Post Your Team Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else pls comment on changes. suggestions for Birchall and emergencies??

1. SHAW, Heath (COL) 2. LOCKYER, Tarkyn (HAW) 3. BIRCHALL, Grant (ESS) 4. HOULI, Bachar $ (WCE) 5. NICOSKI, Mark (ESS). DEMPSEY, Courtenay (RIC) 7. RAINES, Andrew

8. COREY, Joel 9. RICHARDSON, Matthew 10. KERR, Daniel $11. COUSINS, Ben $12. SKIPWORTH, Hayden 13. RICH, Daniel

14. COX, Dean $
15. OTTENS, Brad $

16. HARVEY, Brent 17. FRANKLIN, Lance 18. DELEDIO, Brett 19. FEVOLA, Brendan 20. Miller Brad 21. YARRAN, Chris 22. SIDEBOTTOM, Steele $

Emergencies
23. ATKINSON, Jarrod 24. HILL, Stephen 25. SWIFT, Tom 26. COCKIE, Adam 27. CORDY, Ayce 28. TRENGOVE, Jackson29. ZIEBELL, Jack 30. NAHAS, Robin

Backs: Hodge, Goddard, S. Fisher, Newman, Gilbee, S. Hill, Malceski, (Hurley, Dawson)

Mids: Judd, Delidio, Higgins, Kelly, Rich, Hartlett, (J. Steven, J. Davenport)

Rucks: Cox, McIntosh, (Lobbe, Sullivan)

Forwards: N Reiwoldt, Chapman, Pavlich, Franklin, Watts, Jurrah, Zeibell, (Gumbleton, Grant)

My concerns are my reserve ruckmen, I don't know any good young blokes who will play games. Zac Dawson (he's a spud and I don't know if he'll play but he's a cheap spud).
Am I stating too many youngsters?

Over to the brains trust.

Backs: Hodge, Goddard, S. Fisher, Newman, Gilbee, S. Hill, Malceski, (Hurley, Dawson)

Forwards: N Reiwoldt, Chapman, Pavlich, Franklin, Watts, Jurrah, Zeibell, (Gumbleton, Grant)

My concerns are my reserve ruckmen, I don't know any good young blokes who will play games. Zac Dawson (he's a spud and I don't know if he'll play but he's a cheap spud).

Yes you are. I'm predicting you will be playing with 19 men most weeks.

i believe your a bit top heavy, with alot of gun players but it falls away to kids too quickly. Not sure about watts because of him doing VCE this year i dont think he'll play that many games so too much of a risk for your starting lineup. A good reserve ruckman choice would be Currie, or if you could fit him in, Ben McKinley from the saints. My reasons are with no everitt, the swans will need another 2nd ruckman and the saints have to start getting games into theirs. Hope that helps.

heres my team sure to be a few changes before round 1

Backs - Scotland, H. Shaw, C. Cornes, Adcock, Malceski, Houlihan, Maguire (Trengrove, Rance)

Mids- Judd, Pendlebury, Gibbs, Kerr, Coughlan, Rich (Dangerfield, Robinson)

Rucks - Cox, Ottens (White, Meesen)

Forwards - Pavlich, Franklin, Richardson, Fevola, Lucas, L Hansen, Yarran (Gumbleton, T Walker)

any tips on changes would be great

Whilst this squad is'nt my first draft, i've gone thru my squad about 3x now....So here goes;

BACKS - C. Newman, A. Mackie, Marty Clarke, A. Raines
X. Ellis, N. Malceski, J. Smith - (Suban, Trengrove)

MIDS - G. Ablett, L.Hodge, S. Hill
J. Selwood, B. Gibbs, B. Cousins - (Sidebottom, Dangerfeild)

RUCKS - B. Ottens, Mitch Clark - (Meesen, Currie)

FOWARDS - B. Deledio, St. Johnson, D. Thomas, S. Higgins
C. Rioli, S. Lucas, P. Veszpremi - (Walker, Gumbleton)

Saying that i'm happy with it might be just off the mark, but i still think it could do with some more refinement.....Suggestions & constructive criticisms are quite welcome.

You have spent way too much money in your backline dude.

The rest of your team is paper thin and like Para said you will be having more dounuts in there than at the local police station! :D

Goddard, C Cornes, Mackie, Adcock, Malceski, Raines, S Hill ( P Davis, S Mckernan)

Judd, Corey Pendlebury, Mitchell, Griffen, Rich ( Beams, Bail)

Ottens, Mcintosh ( J White, Trengrove)

N Reiwoldt, Pavlich, Didak, Fevola, Al Davey, Higgins, Ziebell ( Ballantyne, Gumbelton)

Thoughts, suggestions?

it would be good to hear some thoughts on my side i have posted it on this forum before but no one replied.

goddard, c.cornes, mackie, adock, ellis, malcheski, dempsey (rance, dawson)
judd(c), cross, mclean, kerr, van Berlo, rich (dangerfield, muston)
ottens, mcintosh (cordy, currie)
reiwoldt, delidio, s.johnson, roughead, lucas, higgins, reid ( thorpe, m.brown)

would love it if someone quoted

Definately worried about your reserve ruckmen and i would take watts out of your line up as well as he is doing his VCE this year and therefore probably won't play out the season. You probably need to balance out your squad with a few mid price players as well.

