Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Joe Daniher is a different cat. Can lose you a game with shithouse goal and field kicking and doing dumb shit, or can win it with great marking and goal kicking.

That shot he had for goal on the boundary was classic Daniher. A bloody tough shot for goal for a left footer and in the words of Tubby Taylor at the Olympic Diving, he - NAILED IT!

Then the mark and goal from 30 metres out and 45 degrees, kick went dead straight.

He lives in NSW on a farm in between Nimbin and Byron Bay, drives 2 hours to training, a couple of times a week, but does have a flat in Brisbane wherr he crashes at for a few days a week.

When he played for Essendon he lived in Zak Butters country, Dalesford, over an hours drive to training.

I was but that enthused to watch footy last night, went to bed when they were up by 40 odd points, what happened!

Nuts.

Look, to be brutally honest, for us to be in the final four that includes Geelong, Brisbane, and Sydney, is an achievement in and of itself.

Yes, we've still got a job to do and if we fail from here then questions need to be asked, and certain #sackhinkleys need to be held accountable, but we're in with a strong chance of making it through to the GF.

I'm bullish, but also wary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling that it will be a Sydney v Geelong GF. How original.

As much as I want Port to win, this competition is way to predictable

Will have to go back and look at your weekly predictions to see if this is true.

I completely wrote off Port this week and was absolutely surprised at the result.
Likewise, I don't think anyone saw Brisbane coming from 44 points down for the win.

It's actually anything but predictable at the moment.

Will have to go back and look at your weekly predictions to see if this is true.

I completely wrote off Port this week and was absolutely surprised at the result.
Likewise, I don't think anyone saw Brisbane coming from 44 points down for the win.

It's actually anything but predictable at the moment.

Will be certainly cheering for Port and definitely want them to win.

Sydney will be a tough ask, out of the teams left, they are probably the better option to play in a preliminary final.

I just hope the semi-final Port team rocks up at the SCG this week.

Yes, great clutch kicks and sorry to keep harping on about it.

But how Daniher got to have that first kick at goal from the sideline in the first place is an important part of the context.

Edit: BTW Heard this morning that it's been 102 years (1922) since both AFL/VFL semi-finals were decided by a kick.

Last edited:
Look, to be brutally honest, for us to be in the final four that includes Geelong, Brisbane, and Sydney, is an achievement in and of itself.

Yes, we've still got a job to do and if we fail from here then questions need to be asked, and certain #sackhinkleys need to be held accountable, but we're in with a strong chance of making it through to the GF.

I'm bullish, but also wary.

So you're having an each way bet!

Yeah who knows man, I mean we had no right to beat the Hawks, we need to take our chances this week and we need the same intensity, from there anything can happen.

Will be certainly cheering for Port and definitely want them to win.

Sydney will be a tough ask, out of the teams left, they are probably the better option to play in a preliminary final.

I just hope the semi-final Port team rocks up at the SCG this week.

I reckon we will be riding high after Friday and playing away is a great thing. Get on the road to a non Vic club is actually a good thing.

We upset the VFL on Friday.

I was sure we would lose to the Hawks, but here we are. I think one thing in our favour is that last Friday night’s game wasn’t really a one-off for us, it was really a return to the way we played for several weeks before the Geelong debacle.

With Taberner (125 games) and Ethan Hughes (107 games) retiring, it's a good reminder that Fremantle has the worst collection of 100 game players in the AFL

Notable members include Clancee Pearce, Cam Sutcliffe, Tendai Mzungu and Lee Spurr

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back