Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all. I come in peace ✌️. Thought I'd share this for Port fans wanting some really cheap gear for finals seeing you helped get my team in finals 🥰

Good luck for finals.

Last edited:

Definitely Rozee will , he’ll get around a 12 or more votes, Butters and JHF more than that plus you have guys like Wines who is a past winner and will also get votes.
We’ll poll a lot of votes but we are a more even side this year.
The one good thing about all this is we are a better side for it.

I've got:
JHF & Butters - 21
Rozee - 13
Wines - 12
Houston - 9

as our leaderboard

Probably won't see many if any Brownlows out of our 3 young guns if they stick together for the next 8-10 years. They will just take too many votes off of each other.

They are normally won by players in teams that have 1 absolute standout mid and a slightly lesser support cast.

I was looking at the brownlow odds, we finished 2nd yet our best chance at it is Butters and JHF who aren't even in the top 15. Possibly top 20.

Now finishing 2nd somebody has to take our votes Connor probably isn't going to poll as well as he did which leaves Wines Butters and JHF.

Is it me or is the afl world criminally underrating our chances for someone at our club to win it.

Those votes have to go somewhere

Rozee will take 2 and 3 votes before his injury but after he returned he "might" only have a 1 vote here and there. First several games though was Rozee.

Houston will take a few votes. Same as Wines potentially in a few games.

Then it's really Butters consistently most of the season with Hornet some early, he missed 2 games early, then had a slight patch e.g. suns game. But then stepped up again and should have 3 and 2 votes.

Reckon JHF will get "close" to 20 votes and same as Butters around 20 with Rozee in the early teens.

We have an even team with guys like Butters,JHF,Wines and even your mate Rozee all having some impact throughout the year.
Guys like Daicos and Cripps would find it much harder to win playing with those sort of players around them.

Basically you need to be in a ok side that has some good plodders and be the one stand out player.
Extra advantage if you play for a Vic side and the media love you.

Hence why Oliver and Petracca always polled high as it was predominantly just them and Gawn to some extent. Same with Freo, Serong and Brayshaw although Young came hard half way through.

Most teams have a clear 1 or 2 players that get votes. Like you said, Nick gets votes because even though Pies are team effort collectively, he hadn't got much competition except De Goey when he funny enough, plays. Plus it's clear the Pies aimed to try and get Nick the votes especially the last game.

Bont is usually the stand out but has had Treloar do a lot this season so it may not be his this year either unfortunately.

Cripps... Walsh good but clearly is either injured or goes missing and doesn't stand out a lot Imo

Port having Wines (past brownlow), Butters, Rozee, Hornet and Houston makes it challenging

Rozee will take 2 and 3 votes before his injury but after he returned he "might" only have a 1 vote here and there. First several games though was Rozee.

Houston will take a few votes. Same as Wines potentially in a few games.

Then it's really Butters consistently most of the season with Hornet some early, he missed 2 games early, then had a slight patch e.g. suns game. But then stepped up again and should have 3 and 2 votes.

Reckon JHF will get "close" to 20 votes and same as Butters around 20 with Rozee in the early teens.
Yeah I can agree with the thinking, we do get screwed in brownlow counts too (Tredrea Gray Wanganeen), but the umps like JHF.

He got 15 votes? I think, last season his season to date is way ahead of that. They are willing to give JHF votes regardless of his stats.

In 16 wins if JHF averages 1.5 votes in our wins he is sitting on 24, if he averages 2 he is sitting on 32.

It now becomes in our how many times do you think JHF features in our wins I guess?

Yeah I can agree with the thinking, we do get screwed in brownlow counts too (Tredrea Gray Wanganeen), but the umps like JHF.

He got 15 votes? I think, last season his season to date is way ahead of that. They are willing to give JHF votes regardless of his stats.

In 16 wins if JHF averages 1.5 votes in our wins he is sitting on 24, if he averages 2 he is sitting on 32.

It now becomes in our how many times do you think JHF features in our wins I guess?