Hope that helps now on to my team.

This is revised from about a week ago

Backs:
S Fisher, C Newman, N Bock, C Cornes, N Malceski, A Raines & J Grimes

EMRG:
S Hill & N Suban ($3,134,900)

Mids:
C Judd, J Selwood, B Gibbs, C Knights, C Masten & D Rich

EMRG:
P Dangerfield & D Beams ($2,730,800)

Rucks:
D Cox & D Jolly

EMRG:
J White & D Currie ($1,254,900)

Forwards:
R O'Keefe, S Goodwin, A Didak, S Lucas, J Riewoldt, H Skipworth & S Sidebottom

EMRG:
T Walker & H Ballantyne ($2,834,700)

This leaves me with about $94,700 in reserves.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated :)

it would be good to hear some thoughts on my side i have posted it on this forum before but no one replied.

goddard, c.cornes, mackie, adock, ellis, malcheski, dempsey (rance, dawson)
judd(c), cross, mclean, kerr, van Berlo, rich (dangerfield, muston)
ottens, mcintosh (cordy, currie)
reiwoldt, delidio, s.johnson, roughead, lucas, higgins, reid ( thorpe, m.brown)

would love it if someone quoted

The backline is nice mate, I'd try get one more gun in there though like Newman or Fisher. The midfield is tricky, I heard somewhere that Van Berlo might be injuried for the first few rounds so you might want to look elsewhere on that account (just looked in the Adelaide forums and it is confirmed), McLean is a different choice, could come off though as you would expect him to get a lot of the ball for Melbourne. Hopefully he can come out all guns blazing after his injury last season.

Haven't gone for Cox in the rucks, that is ok you can spend the savings elsewhere. The forward line doesn't look to bad either, I have noticed you have spent a lot to get Reiwoldt and again, will he be right for round 1 I'm not 100% on that. If you took him out for another premium forward of a bit less value you would have a bit more money to upgrade possibly Johnson or Roughead, or even fix up Van Berlo in the midfield as he is out for a month.

Would you have a look at my team and tell me what you think, tis a couple of pages back. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Hodge, Goddard, S Fisher, C Cornes, J Smith, Petterd, Hill (Suban, Rance)
M: Bartel, Judd, Goodes, Hasleby, Masten, Rich (Dangerfield, Robinson)
R: Cox, McIntosh (Currie, Sullivan)
F: N Riewoldt, Harvey, Pavlich, J Riewoldt, Higgins, Skipworth, Ziebell (Yarran, Sidebottom)

F: N Riewoldt, Harvey, Pavlich, J Riewoldt, Higgins, Skipworth, Ziebell (Yarran, Sidebottom)

First problem, way to many guns. It might look good but players like Hodge, Bartel, Harvey are all overpriced imo. If you took them out, you could balance your team a lot better. Second problem is I think you have spent to much money on the forward line bench, between Yarran, Ziebell and Sidebottom you should make a choice to give one the chop for another cheap forward and use the money balancing the rest of your side. :cool:

First problem, way to many guns. It might look good but players like Hodge, Bartel, Harvey are all overpriced imo. If you took them out, you could balance your team a lot better. Second problem is I think you have spent to much money on the forward line bench, between Yarran, Ziebell and Sidebottom you should make a choice to give one the chop for another cheap forward and use the money balancing the rest of your side. :cool:

Respectfully disagree with the comments made. :cool:

One of the better teams I've seen posted on BF.

My only concerns would be Petterd and McIntosh.

J Smith? Interesting selection.

Backs: S Fisher, L Gilbee, C Cornes, J Adcock, S Stevens, N Malceski, M Hurley
(EMG: N Suban, J Petrenko)

Centers: C Judd, S Pendlebury, J Selwood, R Griffen, C Masten, D Rich
(EMG: T Swift, M Robinson)

Rucks: D Cox, H McIntosh
(EMG: D Currie, J Trengove)

Forwards: M Pavlich, B Deledio, J Brown, J Porplyzia, S Lucas, S Higgins, C Yarran
(EMG: M Brown, S Gumbleton)

$11,700 remaining. This evenings tweeking. What you think?

