Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Do St Kilda have it built into their club charter that their aim is to finish 6th to 12th every season? Year after year it's pointless top up after pointless top up.

While falling short each time, there was a period of time when St Kilda was pretty competitive or even close to a premiership every 5-7 years:

• mid 2000s
  • late 2000s

Since then, they’ve been completely aimless.

Hayden Skipworth? There's one from left field

Hayden Skipworth? There's one from left field

Good lord. That’s more in-keeping with one of those appointments from the 1990’s while we rolled on with Jack.

“West Adelaide are pleased to announce!…”

Uh… ok.

How’s the AFL, so concerned about poor ratings from only 1 Vic team left in the final four, they’ve pulled McAvaney out of retirement to try and boost ratings. Maybe don’t have such a shit roster of commentators to begin with hey
That is 7 not the AFL. Bruce is only hosting the finals coverage.

7 know they have done a shithouse job with the hosting. Bruce did the athletics for ABC Radio and did his usual great job and I reckon 7 have panicked a bit because next year Fox Footy get their own commentators at every game.

Plus 7 Melbourne boss / Head of Sport, Lewis Martin was sacked in June when 150 employees mainly in Sydney and Melbourne were sacked and he had a big say in which games 7 will broadcast nationally ie rate well in Melbourne.

That is 7 not the AFL. Bruce is only hosting the finals coverage.

7 know they have done a shithouse job with the hosting. Bruce did the athletics for ABC Radio and did his usual great job and I reckon 7 have panicked a bit because next year Fox Footy get their own commentators at every game.

Plus 7 Melbourne boss / Head of Sport, Lewis Martin was sacked in June when 150 employees mainly in Sydney and Melbourne were sacked and he had a big say in which games 7 will broadcast nationally ie rate well in Melbourne.
Don't the AFL get a percentage cut of ad revenue which is based on viewership numbers? I mean sure, 7 would want it as well for their product, but figure it seems more fitting of the typically twitchy AFL where something may threaten their consistent Vic-based model.

I don't follow the media stuff that closely though, so you may be right.

Don't the AFL get a percentage cut of ad revenue which is based on viewership numbers? I mean sure, 7 would want it as well for their product, but figure it seems more fitting of the typically twitchy AFL where something may threaten their consistent Vic-based model.

I don't follow the media stuff that closely though, so you may be right.
No. They get what is negotiated for the rights during the TV deal period.

The advertising you are thinking of, probably is the contra value in every deal, ie both broadcasters agree to do advertising for the AFL that is worth $X mil per year in every deal, as part of the total package.

This is about 7 knowing they have to lift their game, not the AFL.

No. They get what is negotiated for the rights during the TV deal period.

The advertising you are thinking of, probably is the contra value in every deal, ie both broadcasters agree to do advertising for the AFL that is worth $X mil per year in every deal, as part of the total package.

This is about 7 knowing they have to lift their game, not the AFL.
Ah ok fair enough

Friday night is the most shocking tv experience I’ve ever endured.
People turning the sound down or listening on the radio while watching.
Channel 7 must know this, they need to throw the trash out and understand it’s a national audience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I am the biggest curse going around. I hope that by 'abandoning' Port it (we?) can go on and win the flag. God it was satisfying seeing those entitled Hawthorn flogs sook post game.

ps. Guess who is attending this Friday's game :$

Friday night is the most shocking tv experience I’ve ever endured.
People turning the sound down or listening on the radio while watching.
Channel 7 must know this, they need to throw the trash out and understand it’s a national audience.

Not sure it would bother Chn 7 if people don't list to their commentary whilst still watching their coverage on the TV... still gives them the numbers they are after???

The traitor returns

Traitor? Perhaps, perhaps not. Fickle, yes, certainly. Mentally exhausted, absolutely.

I supported and will continue to support the least offensive alternative in the area I live coached by a great Port man. I will always be Port, just want Koch and Hinkley sacked. Can't believe Koch endorsed Hinkley for 2025 already, he will never learn, he is not fit to be a club chairman.

I will be in the Bill O'Reilly, will send you a wave and blow you a kiss, or maybe wave my arms like an aeroplane (I loved it).

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back