Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing that passes me off is Port show glimpses of playing the style of game Brisbane were playing throughout the year, gut running through the midfield and defensive presdure, but reverted to hinkleyball when push came to shove.
Their list is vastly superior.

Full of admiration for Brisbane. Three very good finals wins. Compare their last three weeks to ours. They had a shitload of injuries all year and still have produced this.

And y'know, before the game I heard Dayne Zorko refer to Fagan as a father figure to the players.

So maybe that's not an issue if your coach knows what he's doing?

Oprah Winfrey Judging You GIF

We just don’t have the list.

As Ryan Lester, Noah Answerth and Darcy Wilmot play out of their skins to support the blue chip midfield.

Crazy.
We have rarely “won” trades except perhaps for Rioli and Aliir. We always pay fair price (eg JHF) or over-the-top (Ratugolea, Watts, Soldo) and conversely don’t push hard enough to get fair deals for our players who want out. It’s left us with no depth as we’ve pissed away good draft picks and then used mid-late picks fairly unsuccessfully. We’ve also lucked out on NGAs not being very good and only one recent FS meeting or exceeding expectation (Burgoyne).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that passes me off is Port show glimpses of playing the style of game Brisbane were playing throughout the year, gut running through the midfield and defensive presdure, but reverted to hinkleyball when push came to shove.
Brisbane have a lot more talent as well, they have just stormed over a side who nearly beat us by 20 goals a fortnight ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back