Biggie you seem to be the man when it comes to SC by looking at some other threads, you got anything for me. :p

pretty good you seem to have a lot of key players who shouldnt drop in price (judd, pendles, selwood etc) just a few pointers firstly with S Stevens he is a very solid defender but i dont see him increasing his scores. Another is Porplyzia he was great last year but his shoulders worry me. Not sure if Gumbleton is ready yet either and i dont think Trengrove will play much this year either but he is only your fourth ruckman so thats no biggie.

Hopefully that helps :)

BACKS: Gilbee, C. Cornes, B. Goddard, S. Fisher, A. Walker, N Malceski, A. Rains (EMG: Z. N. Suban, A. Rance)

MIDS: C. Judd, B. Gibbs, D. Cross, D. Kerr, S. Higgens,D. Rich (EMG: S. Blease, T. Swift)

RUCKS: Ottens, M. Kruezer (EMG: J. Trengrove, J. Sellar)

FWDS: B. Harvey, Pavlich, Fevola, B. Delideo, , S. Lucas, J. Zeibell, C Yarren (EMG: S. Gumbleton, M. Thorp)

Defenders: Bock, C. Cornes, Newman, Ellis, Lake, Raines, Hurn (Emer: A. Rance, M. Maguire)
Midfield: Ablet, Judd, Selwood, Gibbs, Reilly, Rich (Emer: Dangerfield, Davenport)
Rucks: Cox, Mcintosh (Emer:Leunburger, D. Putt)
Forwards: Pavlich, Deledio, Thomas, Lucas, Higgins, Sidebottom, Gumbleton, (Emer: Thorp, J. Grant)

Any thoughts?

Defenders: Bock, C. Cornes, Newman, Ellis, Lake, Raines, Hurn (Emer: A. Rance, M. Maguire)
Midfield: Ablet, Judd, Selwood, Gibbs, Reilly, Rich (Emer: Dangerfield, Davenport)
Rucks: Cox, Mcintosh (Emer:Leunburger, D. Putt)
Forwards: Pavlich, Deledio, Thomas, Lucas, Higgins, Sidebottom, Gumbleton, (Emer: Thorp, J. Grant)

Any thoughts?
Like your thinking with Hurn, am sorely tempted to get him, as he often taes kick outs, which is an added bonus for a cheap player.
Get rid of Putt, he'll get less than 5 games. Not too important, as he's the 4th string ruck, but every little bit helps...
Outside of your first two forwards and Lucas, you have an inexperienced and/or inconsistent line up. Thomas is good and guns it occasionally, but also has his off days. Same with Higgins, who's off days are more prevalent. Sidebottom, Gumby, Thorp and Grant are all good youngsters, but having four relatively unknown younsters is a bit of a risk. I don't like suggesting player X etc, but maybe take out one of your expensive midfield guns, replace him with a mid-priced gun (Kerr, Griffen, Foley etc), and then replace one of the first year players with a mid-priced forward, so as to cover your arse in case the young'uns go out of form or get dropped etc...

My team:

Goddard Gilbee P. Burgoyne
......................................Geary
Birchall McPhee Raines

Judd S. Burgoyne
......................................Hasleby
J Selwood Kerr Pearce

Maric McEvoy

Pavlich J Brown Didak
......................................Ziebell
Fevola Headland Higgins

Bench: Suban Rance
Robinson Bail
Trengove Bailey
R Tarrant Gumbleton

I've bolded my "specialty" player who I'm not trading.
Outside of my rucks, it's a relatively strong team...
Any suggestions for improvement? I have just under 100K remaining, but would like to keep a fair cash flow for mid season trades...

g'day, thoughts on my team:

Back: Goddard, Cornes, Birchall, Adock, Malceksi, Dempsey, Raines (Obst, McKernan)

Mid: Bartel, Judd, Hayes, J.Selwood, Coughlan, Rich (Dangerfield, Swift)

Ruck: Hille, Ottens (West, Sullivan)

Fwd: N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, Lloyd, B.Johnson, Higgins, Skipworth, Gumbleton (Grant, Walker)

im a little concerned about having 3 bombers in the forward line, but i simply cant pass up gumbleton, skipworth should take over welsh's role and should score alright, and i wasnt going to get lloyd, but looking at his averages, in supercoach he has never averaged under 90 (plus he will play more up the ground this year with a fit gumby and neagle in essendons forward line.

so yeh, any thoughts?

Yep Coughlan is out for a maximum of 4 weeks, but seeing as he is having an arthriscope on his gammy knee, he is probably too risky.

Backs: Goddard, Shaw, Bock, C.Cornes, Malceski, Raines, Petterd
Emergencies: Hill & Suban

Mids: Cross, Pendlebury, Foley, Adcock, Skipworth, Rich
Emergencies: Dangerfield & Beams

Rucks: Petrie & Ottens
Emergencies: White & Sellar

Forwards: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Richardson, Didak, Lucas, Higgins, Yarran
Emergencies: Ziebell & Gumbleton

Thoughts? Highlighted players are concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad