Now every team uses them. Everyone forgets what an innovator Mark Williams was as coach)
There was nobody quite like Chocko, he had 100% belief his way was the right way.
Sometimes he was spot on other times it ended bad.
People liked him for his working class no frills approach.
He played the game hard and coached the same way.
I don’t agree with all he done but he was the real deal not like these politically correct Puffer jacket jack offs

Yep.

I gather everyone now knows why he wanted to be traded out and why off field issues made us happy to comply.

Still, I'm disappointed for him his shift hasn't worked out. Had a lot of potential imho.

Kane Cornes: Port just traded out a future All Australian defender

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back