Game Day Port v Melbourne Round 18 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I grow increasingly convinced that while Ken is a good coach in many respects, he simply isn't any good when it comes to handling our tactics, structures & the gameplan. Methinks we will need to find ourselves at least a new assistant coach over the off-season, hopefully someone who is a past coach with a proven record, to handle the tactics, because ken has no f****n clue if you ask me. Let Ken rev everyone up, and keep him the f**k away from the whiteboard.

You guys got EXTREMELY lucky! Thank the Umpires for that game!.

No Offence, but the umpires had a good game, there was only on couple decisions with regards to holding to ball which went either way on the day. I can recall previous games where we were on the end of some bad decisions which costs us games also.

Extremely lucky...yes, but not due to umpires, more Schulz being dead eye dick when it counted.....and Westhoff standing tall and keeping his nerve at the end of the game to take a strong winning mark.

Ugly win, but it could have been a lot worse if we didn't relinquish a 25point lead in the second qtr.

You played well defensively and took your opportunities, however ours endeavour to win that game for Dom came through in the end. If it was any other game, you win.

I just watched the replay of Chad's free. Lynch and Johnson have shit for brains. Apparently it's ok to make head contact with a player if you make contact with the ball first.

It was clearly a free! w***ers!

I grow increasingly convinced that while Ken is a good coach in many respects, he simply isn't any good when it comes to handling our tactics, structures & the gameplan. Methinks we will need to find ourselves at least a new assistant coach over the off-season, hopefully someone who is a past coach with a proven record, to handle the tactics, because ken has no f****n clue if you ask me. Let him do the talking, and keep him the f**k away from the whiteboard.
Yes I reckon most of us have been left wondering a bit at times , with Carlisle's and Trengroves injuries the non selection of Butch is a strange one , seeing we have plenty of short arses that could be candidates for getting a run at the Maggies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just watched the replay of Chad's free. Lynch and Johnson have shit for brains. Apparently it's ok to make head contact with a player if you make contact with the ball first.

It was clearly a free! w***ers!

A wins a win but gee wizz. Most on the train were as subdued as if it was a loss
Best thing about it 4pts and the bye next week. Not for the 1st time in
the last month we were killed in the centre clearances and as for our turnovers:(
Farewell Dom and thanks for the memories. We need to get crucial players back
and recruit well. Maybe I'll feel differently when I watch my recording then again not
sure I'm going to. At one stage it was 46 pts to 17 then 49pts apiece YUCK.
The final result felt like grand larceny.
Chin up lads but we've got to get a LOT better than that

PORT ADELAIDE 4.4 7.6 8.9 10.12 (72)
MELBOURNE 2.3 5.5 8.7 10.9 (69)
GOALS
Port Adelaide:
Westhoff 2, Stewart 2, Schulz 2, Pittard, Boak, Wingard, Young
Melbourne: Tyson 2, Tapscott, Vince, Pedersen, Frawley, Blease, Kennedy-Harris, Watts, Bail
BEST
Port Adelaide:
Wines, Gray, Ebert, Westhoff, Lobbe, Cornes
Melbourne: Tyson, Jones, Frawley, Jamar, Bail, Viney
More ...
http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2014/18/port-v-melb
lol @ Ebert in our best. 50%DE (28% at one stage I heard).

I never asked to be banned I said go ahead and ban me if we win.. If free speech gets you banned than that says ALOT about this board. Shame tpfp went down.

We almost lost to garbage. 8.50 odds were too good to be true. I'm more happy we won than 3 points away from 560 bucks.
Fckn lol's were had at this comment.

Got home not long ago, have not read the postings, but here are some off the top of my head observations:
We got out of jail today. Well done to Melbourne. Frustrating game to watch though.
Dom: Good last game.
Polec: Not attacking the ball - don't know why.
Hartlett: Still injured with his ankle... should have not played the last few weeks, but we would have gone down the toilet without him.
Ebert: What the? Looks exhausted from the moment he steps out on the field.
Lobbe: Jamar always monsters him. No different today. Missing decent back up though.
Gray: Played well, attitude at times stank.
We went in too short again. We are missing Trengove really badly.
We kept on stuffing our transition. We kept on getting our handballs on our run cut off. We have been worked out and need another plan to bring in during the finals.
Our skill level was terrible. Especially our kicking.

Break has come at a good time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Port v Melbourne Round 18 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back