Potential training breach?

Remove this Banner Ad

We're literally like half a year away from a review that we had to undertake because of wide spread incompetence. Nothing is better.

We can't do another review, so that limits the available options for purely performative confected accountability. I think we'll do nothing, and just sell it as a redemption arc.

'They're really itching to make it up to the club, etc etc'.

We're literally like half a year away from a review that we had to undertake because of wide spread incompetence. Nothing is better.

We can't do another review, so that limits the available options for purely performative confected accountability. I think we'll do nothing, and just sell it as a redemption arc.

'They're really itching to make it up to the club, etc etc'.
A review which conveniently avoided the real issues

He was not allowed to supervise the training as the AFL rule are only 2 people, Nicks mention it a few times hart was giving one on ones but was not involved in pairs training.
Well this whole thing sounds utterly ******ed, can’t they all train but be few metres from each other. FFS.
or does the coach have to phone it in from isolation.

Other clubs have purged their boards though. Pretty sure Richmond sacked a bunch of theirs before they turned things around.

Our inability to hold ours even remotely accountable will always hold us back from success as a club.

I reckon they've delayed the decision hoping for news from the vic government tomorrow about when vic clubs can train and how.

If they sanction the hell out of us on the weekend for 8 guys kicking the footy and then the vic govt comes out on the Monday and says vic clubs can train in groups of 10 that would be quite embarrassing.

Yeah as much as we want to blame Hart, sounds like he can’t leave his room.
If Hart was in his room it's either the communication to the players or likely the players who have ****ed up. They shouldn't have been put in that position to be able to **** up. They should have been isolating at home. The bullshit argument that the club put up in defence of the barossa disaster was due to the fact that self isolating kids at home would have put us behind the eightball whenever the season starts. Rubbish, most of these players aren't getting a game this year. We also aren't contending. We are a bottom 4 club. Why take risks?
Now the argument I trust the club is using in case the afl try and **** us over as usual is:
The club took every measure to communicate to the players to stay in pairs. Now if the players showed total disregard to this it should not be a penalty on the club such as draft picks. It should be a player penalty and the club should not be punished. The afl will argue that we put the players in a position to potentially **** up by isolating them together. I believe this won't stand up and it should be a fine

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the delay is because we're desperately trying to negotiate the fine down and are offering up picks instead?
I guarantee you the club care more about picks than money. We are looking at pick 1 or 2 this year. Picks would not be in the discussion. What is holding it up is player fines to young players who are on shit wages and whether those players are suspended for the rest of the year. Dangerflog would be getting involved likely trying to make it more of a penalty on the club than players due to the club putting them in a position to **** up. The club needs to stand their ground and threaten court action which i hope they are.

Last edited:
I wonder if the delay is because we're desperately trying to protect a member of the boys' club and are offering up picks instead?

Edited for more likely scenario.

Not likely, but it's fun to speculate/rant.

If Hart was in his room it's either the communication to the players or likely the players who have f’ed up. They shouldn't have been put in that position to be able to fu** up. They should have been isolating at home. The bullshit argument that the club used is that it was done as isolating at home would have put us behind the eightball. Rubbish, most of these players aren't getting a game this year. We also aren't contending. We are a bottom 4 club. Why take risks? Pure stupidity.
Now the argument I trust the club is using in case the afl try and fu** us over as usual is:
The club took every measure to communicate to the players to stay in pairs. Now if the players showed total disregard to this it should not be a penalty on the club such as draft picks. It should be a player penalty and the club should not be punished. The afl will argue that we put the players in a position to potentially fu** up by isolating them together. I believe this won't stand up and it will be a fine
Regardless the person who decided to quarantine them together should be fired or at the very least be given a formal warning.

Staying in pairs was not enough. they literally weren't allowed out of their rooms.

Also leadership should ALWAYS be held accountable for the actions of their lower level employees.

Staying in pairs was not enough. they literally weren't allowed out of their rooms.

Also leadership should ALWAYS be held accountable for the actions of their lower level employees.
If this is the case what was the point of self isolating as a group individually in their rooms? It doesn't make sense. They should have isolated in their houses and taken away any risk of players doing the wrong thing. The club seems to be running with the line they could train while in isolation as long as they were in pairs. Surely the club should have clarified their requirements. If they weren't allowed to leave their room the whole exercise of self isolating individually in a hotel complex seems pointless.

I don't know why they would have to self isolate for 14 days anyway. I understand it's the law but the whole state self isolating requirement is laughable. Are we not one country with fairly similar transmission rates in each state per capita? They weren't coming from overseas. Surely a more practical measure would have been to test them all upon entering the state. If they are positive they self isolate. If not they don't and are like every other crows player already here.

Still comes back to my point that whoever decided to group the players together upon their return is a ****ing idiot. The line that Nicks ran with is that their quad muscles may be more prone to injury after self isolation. This is total garbage. Most of these players would not have been playing round 2 or this year in the firsts as they are developing. Why push the boundaries for a team that is bottom 4? Sounds like Chapman putting unrealistic expectations on Nicks that we must push for finals may have led to this stupidity.

Last edited:
I wonder if the delay is because we're desperately trying to negotiate the fine down and are offering up picks instead?
AFL may be waiting to see if Andrews relaxes lock downs measures across Victoria this morning, and implecations for a return Victorian clubs to resume training

Losing our draft picks in a rebuilding year when we have some legitimate father son prospects would be the most AFC thing ever, so of course we will.

We are already pretty damn far up shit creek already with a lack proven young talent coming up. To take away draft picks now would put us in a ridiculously deep hole.

Via The Big Hoss on twitter this morning - not sure if anyone else posted this already.

I'm just going to automatically assume everyone at the club is dumb from now on - how do we get this wider exposure???

Basically there has been two angles about why this skills session breach is to be abhorred

1) - The unfair advantage angle because VIC clubs can't train in groups
2) - The threat to public safety because of returning interstate players being outside

If you were to accept either of the above two issues as a genuine concern, then you can only conclude that you must cancel the whole goddamn season

You can't in one breathe condemn the above, and then in the next attempt to try to get the league playing again within 6 weeks or so - They completely condradict either other

I wouldn't care if the season was cancelled, personally

Agree 10000%

If they want a season then let the contagion that is Vic, play with each other !

Obviously they have trouble managing it - their schools are still shut but they want OUR players to go there !

I don’t even want a season now

Remove this Banner Ad

Potential training breach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back