Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

From a fan perspective - those who actually fork out to go to every home game - it also sucks as this extra round will obviously be yet another cost not included in the season ticket.

Yep, I get its more $$ all round for the 'business' of the AFL. But from my personal business/finance perspective it makes zero sense. And the further the game and the club actually gets from the people who made it.

Yup, that’s how it makes more money.

Same as gather round.

Just do a home and away you pricks!!!

I’m not for it, but see why.

From a fan perspective - those who actually fork out to go to every home game - it also sucks as this extra round will obviously be yet another cost not included in the season ticket.

Yep, I get its more $$ all round for the 'business' of the AFL. But from my personal business/finance perspective it makes zero sense. And the further the game and the club actually gets from the people who made it.

Also unfortunately there are many ‘fans’ who would happily fork out for a $100 finals ticket but wouldn’t dream of getting a 3 game $50 membership to watch the regular season games.

Yup, that’s how it makes more money.

Same as gather round.

Just do a home and away you pricks!!!

I’m not for it, but see why.
Yep. I get it. You're stating things as they are not as they should be.

(there's a JFK quote begging to be thrown in out of context at this point but I'll resist).

Humphrey wasn't known for being black. He was known for not speaking and not wearing pants. Hence Hoff getting the same nickname. (I assume because he was quiet, not because he didn't wear pants)

Last edited:
Humphrey wasn't known for being black. He was known for not speaking and not wearing pants. Hence Hoff getting the same nickname. (I assume because he was quiet, not because he didn't wear pants)

Getting the nickname Humphrey B. Bear and then associating it with being black is one of the longest bows I've heard of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three-time Geelong Premiership star Tom Hawkins will retire at the conclusion of Geelong’s 2024 AFL campaign.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back