Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

I apologise if this has been posted earlier.
The Age

Request for top draft hopeful to join Port academy​

Former Port Adelaide and North Melbourne player Stuart Cochrane has requested that the AFL permits his sons – one of whom is viewed as a potential pick No.1 in future – be allowed to participate in Port’s academy program as he explores what he believes is Indigenous heritage.

Zakk if they were trying they would do what Vic clubs did in the good old days and give him a Lamborghini :D

Then they signed with another club and kept the car. :cool:
I think I heard Derwayne Russell (maybe on the Front Bar) say he was given a car by a rival club trying to sign him and he promptly sold it. Turns out it was a loan.

I think I heard Derwayne Russell (maybe on the Front Bar) say he was given a car by a rival club trying to sign him and he promptly sold it. Turns out it was a loan.

Yes he did.

I have a feeling Bruce Abernethy scored a free car too.

Carlton gave Mark Naley a job at a luxury car dealership so he took home a fancy car every night.

Yes he did.

I have a feeling Bruce Abernethy scored a free car too.

Carlton gave Mark Naley a job at a luxury car dealership so he took home a fancy car every night.
My Norwood mate insists to this day, as he knows Michael Aish well, that he got 4 cars from signing 4 different Form 4's, with 4 different clubs pre 1986 draft coming into the VFL.

A few of us in Sydney in mid 90's met him and asked him directly at a swans post match function, when he attended as part of 5AA call of a crows v swans game. He told us to tell our mate to get f'ed as he is bullshitting. I wasn't convinced by Aish.

A bit luke warm on Rome early in the year but since his run at Port Magpies and his last couple of games with Woodville West Torrens I'm thinking he's a legitimate player.

His finish to the year makes it hard to know where the bid is going to come for him though. Don't think he's a Rookie pick any more.

A bit luke warm on Rome early in the year but since his run at Port Magpies and his last couple of games with Woodville West Torrens I'm thinking he's a legitimate player.

His finish to the year makes it hard to know where the bid is going to come for him though. Don't think he's a Rookie pick any more.
Haven't the family kind of said that they think Rome will be best of all?

The “the youngest brother is the most talented in the family ” is an ancient trope now.
People used to say that Nathan Ablett would be better than Gary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone give a ranking of all the potential father-son recruits to get drafted? From most likely to least likely.
I'll also include the NGA

Barrett - Small forward, high tackle and pressure player with that clever goal sense. Best of the 5 prospects. I expect a bid around 3rd round

Rome Burgoyne - Slightly better built than his brother but similar style of play across HB and Wing. The draft makes it hard to predict where a bid comes but I'd say likely 4th round.

Louie Montgomery - Did well in his stint with Port Magpies. I am not quite sure where his position might be in AFL but currently across HB. I believe there's some interest in him from other clubs. Still expect it to be 4th round, small chance for rookie draft

Oliver Francou - Has come at a rate of knots towards the end of the season. Tough inside mid that already has an AFL tank imo but lacks the breakaway speed and kicking can be erratic. But a good contested ball winner and can impact the scoreboard. Rookie draft highly likely.

Ky Burgoyne - Not sure he gets drafted tbh nothing that I've seen that makes me think he's draft worthy especially in this draft

The “the youngest brother is the most talented in the family ” is an ancient trope now.

Whether he is or is not remains to be seen, in any case he’s still tracking as a late to rookie pick, especially in a draft with this much depth.
IIRC one of the older posters had a chat to Sr Sr Burger and he told him that Rome was the most talented out of the young Burgers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back