Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

14 clearances is just crazy.

I thought he is a chunky build, maybe he just has his own footy stuffed under his jumper.

Francou seems to have gone up a gear... Anyone watch the games... Stats look good but can be deceiving.

Got a build that would easily translate to an inside midfielder at AFL. His workrate is good and strong at the contest and has a tank. But I'd say his field kicking is average but disposal by hand is normally quite good. What he also lacks is that breakaway speed from stoppages.

I can kind of see him as a long term replacement to Wines (with both having similar traits), after a couple years in the Magpies. For me personally, out of Burgoyne, Montgomery and Francou, I'd say Francou has the highest probability, perhaps because of his position as well, to get into our AFL side.

Got a build that would easily translate to an inside midfielder at AFL. His workrate is good and strong at the contest and has a tank. But I'd say his field kicking is average but disposal by hand is normally quite good. What he also lacks is that breakaway speed from stoppages.

I can kind of see him as a long term replacement to Wines (with both having similar traits), after a couple years in the Magpies. For me personally, out of Burgoyne, Montgomery and Francou, I'd say Francou has the highest probability, perhaps because of his position as well, to get into our AFL side.
Doesn’t sound overly inspiring.

How is Rome Burgoyne tracking compared to brother, Jase? If Rome is an equivalent prospect, then I’d take that.

Ty. Like I said stats are nice but getting someone's opinion 🤔 has a little more weight to it.

Doesn’t sound overly inspiring.

How is Rome Burgoyne tracking compared to brother, Jase? If Rome is an equivalent prospect, then I’d take that.
Yeah, Francou doesnt have the X-factor, if there's a position he takes up at AFL level, it'd be the inside bull like Wines. Cant see him playing any other role. But he could be a really good one at that.

Rome - I'd say his game his similar to Jase for sure. Makes good decisions, generally clean with the ball. Maybe not quite AFL ready, similar to Jase in terms of when he was drafted. There's a dream I have that our two wings have both Burgoyne's running down it in a few years time. I wouldnt say its unrealistic, but there's work to be done on Rome's side to get there.

Definitely worth giving Francou a shot, worst case it's a rare actual midfielder who we can play in the midfield at SANFL level for a couple of years.

Last edited:

Sounds like his dad. I think it's absolutely work giving someone a shot if they can win their own ball to that degree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Francou doesnt have the X-factor, if there's a position he takes up at AFL level, it'd be the inside bull like Wines. Cant see him playing any other role. But he could be a really good one at that.

Rome - I'd say his game his similar to Jase for sure. Makes good decisions, generally clean with the ball. Maybe not quite AFL ready, similar to Jase in terms of when he was drafted. There's a dream I have that our two wings have both Burgoyne's running down it in a few years time. I wouldnt say its unrealistic, but there's work to be done on Rome's side to get there.
We simply must get Burgoyne on the list.

They seem to be late developers but the traits are there.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has a bit of a Clayton Oliver feel. Hasn't found the fitness standard yet but can just play.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He actually is a very fit player who has a good tank on him. Lacks the speed which isn't part of "fitness" imo but I don't think it'll take him a lot more to become an AFL player in terms of frame or body

Cochrane has written to AFL football boss Laura Kane requesting that his three sons – Tom, Doug and James – be given access to Port’s next generation academy.
In the letter, Cochrane requested that on the basis that he was “exploring [his Indigenous heritage]” his sons would be allowed to participate in the Port NGA program. He told the AFL he believed he had Indigenous heritage on his maternal side from NSW and Victoria around the Riverina region.

Cochrane, who played 54 games for Port after 50 at North Melbourne and worked at the Power as development coach, has not requested that his sons be tied to Port Adelaide in the draft as other players, such as Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, have been.
He has merely asked that they have the opportunity to train and be coached in the academy for multicultural and Indigenous boys and girls.
For the boys, including the highly talented, 194-centimetre Doug, to be tied to Port in the draft on a bidding system the AFL would need to change the zones for NGA players in South Australia to encompass metropolitan areas. The zones are under review. It would be a boon for Port if the AFL expanded the zones to include in the position of the Cochrane sons, who are not eligible as father-sons at North Melbourne or Port Adelaide.
In the past, players have been ruled eligible after making the kind of application that Cochrane has made.

Cochrane has written to AFL football boss Laura Kane requesting that his three sons – Tom, Doug and James – be given access to Port’s next generation academy.
In the letter, Cochrane requested that on the basis that he was “exploring [his Indigenous heritage]” his sons would be allowed to participate in the Port NGA program. He told the AFL he believed he had Indigenous heritage on his maternal side from NSW and Victoria around the Riverina region.

Cochrane, who played 54 games for Port after 50 at North Melbourne and worked at the Power as development coach, has not requested that his sons be tied to Port Adelaide in the draft as other players, such as Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, have been.
He has merely asked that they have the opportunity to train and be coached in the academy for multicultural and Indigenous boys and girls.
For the boys, including the highly talented, 194-centimetre Doug, to be tied to Port in the draft on a bidding system the AFL would need to change the zones for NGA players in South Australia to encompass metropolitan areas. The zones are under review. It would be a boon for Port if the AFL expanded the zones to include in the position of the Cochrane sons, who are not eligible as father-sons at North Melbourne or Port Adelaide.
In the past, players have been ruled eligible after making the kind of application that Cochrane has made.
Watch the AFL make the Cochranes available to GWS because of the heritage from Riverina region. Wouldn't put it past them to stitch us up with some nonsense.

Saying that, even if they allow him to train with us, I highly doubt they'll tie them as NGA prospects. Would be awesome if they did us a favour for once

If this scheme fails we should draft Stuart in the mid-season. Play him as a sub to get him to the 100 game mark and draft Dougie as a regular F/S.

That’s the best use of the sub rule ive heard to date.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back