Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rowe just said
I had some hope for that trade...

1303-and-itsgone.jpg

I reckon there's a lot of substance to the upgrading of our first rounder #13. Hence the speed of the Danger deal. Just my opinion.

As Noble said on Trade Radio it means it gives the List Management and Recruiting team more time to sit back and really assess what players are likely available around that time for drafting and also provides clarity on where we stand early on.

To me it also shows the other clubs what value we have and not just talk about if we get pick such and such from this club we could then maybe use for this player or that player or pick swap.

Rowe just said there's a rumour Adelaide will trade 13 and 28 for pick 5. Pick 5 and 9 would be awesome after finishing 5th and losing danger.
After not having a pick in the 10 for years to have 2 in 1 year that would be great. Can't see it happening but 13 is more appropriate for Carslile.

So can anyone tell me if Darren Jarmans boy is even close to nominating in the draft or is he just not good enough?

Podcast with Skippos a couple of weeks ago we talked about Ben. He is still quite small and Skippos is of the opinion that he needs to do more to really be considered. He won't be eligible until next year anyway for the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who heard Nobes on 5AA would probably reach the same conclusion as me that Anderson is not even on our radar. Yarran sounded more likely and that is even unlikely.
Or maybe he's playing his cards close to his chest and not mentioning the guys we're heavily in to.

AA Bicks Mail on trading of picks:

13 & 28 for 5 to St Kilda - chasing Darcy Parish in the draft...But he is from Geelong Falcons!! And other player Aaron Francis.

If we can get 5 and 9... I would sing and I would dance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But Does this mean there is No BIG fish? If we:
1: intend to upgrade our picks and
2. Draft Francis or Parish

Or does the BIG fish require just pick 9 and "Steak knives"?

depends if st kilda rank carlisle of higher importance. they do have a fair few quality kids coming through, but probably desperately need carlisle too down back.

It's not like they need more young players. If they can get Carlisle it's a replacement on Fisher and they already have McCartin as a replacement for Riewoldt.

First chance to comment on the trade, probably as good as could be expected and I'm glad that we've come away from the deal with at least some value and more than what the AFL offers us. Doesn't make it any easier though to stomach that we're losing a top 5 playing in the AFL, in his prime for well under his true worth. Its now up to Reid/Noble and Ogilvy to make the most of pick 9 and pick 28 as best they can.

I must say that interview with Noble was a little deflating and disappointing. To sort of say that we'll grab Hampton and aim to keep our picks in the draft... I'm not sure I agree with that, kind of saying that we're lacking in the 21-22 year old bracket as justification. Our window is the next 4-5 years, we need to stop piss farting around bringing in talented 18 year olds each year, always looking 3-4 years ahead, never actually making the conscious decision to actually go for a premiership.

Everything we've done with regards to trading/free agency for a number of years has been rear-guard action/reactionary kind of stuff. Our best trade period was still off of the back of Davis and Gunston leaving, Betts was obtained through FA from the money left free from Kurt the year before and even then there should have been ample salary left over, yet we haven't obtained any other big names.

Quite frankly, I think we owe it to the likes of Walker, Sloane, Jacobs, Douglas, Betts to actually go all in at some point, instead of saying to them, here help develop Joe Blow so that in 5 years when you've retired, he might be able to help the next player, shame you won't win a premiership...

That would make rushing the Danger deal a bit odd.

This is the one part that gives me hope that we're actually working on a few deals behind the scenes, just want to keep it reasonably quiet at this stage. 2 years ago Noble came out and said he had plenty of "irons in the fire" yet delivered SFA, maybe he's learned and is down playing things until he knows he can deliver.

two things I am certain won't happen

We won't have pick 5 and we won't get Anderson from Hawthorn

the 1st is pure Rowie fantasy and the 2nd is another bigfooty rumour that got legs .
The first thing is Rowie all over but the 2nd has been reported out of the Eastern states. Doesn't mean we'll get him though but I'd be hopeful.

As for Redden and West Coast, id be disappointed if we couldn't do better than that but if we really do plan on getting another top 10 pick then it kinda makes sense.

5AA talking up Darcy Parish with pick 5 if it happens.....from Geelong Falcons.
Somebody cue Split Enz history never repeats.
Milera has to be looked at with one of our picks surely

Parish is a far, far different character to Dangerfield though, he's a real "farm/country" lad, more at home shearing or crutching sheep etc, and more likely to shun attention than go seeking it like the metrosexual Figjam leaving the building....

Pathetic we didn't/aren't going hard after Bennell.

You back yourselves and your culture to keep him happy and playing good footy.

Look at what he has produced with GC despite playing up! He is performing and elite.

It was a free hit to replace Danger and come out on top. I will still be disgusted when he wins the norm smith with Freo next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back