Potential Pick 6 and Pick 10 draftee Highlight Videos and Player Profiles

Remove this Banner Ad

Scharanberg looks the goods, reminds me of Corey Enright, very tough and composed.
Freeman on the other hand does not impress me one bit, looks to hurry under pressure and will not get anywhere near the time and space he gets now when he plays AFL, reminds me of Sam Blease or Shaun Atley.

Reminds me of Luke Shuey but quicker.

Bontempelli is more of a pick 6, whereas Freeman is around pick 10.
I'd like to think that we'd look at Bontempelli at #6, just looks to have so much flexibility as to where we could play him and the skills to run through the middle or either end of the ground.

Our earlier comments about us looking at providing a number of options with versatility throughout the team hopeful puts him on the RADAR. Looks all class.

Not sure i'm a big fan of Lennon at either 6 or 10 if some of the others are still around.

I want Scharenberg so badly...but I think bonty would have to be top 5 for it to happen

At 190 a bit tweeny although obviously very good. We've got that rebounding quality in Reid and Keeffe so I hope he and KoldKuts are taken by St Kilda and GC.

1 Boyd
2 Kelly
3 Scharenberg
4 Aish
5 Kuts
6 Bontempelli
7 Billings
8 McDonald
9 Lennon
10 Freeman

I hope it turns out like this.

Seems to be the query on him doesn't it? Can he become a consistent 25-30 disposal per game player.
Yeah I've seen him probably 7-8 times. His best is fantastic (hence the highlight video everyone is raving about), but I reckon 4-5 of those times he's been average to poor. His semi-final against Calder was shocking. Luckily he went forward and kicked a couple of goals but was completely ineffectual in the midfield. He does have that contested marking ability about him but he just worries me too much.

If we wanted his type, a late pick if we end up using one is Oakleigh's Lewis Fitzgerald. Has the same traits, probably not the forward version of him, but in the midfield he has a beautiful raking kick and finds the footy well.

Probably should add, I don't mind taking Bontempelli, but don't get sucked into his highlight videos too much. Other guys are more consistent. But he's got heaps of potential, I'll give him that.

Yeah I've seen him probably 7-8 times. His best is fantastic (hence the highlight video everyone is raving about), but I reckon 4-5 of those times he's been average to poor. His semi-final against Calder was shocking. Luckily he went forward and kicked a couple of goals but was completely ineffectual in the midfield. He does have that contested marking ability about him but he just worries me too much.

If we wanted his type, a late pick if we end up using one is Oakleigh's Lewis Fitzgerald. Has the same traits, probably not the forward version of him, but in the midfield he has a beautiful raking kick and finds the footy well.
Well, I guess we should let him go through to Brisbane and if he's any good we'll talk him into getting home sick and pick him up with a 3 rounder next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crossing all my fingers and toes and my testicles that we get scharenberg. Looks like a cross between hodge and birchall

That there could just be his biggest strength though - versatility.

That there could just be his biggest strength though - versatility.
It is his biggest strength. But if we want versatility at that pick, I'd go Lennon who's incredibly strong overhead and can play midfield or back. If Lennon was gone then I'd say go for it, but if it's versatility, I'd rather Lennon who's more consistent. Even though first thing I'd demand would be for him to get a hair cut.

I spoke to Marco today, he said that (and this isn't to sound arrogant on his behalf, because he's quite a shy, humble lad) if Collingwood don't pick him at pick 6, he said that the Lions have committed to taking him at pick 7.

For what its worth, he's a Collingwood supporter, and when he heard news that we'd gotten pick 6 today, he's really hoping that Collingwood select him at pick 6, although he's happy to go anywhere. He has a meeting with the Pies again next week, so i'll keep you updated.
Liking the sounds of this kid but don't want to get attached just in case we don't pick him up :(

Can someone tell me what I am missing with Lennon? He looks an okay forward but do we need another medium lead up forward? Very much a meh selection when you consider our list needs. Or do people see him pulling a bit of a Rockliff and gunning it in the middle in a couple of years?

What would people think of Crouch at 10? I'm not all that enamoured by the way he goes about it, but could project to be a Wines type inside mid. Even with Adams, I think he's worth considering

Can someone tell me what I am missing with Lennon? He looks an okay forward but do we need another medium lead up forward? Very much a meh selection when you consider our list needs. Or do people see him pulling a bit of a Rockliff and gunning it in the middle in a couple of years?
Billings looks more the Rockliff type to me.

I like Salem though. He looks like exactly the type of player we need. Quick, balanced, smooth hand-to-foot, lovely kick, good vision, goes hard when it's his turn. Is wedged in terms of height roughly between Stephen Hill and Isaac Smith. Yes please.

What would people think of Crouch at 10? I'm not all that enamoured by the way he goes about it, but could project to be a Wines type inside mid. Even with Adams, I think he's worth considering
There was a lot of throwing of ball on to boot and hoping in that highlights package.

I don't know a damned thing about him, other than that video, but I'm assuming most here are in the same boat anyway.

]If we can snap up Lennon and Freeman, I'd be ecstatic. Kind of happy with a pass on Bontempelli Aish and Kim Kardashian.
Lennon looks like Pendlebury mkII and I love how Freeman's first 3 steps are manic fast. We've been missing someone who can break tackles

Billings looks more the Rockliff type to me.

I like Salem though. He looks like exactly the type of player we need. Quick, balanced, smooth hand-to-foot, lovely kick, good vision, goes hard when it's his turn. Is wedged in terms of height roughly between Stephen Hill and Isaac Smith. Yes please.

I think in terms of those line breaking types him and Freeman look the best on offer. But Salem's foot skills are far better. I think Freeman was a touch quicker and a better mover. But it's splitting hairs. I would love to know disposal numbers for both. I think that would say a lot about their ability to get into good offensive positions to use the weapons they have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Potential Pick 6 and Pick 10 draftee Highlight Videos and Player Profiles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back