Port vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the club, but I think I actually hate our current playing group. In my mind the playing group is similar to when the boss hires his son to work for his company and then lets the son get away with doing f*ck all work for 2 years while we all struggle on powerless to do anything to change the situation.

To be quite honest, I don't really give a flying fig about winning or losing, obviously winning is the preferred option, but I am having serious issues with getting excited about watching our games and no it's not just from this year. Bit like those food intolerances where once or twice is fine, but a constant diet year in year out is not on.
People not enjoying going to AAMI to watch this crap? I personally cannot hold it against them.

Fair enough, I can udnerstand both sides of the equation.

Thing is, some ppl wouldn't bother to turn up regardless of genuine effort (not that we can say we've given 100% in our losses), and only wanna see win win win.

Some of our best players gone missing in this game for too long which cost us the game.

I just cant understand why it takes the last ten minutes of the game for our players to suddenly realise that we need to actually put in an effort to win.

I love the club, but I think I actually hate our current playing group. In my mind the playing group is similar to when the boss hires his son to work for his company and then lets the son get away with doing f*ck all work for 2 years while we all struggle on powerless to do anything to change the situation.

I reckon youve hit the nail on the head. Nepotism, cronyism, favouritism. Port are the most unprofessional club in the afl. Chocco has placed his friendship with individuals ahead of the club and its supporters (notice chocco went out with lunch with carr and a select group the day his coaching appointment was announced). Seriously players like chad, carr, lade and peter must be laughing thier heads off at the stupid old idiot. They dont even bother putting in, they just stay mates with him and they get a game.
A mate of mine who played junior footy at the club said there were strong divisions amongst the playing group because of choccos little game of teachers pet. Apparently a core of players were very angry that little hopeless black guy got off the rookie list because he was last in line for that honour.
I played in a cricket club once and the captain would get his good old mates to open the bowling and all the top batting spots on the team were filled with his other mates. If you didnt kiss his ass you wouldnt play. Pretty soon all the young talent got frustrated and moved up the road. We are seeing the same at port now.

I thought that people who said "chocco will kill the club" were being melodramatic, now Im not so sure.

The only way I can send a message to the club is by not attending and not buying membership tickets next season. If nothing changes I will be voting with my feet (like thousands have already done).

The Port Adelaide Football Club Board are the ones that are killing our club, to appoint Williams for another 2 years is going to see us sink so low that next poor bugger to coach us will need to be Harry Houdini to turn things around.

I reckon youve hit the nail on the head. Nepotism, cronyism, favouritism. Port are the most unprofessional club in the afl. Chocco has placed his friendship with individuals ahead of the club and its supporters (notice chocco went out with lunch with carr and a select group the day his coaching appointment was announced). Seriously players like chad, carr, lade and peter must be laughing thier heads off at the stupid old idiot. They dont even bother putting in, they just stay mates with him and they get a game.
A mate of mine who played junior footy at the club said there were strong divisions amongst the playing group because of choccos little game of teachers pet. Apparently a core of players were very angry that little hopeless black guy got off the rookie list because he was last in line for that honour.
I played in a cricket club once and the captain would get his good old mates to open the bowling and all the top batting spots on the team were filled with his other mates. If you didnt kiss his ass you wouldnt play. Pretty soon all the young talent got frustrated and moved up the road. We are seeing the same at port now.

I thought that people who said "chocco will kill the club" were being melodramatic, now Im not so sure.

Sound Observation i think this has been visible for some time people have expressed it as "GOLD PASSES" not just from within the local scene but far and wide:mad:

Seriously players like chad, carr, lade and peter must be laughing thier heads off at the stupid old idiot. They dont even bother putting in, they just stay mates with him and they get a game.

Mate, whether you rate the highlighted two as AFL players or not you can't say that they don't put in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Port vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back