Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol a crom fan talking about history is pretty embarrassing. Port Adelaide football club was founded in 1870. Facts don't care about your feelings.
Half of the Port Power team are from other SANFL clubs, same with the Crows, I guess you could call it the blue collar versus the white collar, I think that stirs up some emotions during a showdown.

Port Adelaide have a jingle tune before their games commence “never tear us apart “ which sounds inappropriate for a team like Ports, also the prison bars are a way the administration and entrepreneurs like David Koch can make money out of suckers who part with their hard earned cash, Koch a business man knows all the tricks in the book to make money and doesn’t even live in Adelaide, Ports need to go back to their old ways (Fos Williams) not the way David Koch wants the club to run.
How can someone be so wrong and yet so right, simultaneously?

I had a thread about the Vic dominance of the comp over the last 14 years and the need for an AFL investigation moved, yet this s**t stays on the main board.

Its an up yours to the SANFL.
When Port entered the AFL, Port wanted to move the whole club into the AFL. The SANFL, scared of losing its biggest drawcard made Port maintain a team in the SANFL. But they also forbid the Port Magpies having anything to do with the Power. A new entity was created, at great cost to Port called the Port Adelaide Magpies Foitball club, shunted off the an Amateur League Oval, but still retaining all the old Port Adelaide symbolism, guernsey, Magpies moniker, club song etc. It fractured the supporter base and caused our detractors, of which there are many, to question who was the "Real" Port.

The clubs were "reunited", lead by some club legends a decade ago at the clubs nadir, and undoubtedly the club has been much stronger since.

So in a nutshell, the vindictive campaigners at the SANFL tore the club apart in 1997 Which severely weakened usand that was rectified in 2010. That is what it means. Kapish?
Money spoils everything, no more big crowds at local games, just one game to choose, the AFL , Crows or Port, take your pick, the good old days are gone, too many entrepreneurs spoiling the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back