Game Day Port vs Carlton, Round 20, 2024 @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, it would be so like Port to come out and win this game, no expectation.
hen wi
With 2 defenders in, we're definitely playing Ratugolea forward.

Unless one of them is sub. In which case, we'll also have gone from 4 tall forwards to 2 in a fortnight. Seems unlikely.
If Jones is the sub they are not keeping up with the Jones boys as my vote would be LBJ for sub

The longer it goes the closer we are to that win. So even in a loss its a positive.
I keep thinking we're closer to a day time loss at home, against the bottom 10, yet we're 37 or 38 and 0 in the Hinkley era.

We are incredibly consistent in our themes.

I suspect tonight will be no different. We go in thinking it's a tough competition, it's really tight and someone has to lose, and we'll lose, and then again the club will brush over the loss as acceptable as they're top 4. Just like the last 20 losses to top 4 sides away from home.

Last edited:

Yep.

Away against the top 4 our last win was Round 21, 2015. The Brandon Ahchee and Sam Gray breakout game......

Here's a breakdown:

2024: (0-?) Wont play Sydney or Bris away, Carlton is this week, If Freo hold their spot we play them in the last round.
2023: (0-3) Brisbane (48), Carlton (50) and Collingwood (71) - All 3 of our biggest losses, next 2 were to Adelaide.
2022: (0-3) Geelong (35), Melbourne (14 - TIO), Collingwood (6)
2021: (0-1) Brisbane (49)
2020: (0-2) Brisbane (37), Geelong (60)
2019: (0-3) Brisbane (17), Richmond (38), Collingwood (39)
2018: (0-3) West Coast (42), Collingwood (51), Hawks (3 - Tas)
2017: (0-3) Adelaide (84), GWS (31), Geelong (2)
2016: (0-2) Sydney (67), GWS (86)
2015: (1-2) Freo (7), Sydney (10), Hawks (22)

So since 2015, we are 0 W - 20 L - Averaging a Loss of 41.5 pts.
I remember being at a game early 2019 in the wet in Perth when you beat West Coast weren't they top 4? Year after their flag I think they were but stand to be corrected. I thought that was one of your best wins in kens time

This has Hinkley special written all over it.

I called the Geelong win earlier in the year and i'm calling this one.

Wayyyyyyy too many rumours of Hinkley to West Coast on our board as well, i'm concerned to say the least.
Its only fair that you guys have to have him. We had to take it on for 12 years its time for someone else to do some heavy lifting.

This has Hinkley special written all over it.

I called the Geelong win earlier in the year and i'm calling this one.

Wayyyyyyy too many rumours of Hinkley to West Coast on our board as well, i'm concerned to say the least.

Ken has had the opportunity to say the he will not be coaching West Coast next year and the closest thing he has come to denying it is saying he is contracted to Port Adelaide.

I'd be concerned.

Could be nobody West Coast want are overly keen and you live the sequel " Last Man Standing 2."

Ken has had the opportunity to say the he will not be coaching West Coast next year and the closest thing he has come to denying it is saying he is contracted to Port Adelaide.

I'd be concerned.

If loser Hinkley lands at West Coast, a proud winners club, the original VFLs bogeyman and a former powerhouse of the AFL i will leave the game forever and forbid my offspring from speaking on it.

Have a bad feeling we’re going to pull out a win tonight with Carlton’s outs 😔

I have the same feeling. But I like to think of it as a good feeling because I still like winning ;)

Although Carlton's outs are no more significant than ours. They just get talked up more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If loser Hinkley lands at West Coast, a proud winners club, the original VFLs bogeyman and a former powerhouse of the AFL i will leave the game forever and forbid my offspring from speaking on it.
The proud winners club has looked worse than Fitzroy of late. He'd be great for you. Got us out of trouble in 2013 / 2014 turNeD thE pLaCE ArOunD

I'd be concerned.

Could be nobody West Coast want are overly keen and you live the sequel " Last Man Standing 2."
100% it's a done deal. If it was rubbish he's the type that would have called it out, he didn't.
He'll be in their colours next year.
God help help them.

Yep.

Away against the top 4 our last win was Round 21, 2015. The Brandon Ahchee and Sam Gray breakout game......

Here's a breakdown:

2024: (0-?) Wont play Sydney or Bris away, Carlton is this week, If Freo hold their spot we play them in the last round.
2023: (0-3) Brisbane (48), Carlton (50) and Collingwood (71) - All 3 of our biggest losses, next 2 were to Adelaide.
2022: (0-3) Geelong (35), Melbourne (14 - TIO), Collingwood (6)
2021: (0-1) Brisbane (49)
2020: (0-2) Brisbane (37), Geelong (60)
2019: (0-3) Brisbane (17), Richmond (38), Collingwood (39)
2018: (0-3) West Coast (42), Collingwood (51), Hawks (3 - Tas)
2017: (0-3) Adelaide (84), GWS (31), Geelong (2)
2016: (0-2) Sydney (67), GWS (86)
2015: (1-2) Freo (7), Sydney (10), Hawks (22)

So since 2015, we are 0 W - 20 L - Averaging a Loss of 41.5 pts.
Clear proof that Ken has been coaching at the top of his game for the best part of a decade.......

You'd be immortalised in BF history as the guy that started the first of the "Sack Hinkley" threads on thw WCE board...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back