Game Day Port vs Hawks semi Final. .. I did it my way ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately we win this and our coach will enjoy his greatest ever victory️. He turns into prime Leigh Matthews whenever his job is on the line.

If we keep threatening to sack him, including if he loses a GF, we might actually win the lot.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t know why but quietly confident. Perhaps it’s all the rubbish coming from out of Melbourne about how good the Hawks are? Let’s catch them early and knock the confidence out of them.
Also I’m working on the “monkey with a typewriter” theory regarding Charlie. The monkey will eventually type a correct word!!!!!
That's the only way I see us winning really is dominating the midfield and whacking them early, if they are in the game getting easy over the back goals early we are fukced.

Need to play our best footy
It’s that simple
Win, lose or draw I don’t care
I just want to see us play good footy in a final or the chokers tag will stick long and hard

I had some bets earlier in the week, based on the Qual loser being under-rated relative to Elim winner.

But you lot have completely dented my confidence. Seems like the best chance you believe you have of winning is if Hinkley is sacked pre-match?

The guy who got you to finish second on the ladder. Lord what I wouldn't give to finish 2nd on the ladder and go out in straight sets.

Have a feeling Butters won't play. Port will lose. Ken will ring Kochy and say "youse all know we would've won if we had our 2 AA players for the finals". Kochy gets board numbers and veto's the footy committee's 7-year late recommendation to sack the coach. Ken Hinkley FC lives on. The nightmare continues...
Put your house on that.

f*ck these hokball flogs, sick of their arrogance, I'm doubling down on this, we'll win tonight and I hope our supporters rub it in their faces. I refuse to believe we'll play two sh*t games in a row, hopefully they have some pride in their performance and come out firing.
You've momentarily forgotten who our coach is.

Really don’t see how we win this. Hokball is fast and furious, exactly what our weakness is. Really need our midfield to show up but after last week I just don’t have any faith.

4 KPFs is just stupid as well with our game style.

Hoping for a win, fully expecting a straight sets exit.

Need to play our best footy
It’s that simple
Win, lose or draw I don’t care
I just want to see us play good footy in a final or the chokers tag will stick long and hard
Pal we have had the chokers tag before we won the 04 flag.
We only lost it for 3 years and regained it in 07.
17 years and still going strong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really don’t see how we win this. Hokball is fast and furious, exactly what our weakness is. Really need our midfield to show up but after last week I just don’t have any faith.

4 KPFs is just stupid as well with our game style.

Hoping for a win, fully expecting a straight sets exit.
While o agree with the pace of the hawks being a problem, i actually think that going tall is our best chance, because the smalls that would be playing in place of them are average too. Small chance, but if we can win the ball at clearance, get it forward and actually take a mark against their undersize defence we could be in it. If the ball comes to ground they are as much chance of walking it out if we have Marshall or mcentee down there.

I had some bets earlier in the week, based on the Qual loser being under-rated relative to Elim winner.

But you lot have completely dented my confidence. Seems like the best chance you believe you have of winning is if Hinkley is sacked pre-match?

The guy who got you to finish second on the ladder. Lord what I wouldn't give to finish 2nd on the ladder and go out in straight sets.
It gets exhausting after a decade

While o agree with the pace of the hawks being a problem, i actually think that going tall is our best chance, because the smalls that would be playing in place of them are average too. Small chance, but if we can win the ball at clearance, get it forward and actually take a mark against their undersize defence we could be in it. If the ball comes to ground they are as much chance of walking it out if we have Marshall or mcentee down there.
We need to protect the tall marker as best we can without block frees.

I think the Port mids had a bad day, but can turn it around. Through I did expect them to give the cats mids a good spanking last week, Dangerfield and Holmes turned it around. Newcombe isn't dangerfield.

But looking at the outs that Port has from earlier in the season, I can see why none of you are confident. Evans, Ratugolea and Narkle couldn't get a game at Geelong but turned up to try to beat the Cats in a Qualifying final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back