Maybe last season the umpires got confused and thought it was JHF everywhere but it was Bergman 😂

But, I believe Umps "remember" key moments more than just high disposals. Any player can get 30 plus disposals but aren't really key moments... both Butters and Hornet create moments that stick. Whether it's Butters bursting from the middle after tap and running through bouncing then kicking a goal or Hornet doing similar.

Daicos does the same by show casing key moments not just his disposals. Sheezel, imo doesn't do that but has high disposals. That's why I don't rate him in same category.

Cripps the same and Neale plus Bont.

So comes down to key moments and more of them for umpires to have it stick in their memory to vote

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all. I come in peace ✌️. Thought I'd share this for Port fans wanting some really cheap gear for finals seeing you helped get my team in finals 🥰

Good luck for finals.

Nah all good. Will have some of that opium though

Nice pick up for the Crows, has plenty of upside and only 31 years old.
Like Swallow he had so much potential as a youngster.

12 years is a long time in footy not to experience AFL finals and such a waste of talent.

Should have come back to SA earlier and played for Port or Crows.

At least Ablett Jnr saw the light and told tell the Suns to GAGF.

Taylor Walker signs on for 1 more year. Should’ve been moved on but they’ve had enough bad PR for the past year.

Taylor Walker signs on for 1 more year. Should’ve been moved on but they’ve had enough bad PR for the past year.

y46pnaRzTXZu.gif

Good luck for finals.

Thanks a lot mate good to see the good heart and spirit amongst the fans. I went to watch Port v Carlton early in the year when you guys ran over the top of us. I happen to sit next to a local Carlton supporter man he was obnoxious.

The fact the players association hasn't been involved says a lot too. Makes me wonder if the AFL is influenced by organized crime.
Player welfare is last on a long list headed by 'more money', 'more money', 'less work', and 'more money'

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Recent form against the other top 8 teams
BL lost 7 of our last 8 games
GWS lost 7 of our last 11 games
Carl lost 3 of our last 4 games
CATS lost 3 of our last 5 games

Outliers
Swans won 8 of our last 8 games
Dogs won 4 of our last 4 games
Hawks won 3 of our last 4 games

Probably better to just do all those teams last 10 games for better clarification otherwise its misleading.

And then wins loss since start of 2023 as its more closely in line with ports play list and theirs.

last 10

BL 3 wins 7 losses (3 wins from 5 home, 5 away lost)
GWS 4 wins 6 losses (3 wins 3 losses at home and 1 win 2 losses away)
Carlton 7 wins 3 losses (3 wins 1 loss home and 4 wins 2 losses away)
Cats 5 wins 5 losses (4 wins 2 losses home and 1 win 3 losses away)
Swans 8 wins 2 losses
Dogs 7 wins 3 losses
Hawks 6 wins 4 losses

Since 2023

BL 1 win from 3
GWS 1 win from 3
Carlton 1 win from 3
cats 2 wins from 3
Sydney 2 wins from 2
dogs 3 wins from 3
Hawks 2 wins from 2

Last edited:
I was looking at the brownlow odds, we finished 2nd yet our best chance at it is Butters and JHF who aren't even in the top 15. Possibly top 20.

Now finishing 2nd somebody has to take our votes Connor probably isn't going to poll as well as he did which leaves Wines Butters and JHF.

Is it me or is the afl world criminally underrating our chances for someone at our club to win it.

Those votes have to go somewhere

There's no rule that says the votes need to go to someone on the winning team.

For example, I can clearly see the votes for our last game being read out as

1 vote....J Sweet
2 votes... J Burgoyne
3 votes....Jaaayyyy

Amiss

There's no rule that says the votes need to go to someone on the winning team.

For example, I can clearly see the votes for our last game being read out as

1 vote....J Sweet
2 votes... J Burgoyne
3 votes....Jaaayyyy

Amiss
JHF has one big advantage over a lot of footballers, light hair.
Don’t laugh,like last year the umps see the hair but don’t know who it is half the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back