Game Day Port v Melbourne Round 18 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a lot of talk about Jackson and I don't want to marginalise his input but there are a few players who are deadset down.

Wingard, Ebert, Polec, Lobbe, Monfries (yeah I know but he wasn't starring before the injury) and White need to lift big time.
Broadbent is another, and Jonas is struggling as he did last year when asked to play as a key defender.

Just seemed to get thrashed in centre clearances. I'd like to know how many taps to advantage we got because I don't think I saw one. Melbourne spread and cleared it out the back of the contest through Jones over and over and over again.

Trengove will help us out a lot.

There is a lot of talk about Jackson and I don't want to marginalise his input but there are a few players who are deadset down.

Wingard, Ebert, Polec, Lobbe, Monfries (yeah I know but he wasn't starring before the injury) and White need to lift big time.

Wingard had his moments today. Polec MIA. WTF is it with Ebert's disposal?

I'll take a dab win over an unlucky loss any day . The question has to asked , how in the heck has Ebert been able to hold his position ? , I think he had about 20 posetions to 3/4 time , 5 for us , and 15 for Melbourne ! , no joke him and Polac have worse defensive effort/skill than Pearce did , and that's saying something . We need a better balanced team size wise , these small quick outsider types will get you only so far , if the opposition lets you . That said Polac is the best at passing the ball in our team I reckon , but Ebert atm geesh !.

Tackled well, but was otherwise pretty poor and well beaten by Jamar in the ruck and around the ground.
statistically not so bad comparing the two. Lobbe 9 touches 35 hitouts and 10 tackles vs jamar 12 touches 47 hitouts and 1 tackle. I am not saying he won the battle but it was far from a poor performance from lobbe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our supporters can be the worst when were losing. Calling everything holding the ball, abusing our own players, booing Melbourne players when they go down hurt. I almost got my self evicted because I was so close to knocking a bloke that was abusing my mother for telling him to stop abusing the hurt Dees players.

Players and supporters need to lift their game.

Probably the worst game I've ever attended.

Our board?
You bet 60 against Port and were so confident that Port would lose that you asked to be banned if Port won.
I think you vacated any "Our" board rights.

I never asked to be banned I said go ahead and ban me if we win.. If free speech gets you banned than that says ALOT about this board. Shame tpfp went down.

We almost lost to garbage. 8.50 odds were too good to be true. I'm more happy we won than 3 points away from 560 bucks.

Wallpaper.
Maybe, but I'd back us to play well in Finals if we can sneak in. Any way we get in to the final eight is a bonus.
Trengove and Carlile back, perhaps Moore too.
All we really need other than some talls is for about nine of our players to find their early season form: Lobbe, Polec, Hartlett, Ebert, Wingard, Broadbent, Westhoff, Jonas and Monfries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Port v Melbourne Round 18 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back