Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

If we’re scheduled for a Thursday final, that would be the 12th day after the Fremantle game. I wonder if they take that into account if we or freo get a concussion
Our boys have struggled after byes, if we could score the final game of Round 24 and the first game of the finals, that's probably a win.

It’s only 16 days until the scheduled start of round 24, and the fixture still hasn’t been locked in – purely because the AFL wants the best fixtures in the best timeslots. Too bad for the fans of the clubs who want to travel interstate to see their team play: it’s ridiculous!!!

It’s only 16 days until the scheduled start of round 24, and the fixture still hasn’t been locked in – purely because the AFL wants the best fixtures in the best timeslots. Too bad for the fans of the clubs who want to travel interstate to see their team play: it’s ridiculous!!!

I don't know why the AFL cannot just programme the team that wins the wooden spoon to Perth the following year for the last round. eg (Richmond most likely this year finish last so they play last round in Perth 2025.

It is highly unlikely the team with wooden spoon is going to be playing finals the next year. If a Perth based team finishes last then the 2nd to bottom team takes that spot.

I don't know why the AFL cannot just programme the team that wins the wooden spoon to Perth the following year for the last round. eg (Richmond most likely this year finish last so they play last round in Perth 2025.

It is highly unlikely the team with wooden spoon is going to be playing finals the next year. If a Perth based team finishes last then the 2nd to bottom team takes that spot.
That would make too much sense.

As it is, the AFL just generally just send us or the Crows to WA in the last round, to save the precious eastern states clubs an hour travelling time.

They've expertly held off the announcement to ensure the best games in the best timeslots, like a 12th vs 11th dead rubber primetime on a Friday Night. Get around it

They've expertly held off the announcement to ensure the best games in the best timeslots, like a 12th vs 11th dead rubber primetime on a Friday Night. Get around it
I can't wait for 18th v 13th on the Saturday - it should be standing room only at the G......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't wait for 18th v 13th on the Saturday - it should be standing room only at the G......

Seeing it's at the G a fair few Richmond fans should turn up, maybe a few neutrals too - they'd probably still boycott Dusty's farewell if it was at Marvel.

Incidentally, SUNS's highest home and away attendances have both been at Optus - they played a home game there against Freo in 2018 due to the Comm Games. Dusty's swan song should beat the 51,774 against WCE in 2019.

20180816_202444-gif.544065

I guess Dimma will carry him around the ground? Nicely well orchestrated for the VFL fans...

They should do a power stance then start laughing

Seeing it's at the G a fair few Richmond fans should turn up, maybe a few neutrals too - they'd probably still boycott Dusty's farewell if it was at Marvel.

Incidentally, SUNS's highest home and away attendances have both been at Optus - they played a home game there against Freo in 2018 due to the Comm Games. Dusty's swan song should beat the 51,774 against WCE in 2019.

I went to the Port v Richmond game at Marvel where they turned up in droves to farewell Ben Cousins who played all of 32 games for them.

Dusty should pack the place out!

Hawthorn champion Cyril Rioli has claimed that he was nicknamed “Humphrey B Bear” among a long list of racist and culturally insensitive issues that forced him into AFL retirement, court documents have revealed.

Mr Rioli, who retired in 2018 after winning four premierships with Hawthorn, is the lead plaintiff in a lawsuit against the club alleging that he was the subject of racism and racial discrimination during his time with the Hawks.

Mr Rioli alleged in the court documents that he was called “Humphrey B Bear” by Mr Clarkson and “thereby associated … with a black bear”.

He also said that in November 2011, while visiting family in Darwin, he had a meeting with Mr Clarkson at a hotel.

He claimed that he was told by Mr Clarkson words to the effect of “be careful not to have babies and understand that your career has just taken off and that a child will disrupt your career or potentially end it”.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/te...s/news-story/c97433138cd8e5ef0d9362ce3149ecf3
2011? Telling a 22 year old to keep it in his pants for a while so he can concentrate on his career? Seems pretty sage advice to any 22 year old. Oh and it clearly deeply effected Cyril. He went on to win 3 more flags, a norm Smith and 3 AA Jumpers. I mean, WTF is taking these "allegations" seriously?

2011? Telling a 22 year old to keep it in his pants for a while so he can concentrate on his career? Seems pretty sage advice to any 22 year old. Oh and it clearly deeply effected Cyril. He went on to win 3 more flags, a norm Smith and 3 AA Jumpers. I mean, WTF is taking these "allegations" seriously?
It caused retrospective trauma

The worst part was Jeff Kennett making apparently deeply offensive comments to Cyril's partner because of her ripped designer jeans. This was the straw that broke the camel's back.
What old man hasn't had a dig at young person's ripped jeans before?

I'm not saying that nothing wrong happened at that club, but to include that sort of thing does muddy the waters a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back