Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

The song 'Up there Cazaly' has been a Grand Final staple since 1979 when it was composed by Mike Brady as the theme song for Channel Seven's coverage of the Victorian Football League.

Brady has finally settled (for a relatively small royalty payment) with the UK Derby Football Club who stole his tune and replaced the words with their own to create the 'Steve Bloomer's Watching' song. The stolen anthem has been the official club anthem of Derby County Football Club since Boxing Day 1997, where the finished version of the song was played for the first time before the league game against Newcastle United. Derby won the game 1-0. The original version of the song was first played before the Manchester United home game in October of that same season.

The song 'Up there Cazaly' has been a Grand Final staple since 1979 when it was composed by Mike Brady as the theme song for Channel Seven's coverage of the Victorian Football League.

Brady has finally settled (for a relatively small royalty payment) with the UK Derby Football Club who stole his tune and replaced the words with their own to create the 'Steve Bloomer's Watching' song. The stolen anthem has been the official club anthem of Derby County Football Club since Boxing Day 1997, where the finished version of the song was played for the first time before the league game against Newcastle United. Derby won the game 1-0. The original version of the song was first played before the Manchester United home game in October of that same season.

lol the gall... "original writer unknown". Should take them to the cleaners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not a hamstring awareness bye then? I’m obviously being facetious but an injury is an injury. The more rules and exceptions are made the more f-ups and inequities we will see from the AFL.
Only really because it’s a break enforced by the rules. You could do something dumb (like Hinkley and Rozee) and play the next week after hamstring awareness and the afl would take no steps to stop you.

GX9i6-3aUAEwvzf

After last night I’m glad footy is almost over, am looking forward to the 6 month break as watching the game has lost a lot of enjoyment.
The trade and draft stuff is fun and entertaining but a break from the game day is very welcome for me.
I’m sure in 6 months time I’ll feel ready and eager for the season to start.
As it stands right now bring on the summer and the cricket.

I want Brisbane to win it the thought Geelong or Sydney winning the flag is nauseating.

I fear it will come from the two clubs with the best coaches & assorted leg ups though.. equalisation lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back