Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

C'mon you knew it was coming..we don't deserve to be in the finals race.

And spare a thought for the Crows. Hard done by....again.

PORT Adelaide capitalised on a softer than expected fixture on its way to a home qualifying final, while its crosstown rival was dealt a brutal run in 2024.

View attachment 2094246

What a crock of šŸ’©

Taylor Walker signs on for 1 more year. Shouldā€™ve been moved on but theyā€™ve had enough bad PR for the past year.

Great to see they are making the tough off field moves. Going to be a great trade and draft period for them.

Really though, so much depth in their forward line and want Lukosius as a forward as well as the 5 other first round draft picks they have in their forward line.

Stops them having an extra youngster on the list so it's fantastic.

Taylor Walker signs on for 1 more year. Shouldā€™ve been moved on but theyā€™ve had enough bad PR for the past year.
Proves time and again he is an inbred selfish prick. Another year on the bottom rungs for the franchise šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Last edited:
Seriously could only be a break glass in emergency situation.
Heā€™ll get 200k for playing a couple of AFL games and a run around in the SANFL.
Money for jam.
Shit thing about when he retires is heā€™ll be all over the media. Hopefully he sticks it out for a few more years!

Isnā€™t it glorious two Melbourne clubs exploding in Melbourne and Richmond. Getting their tanking in now for pre Tassie pics, whilst also having North stuck at the bottom.

C'mon you knew it was coming..we don't deserve to be in the finals race.

And spare a thought for the Crows. Hard done by....again.

PORT Adelaide capitalised on a softer than expected fixture on its way to a home qualifying final, while its crosstown rival was dealt a brutal run in 2024.

View attachment 2094246

It's funny how when you win games and force teams below you on the ladder, your draw looks easier.

It's funny how when you win games and force teams below you on the ladder, your draw looks easier.
In yesteryear though when we finished top 4, it really didn't feel earnt as I felt our draw was soft.

This year 100% we earnt that top 2.

The game we lost in the backend was to the flakiest team on that run and everything went wrong that day.

I keep thinking all these players wanting out at Melbourne all of a sudden has something to do with the way they handled the Petracca incident.
Even the Collingwood players that night when he came back on kept away from him, Iā€™m sure it had a big effect on his team mates also.
If I was a demon player Iā€™d be thinking these people have no clue.
If I had any thoughts about moving this would have tipped me over the edge.

I was firmly in Petraccas camp until the big crowd, big club, and Brand Petracca stuff came out. Like what? Good will evaporated and now I hope its a bloodbath for all three parties involved. šŸ„³

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was firmly in Petraccas camp until the big crowd, big club, and Brand Petracca stuff came out. Like what? Good will evaporated and now I hope its a bloodbath for all three parties involved. šŸ„³
A lot of people are saying similar and I don't get it.

If Petracca has genuinely been treated like shit by Melbourne why should he then have to accept being traded to a shit club? After all his years of service doesn't he deserve to go somewhere he will be happy?

A lot of people are saying similar and I don't get it.

If Petracca has genuinely been treated like shit by Melbourne why should he then have to accept being traded to a shit club? After all his years of service doesn't he deserve to go somewhere he will be happy?
Whats a shit club in this instance?

Itā€™s funny listening to Sen Vic today, the blow up with Melbourne is great. Keep it going

Have you ever heard Petracca or anyone connected to Petracca say 'brand Petracca'?

You've been propaganda'ed my friend. The only people using that phrase are people who have a vested interest in Melbourne looking good and Petracca looking selfish.

Have you ever heard Petracca or anyone connected to Petracca say 'brand Petracca'?

You've been propaganda'ed my friend. The only people using that phrase are people who have a vested interest in Melbourne looking good and Petracca looking selfish.
I do not doubt that Melbourne has leaked that out to its media allies, and I do not doubt Melbourne will (and should) burn because of it. However, if Melbourne is so terrible, then Christian should have zero qualms about going to any Vic-based club that can afford him.

There's a fine line between "mistakes" and wilful negligence or medical malpractice

I think goodstuff Goody tanked the culture there regardless

Yep, he was in obvious agony, trying to mark while protecting his injured side. It was awful to watch.

Richmond's little exodus is actually timed pretty well, cash the chips before Tassie get every star kid in the country. Rioli and Bolton are toppings players, classy but they won't get you through a rebuild.
Using their ex coach at a club stacked with picks (that they have also harvested in the past) to fund it.

Corrupt as shit!

Have you realised yet nobody gives two shits about Port. Mid-table and pulling in some cash is where the AFL want us.

They donā€™t want us coming close to a flag.

For the first time in a long time I can see in the team a willingness to fight hard and scrap, led by JHF and Butters, also Sweet.

If we snag it this year with the outs all
They will talk about is getting players to Carltonā€¦.

20 years ago, a Port Adelaide team that had won three minor premierships in-a-row and more games than any other club since entering the comp, suffered a host of injuries to first teamers throughout the year beyond Primus and Francouā€™s ACLā€™s atop losing Nick Stevens for nothing in the summer, had both gold star All-Australian CHB/CHF slots and the best player in the competition, and emphatically ended Brisbaneā€™s GOAT-dynasty to cap a 20-win season:

ā€œLuckyā€
ā€œMCG Ruleā€
ā€œLions had injuriesā€
ā€œSaints had injuriesā€

Literally one of the greatest individual seasons from a club in the history of the comp, and immediately written off with imagined asterisks from all and sundry lol.

I do not doubt that Melbourne has leaked that out to its media allies, and I do not doubt Melbourne will (and should) burn because of it. However, if Melbourne is so terrible, then Christian should have zero qualms about going to any Vic-based club that can afford him.
Why shouldn't he get to go where he wants?

Hes paid his dues to Melbourne and seemingly not had it reciprocated.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Melbourne are on the way down anyway.
Long term itā€™s better for them to get some rebuilding done before Tassie come in.
Your going to see more player movement than ever now teams are running out of time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back