Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusty looked completely cooked this year. Maybe he will come back refreshed, but I wonder if he will be of any great value to them.

Richmond fans complaining about it... he's out of contract, an unrestricted free agent and is likely to be playing for minimum chips so they wouldn't get any compo anyway.

When Wayne Phillis retired from Glenelg, the club gave him a lap of honour around Bay Oval for him and people threw money, like an olden days boxing bout.

A few weeks later he came out of retirement and signed with Norwood. Bay supporters wrote into the Sunday Footy Show and complained about how they threw money for him and then he does the dirty on them. His response was I have a bucket full of 20c pieces at home, if you want it back so bad, come and get your 20c piece.

When Wayne Phillis retired from Glenelg, the club gave him a lap of honour around Bay Oval for him and people threw money, like an olden days boxing bout.

A few weeks later he came out of retirement and signed with Norwood. Bay supporters wrote into the Sunday Footy Show and complained about how they threw money for him and then he does the dirty on them. His response was I have a bucket full of 20c pieces at home, if you want it back so bad, come and get your 20c piece.
I also heard that there were a number of leopard skin jackets also thrown.

Injury-prone forward Jack Martin is among five Blues to be delisted by the club after a failed finals campaign. He joins David Cuningham, Caleb Marchbank, Alex Mirkov and Dom Akuei as the five players in Carlton’s initial bout of list changes.
After reading "injury prone forward" I spat out my coffee when the next words weren't Orazio Fantasia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That could be turned into a good yarn at one of those 'player's nights' that the likes of Warrick Capper and Fevola, etc do at suburban and bush league footy clubs:

"They threw me a testimonial match and I made $500.20"

"Who was the miserable bugger that donated the 20 cents?"

"All of them!"

Torn between who I want to win tonight.

If Brisbane win: 4 teams from 4 different states in the prelims.
If Giants win: Kinga gets a prelim

Who is most likely to beat Geelong?

View attachment 2110365

View attachment 2110368
GWS for me are more likely to beat Geelong.
In saying that if we got past Sydney I’d rather play Geelong in the GF.
Yeah sounds stupid after last week but I just think we can beat them in Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back