Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny how both coaches were shown on screen being involved, vocal and doing what coaches are actually meant to do then there's Ken on the bench in our games swiging on a coke zero thinking of where he's gonna travel this off season

Toby Greene and daniels had there worst games of the season in the same game was very costly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before the game at the Gabba starts gotta say how impressive Nick Watson was last night.

I thought taking a 170cm small forward -mid with pick 5 was a mistake.

Watching him last night I thought he reminds of someone from 20-÷30 years ago but couldnt think who.

I reckon Brad Johnston on SEN before the QF preview started, in the words of Tubby Taylor at the Diving, nailed it, when he said he thinks he is a Brent Harvey clone.

Harvey started as a smart little forward, blistering pace then became a great midfielder using his smarts and speed to beat the bigger mids.

Harvey cut Port up for 20 years. I dont know if Nixon will last that long, but I reckon he will cut us up like Harvey did, this Friday night.

On another note is that the third final between the Sydney teams? How crap is football in South Australia eh managed 1 final between the two home town lightweights in a footy heartland in the best part of 30 years lol
In fairness it would help if we or the Crows could draft every gun South Australian junior for a bunch of third and fourth rounders like they can.

Last edited:
Before the game at the Gabba starts gotta say how impressive Nick Watson was last night.

I thought taking a 170cm small forward -mid with pick 5 was a mistake.

Watching him last night I thought he reminds of someone from 20-÷30 years ago but couldnt think who.

I reckon Brad Johnston on SEN before the QF preview started, in the words of Tubby Taylor at the Diving, nailed it, when he said he thinks he is a Brent Harvey clone.

Harvey started as a smart little forward, blistering pace then became a great midfielder using his smarts and speed to beat the bigger mids.

Harvey cut Port up for 20 years. I dont know if Nixon will last that long, but I reckon he will cut us up like Harvey did, this Friday night.
Arguably best on ground last year against the Pord Adelaide Magpies, playing off half back.

On another note is that the third final between the Sydney teams? How crap is football in South Australia eh managed 1 final between the two home town lightweights in a footy heartland in the best part of 30 years lol

Imagine how different history might look if the 2002 Prelims went the other way.

Hard to believe it was that close a possibility given the state of play over the past umpteen years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back