Potential training breach?

Remove this Banner Ad

It can all be fixed. We just haven't had the courage to do so, so far.

A senior coaching staff of Nicks, Bassett, "highly qualified assistant", Godden would be very good in my eyes. From then on the right standards get set and players like Tex, Talia and Sloane become better post football assistant coaches who might make a difference. Leave it as is, and those players become people who clubs might not want to hire.
Nothing, not one thing will change with the current Board set up we have

Chapman has to go - NOW

Roo - if the story of Tex and Roo giggling while ( I assume ) Rupert Sapwell was being interviewed is correct then how does that set a professional look?

Smart - not so

Fagan - you know I dont know about Andrew. Is he hamstrung by the Board or is he complicit

If it's draft picks, I'm done. I think I'd have to completely stop following the sport, because I don't think I could go back to following the state leagues.

I just couldn't put up with a league as absolutely cooked as the AFL.

Same.

Thing is that we probably won't lose picks - and these reporters slandering us in articles with no facts about what actually happened and those posting made-up punishements will not be made accountable at all. The AFL-related media is and has been a joke for awhile now. I can't say I actively seek to read or listen to any media related to AFL now. It's all just for clicks and artificial drama. Lets not even get started on the AFL and what they have turned the game into over the last 5years or so....

Nothing, not one thing will change with the current Board set up we have

Chapman has to go - NOW

Roo - if the story of Tex and Roo giggling while ( I assume ) Rupert Sapwell was being interviewed is correct then how does that set a professional look?

Smart - not so

Fagan - you know I dont know about Andrew. Is he hamstrung by the Board or is he complicit
Fages has been here long enough anyway. We've got a solid base off field but the issue might be finding a replacement, particularly if they need to work with this board.

Maybe we have stood up for ourselves for once, resulting in the draft pick penalty being withdrawn.

Or the AFL is seeing that there appears to be a high enough amount of people that will abandon supporting the club/league if this penalty is handed out and is rethinking it - after all these people will likely move their funds/support to the SANFL and the AFL can't have a strong SANFL threatening it's existence now can we..

What does the article say?

"The league was still sorting through a penalty for the Crows on Sunday night after a group of up to eight players took part in a team-based drill in a quarantine camp in the Barossa Valley.

But despite a Channel 7 report the Herald Sun can confirm the league will issue a severe fine in a penalty that does not include taking Adelaide draft picks.

The AFL Commission will on Monday consider potential penalties for future social distancing transgressions and would throw the book at any intentional breaches.

The league is determined to be a community leader in the fight to reduce COVID-19 numbers and is furious with Adelaide’s actions in the latest AFL breach."

The article is much longer but that's the meat

Maybe we have stood up for ourselves for once, resulting in the draft pick penalty being withdrawn.

Or the AFL is seeing that there appears to be a high enough amount of people that will abandon supporting the club/league if this penalty is handed out and is rethinking it - after all these people will likely move their funds/support to the SANFL and the AFL can't have a strong SANFL threatening it's existence now can we..
You could be onto something here I think. The AFL often tests the waters by releasing information through journalists to see what the reaction is before making it official.
They might have heard feedback from the Crows that members have threatened to ask for membership money back and thought twice. If so, I am glad I sent my email to the club.

Unless the AFL has a chain of emails that confirm we actively set out to hide training sessions or something...

If the punishment is out of line with other minor issues (as in no legal issue here) then the club can refund my membership if they accept it.

If for example 8 players took drugs, the 8 players would be punished.

If it wasnt the players fault then Hart needs to be thrown under the bus.

"The league was still sorting through a penalty for the Crows on Sunday night after a group of up to eight players took part in a team-based drill in a quarantine camp in the Barossa Valley.

But despite a Channel 7 report the Herald Sun can confirm the league will issue a severe fine in a penalty that does not include taking Adelaide draft picks.

The AFL Commission will on Monday consider potential penalties for future social distancing transgressions and would throw the book at any intentional breaches.

The league is determined to be a community leader in the fight to reduce COVID-19 numbers and is furious with Adelaide’s actions in the latest AFL breach."

The article is much longer but that's the meat
Exactly the penalty it should be. Adelaide media should be asking for accountability by given they are in bed with the Crows, cant see it happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realistically, y'all would have bitches if they'd stayed.
They all absolutely made the right call to leave. It's the mistake Campo made, he should have left after 2015 and looked to improve his stock elsewhere, he didn't and now he's tainted goods.

The real question is if we had an opening and these guys who had proven themselves elsewhere and had options, would they come back? Probably not.

All the guys who did were ones who were failures elsewhere and had no options. Burton turfed from Brisbane, Hart from Collingwood, Smart failed in politics.

Send us Vozzo

You have Kelly, he is a good start ☺️
It will be interesting though, Vozzo has been touted as the replacement for Nisbett when he retires. If there is a chance for him back in SA... will be interesting to see how hard WCE try to keep him.
He would be definitely suited for the CEO role at the AFC. The other club there in SA can piss off lol.

Rumour on here that for one of the key off field positions last year Tex and Roo sat in on the interview and were giggling and playing on their phones whilst person was presenting.

If true seriously disturbing. Would make a lot of sense as to why this club keeps getting in trouble.
I can confirm that isn't correct

De-registration if another AFL club does it, this is like the 100m false start rule, what happens if a Victoria club inadvertently make a mistake? And if it's Port Power that does it......now that will be very funny.

If it was deliberate, then yes, the book should be thrown at any club that does that.

But it was pretty clear from the outset that this was an innocent mistake, so the rumoured penalties far, far exceeded the crime.

While I don't think we'll receive draft sanctions, why would you bother fielding a team in the AFL if we received that sort of punishment?

May as well fold the club and hand back the keys because we'd never be able to compete in a level playing field

Yep. I've been almost over the AFL for some time now. The inequities are ridiculously obvious, yet Vic journalists and AFL admin and Vic club supporters have shit for brains and refuse to acknowledge these inequities.

What would happen to the AFL when 'interstate' clubs and supporters finally get fed up with it and take action like actually saying '**** you, we're out'? Any mutiny would have to be supporter driven though because the admin love their highly paid jobs too much.

Last edited:
Draft picks should not be part of the conversation as punishment for breaking these rules That have existed for 1-2 weeks. This is a minor mistake but that is part of the problem with the AFC. We can’t even follow simple instructions. Attention to detail is not our strength.

Rumour on here that for one of the key off field positions last year Tex and Roo sat in on the interview and were giggling and playing on their phones whilst person was presenting.

If true seriously disturbing. Would make a lot of sense as to why this club keeps getting in trouble.
There's no reason to think that would be true, ffs.

If it was deliberate, then yes, the book should be thrown at any club that does that.

But it was pretty clear from the outset that this was an innocent mistake, so the rumoured penalties far, far exceeded the crime.
That's the problem, the AFL want to be seen as community leader in this COVID-19 pandemic (I'm not sure why as they are just a sporting organisation) so they've said if the next club that also make a mistake like our's will face "de-registration".....I think the AFL have gotten a head of themself here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back