Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:

Nothing they said about us losing Shultz was untrue at the time. What should be talked about now is the 'genius' that talked them into giving up their future 1st knowing what the 'stats' said about his importance to us and not giving a crap about how that would translate to the Pies.

This is what Walls said in that Code Sports article a few weeks back about knocking back Collingwood’s 2023 first puck for Shultz and taking their future first instead….. "We could've taken Collingwood's first pick for Lachie. But we weren't 100 per cent comfortable with the draft and where our
order was. We'd identified Cooper Simpson as a player that we really wanted. Had we had pick 19, we probably would've picked him there. But we knew that we could get him later in the draft in the 30s so we were happy to say 'Nah we'll probably end up picking the same player!'…..so they took the future first instead, ballsy performance!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is what Walls said in that Code Sports article a few weeks back about knocking back Collingwood’s 2023 first puck for Shultz and taking their future first instead….. "We could've taken Collingwood's first pick for Lachie. But we weren't 100 per cent comfortable with the draft and where our
order was. We'd identified Cooper Simpson as a player that we really wanted. Had we had pick 19, we probably would've picked him there. But we knew that we could get him later in the draft in the 30s so we were happy to say 'Nah we'll probably end up picking the same player!'…..so they took the future first instead, ballsy performance!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I guess it is easy in hindsight to say considering it panned out OK to get Coops. Didnt we jump up the order a few spots in front of someone on draft night to get him?

Collingwood pick up to 6.
Port pick at 10.
St Kilda bottom 4. Living the dream.

Hawks vs Collingwood is massive this week. If Collingwood loose, then finals are gone and Hawks should finish above them.

View attachment 2050586
I'm hearing whispers that the top 10 this year is looking like a superdraft and they are all amazing & even on talent. Two top 10 picks while playing finals is going to set us up for a long time.

I'm hearing whispers that the top 10 this year is looking like a superdraft and they are all amazing & even on talent. Two top 10 picks while playing finals is going to set us up for a long time.
Cal Twomey was asked that specific question on gettable today and he replied "it's a super depth draft", meaning not standout for the top 5 or 10 picks, but standout for the quality all the way to pick 40 or so.

Cal Twomey was asked that specific question on gettable today and he replied "it's a super depth draft", meaning not standout for the top 5 or 10 picks, but standout for the quality all the way to pick 40 or so.
He said roughly pick 40 this year, could be pick 20 in another year.

So a good year to hold multiple picks

I think the top 10 is very even though so a pick 6 or 9 might be a teams 1st preference and they are willing to part with multiple future picks to get their favorite.

To me, these are the drafts that stand out though when you have a lot of AFL grade players come out of it. They can't all be top 100 players in the league but if they become a solid player who is picked every week then it's a win.

Good. We're shit at that.

Get under that radar, motherhumper.

BTW this idea of this year being our mock exams prior to the real deal next year has reminded me of my TAE physics mock exam, when Mr Kemp asked the assembled students if they had any questions prior to starting and Slinky Witham raised his hand and asked if we were allowed to masturbate.

Presumably his preferred method for dealing with nerves. Or maybe something he always wanted permission for. Either way, a tad unexpected.
Is Slinky in jail again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's ****ing go Hawks... and Tigers I guess. Maybe they can bank on Port kicking 4.15 to their 7.0 or something.
I never thought of it like that. Dropping that one against the Hawks might be worth 2 spots on our Collingwood & Port picks. If we can pull our finger out and take the next step, we can still get 2nd without it and have the confidence heading into finals as well.

Need teams in the 8 to win enough to hold port and Collingwood out. Would enjoy essendon to keep their spot because they will be a good matchup come finals.

Just need Port and Pies to keep not winning, let Adelaide win enough to jump them both too.

Pick #5 and pick #6

And if you remember that cost Schultz and 2x 2nd round picks then offering them to Sydney for Warner is not as bad as it looks.

Hell yeah
I mentioned it last week and some with more lyrical nouce than me was going to re-write the lyrics.

Someone did pur something up about loving Wallsy, come join the death ride
One does have multiple lyrical choices on the deathride theme.

First the Deathride songs:

Then the Deathride bands:

And finally the Deathride memories from my younger days:

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back