Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Damian Barrett, what a smug sanctimonious twat. I've provided the link because Bigfooty rules dictate I must, but I urge you not to click it and give this campaigner a cent of ad revenue.

"When Brand Petracca signed his contract extension in 2021, the Demons published a four-and-a-half minute interview with him, where he spoke of a love for the club as well as making a heartfelt reference to former captain Nathan Jones. Petracca's desire to be a one-club player lasted just three seasons more. Can't wait to hear why."

"Can't wait to hear why"?
Oh gee I don't know Damian, maybe it's because their medical negligence quite literally nearly ****ing killed him.

Petracca being sent back on the oval when obviously in agony was one of the worst things I've seen in football.

Nothing to see here says the AFL.
Port would have definitely received a "please explain" from the AFL, as an added bonus we would get the VIC media uproar on player negligence.

Damian Barrett, what a smug sanctimonious twat. I've provided the link because Bigfooty rules dictate I must, but I urge you not to click it and give this campaigner a cent of ad revenue.

"When Brand Petracca signed his contract extension in 2021, the Demons published a four-and-a-half minute interview with him, where he spoke of a love for the club as well as making a heartfelt reference to former captain Nathan Jones. Petracca's desire to be a one-club player lasted just three seasons more. Can't wait to hear why."

Oh gee I don't know Damian, maybe it's because their medical negligence quite literally nearly ****ing killed him.

The Demons board is interesting reading. Have seen so many people shamelessly suggest that he's using this traumatic experience as an excuse to get traded to a flag contending club.
Absolutely shocking.

I get that is definitely medical negligence but couldn’t Petracca himself say “no, I don’t think I can get back out there?”

I get that is definitely medical negligence but couldn’t Petracca himself say “no, I don’t think I can get back out there?”
That thinking went out decades ago. Players will always want to play. It's the doctor's responsibility.

Port would have definitely received a "please explain" from the AFL, as an added bonus we would get the VIC media uproar on player negligence.

We would have been deregistered. The CFMEU of AFL.

That thinking went out decades ago. Players will always want to play. It's the doctor's responsibility.

On the Sunday Matthew Lloyd did a 'Deep Dive' of players who bravely soldiered on in the face of pain and often subsequent hospitalisation because footy.

The self-harming behaviour is lionised.

He is lucky he didn't lose his life or even his spleen and end up on a lifetime of prophylactic antibiotics.

A simple respiratory and or abdominal assessment would have identified his need to be transferred to the hospital ASAP. Or a simple set of vitals for that matter. The spleen is a highly vascular organ that can lead you to bleed to death, and a punctured lung can lead to a haemopneumothorax.

The fact the players association hasn't been involved says a lot too. Makes me wonder if the AFL is influenced by organized crime.
I've worked in a few places where I couldn't tell if it was corruption or incompetence.

AFL is different level though. We keep thinking that there should be some level of integrity in a national comp, but even head coaches would laugh about that in press conferences.

AFL only cares about maximising revenues, not for the betterment of the game but justification of salaries being paid in head office.

I've worked in a few places where I couldn't tell if it was corruption or incompetence.

AFL is different level though. We keep thinking that there should be some level of integrity in a national comp, but even head coaches would laugh about that in press conferences.

AFL only cares about maximising revenues, not for the betterment of the game but justification of salaries being paid in head office.
Of course they do.
Like governments, councils, and companies be it banks, marketing, insurance, mining, health or construction.
It’s all about the product and the bottom dollar..

Of course they do.
Like governments, councils, and companies be it banks, marketing, insurance, mining, health or construction.
It’s all about the product and the bottom dollar..
Must be my age, something about sporting comps that used to be sacred ground, fair play and all that.

Might have to train myself to take every announcement out of the AFL as if it's been read out by this guy...

1724755903245.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caro talking about Jarrad Schofield's tattoos like it's an issue for his coaching aspirations shows how well and truly cooked she is.. jeezus lol
As if we needed more evidence as to how deep she is in Hinkleys pocket.

A simple respiratory and or abdominal assessment would have identified his need to be transferred to the hospital ASAP. Or a simple set of vitals for that matter. The spleen is a highly vascular organ that can lead you to bleed to death, and a punctured lung can lead to a haemopneumothorax.
Yeah, don’t get me wrong, I get that 100%. However, the attitude now from him seems to be all the clubs fault, when he has played some part in it himself.

Caro talking about Jarrad Schofield's tattoos like it's an issue for his coaching aspirations shows how well and truly cooked she is.. jeezus lol

I saw this today about some crazy American neo-con hag, but it might be appropriate here too:

"If she had one decent bone in her body, her other bones would turn on it and eat it."

C'mon you knew it was coming..we don't deserve to be in the finals race.

And spare a thought for the Crows. Hard done by....again.

PORT Adelaide capitalised on a softer than expected fixture on its way to a home qualifying final, while its crosstown rival was dealt a brutal run in 2024.

Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 11.29.17 PM.png

How does this even work since everyone plays each other atleast once. The defining factor is what, location and double ups?

Edit: lol they dont account for location. Ofcourse they don't. The vic sides hardly travel. This should by default have them all in the easiest.

* The expected degree of difficulty was calculated by adding the 2023 ladder positions of the teams a club plays twice. A low total score means a club has a tougher fixture; a high total score means an easier fixture.

* The actual degree of difficulty was calculated by adding the 2024 ladder positions of the teams a club played twice. A low total score means a club has a tougher fixture; a high total score means an easier fixture.

How… ahhhh… “scientific”.

How does this even work since everyone plays each other atleast once. The defining factor is what, location and double ups?

Edit: lol they dont account for location. Ofcourse they don't. The vic sides hardly travel. This should by default have them all in the easiest.

I love how the degree of difficulty is based solely on just 5 games with no regard for the chicken/egg dynamic between winning/losing these games and the impact on ladder position in a tight season.

Meanwhile Victitlements like Collingwood finishing their season with 7/8 games at the MCG doesn’t factor into the equation at all lol.

Its dominated by mid fielders -20 mids and 1 ruck Gawn.

The Followers line not being part of the midfield has always seemed weird to me.

The 6-6-6 rule acknowledges that, though.

C'mon you knew it was coming..we don't deserve to be in the finals race.

And spare a thought for the Crows. Hard done by....again.

PORT Adelaide capitalised on a softer than expected fixture on its way to a home qualifying final, while its crosstown rival was dealt a brutal run in 2024.

View attachment 2094246

Only 26% of the entire fixture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back