Practice Match:NSW 2nd XI vs Victoria 2nd XI at Hurstville

Remove this Banner Ad

I am telling you, get on McKay. Kid can bat too.

Comfortably the best bowler I saw for his age. Got me out twice.

sting said:
Well i'm 26 so I'm pretty sure it would be him , he was by far the quickest under 12 bowler i have seen . He bowled my brother all 3 stumps out of the ground and my brother can play!!

Yep..he was lightning....check out his picture on the new south wales website. Hes gone bald! :eek:

Can you remember which junior club he played at? Would have been in the RDCA or BHRDCA i'd say...

Jaymin said:
Yep..he was lightning....check out his picture on the new south wales website. Hes gone bald! :eek:

Can you remember which junior club he played at? Would have been in the RDCA or BHRDCA i'd say...

Yeah I do , he played at Templeton . I'm pretty sure he had a brother who played too . I remember after the game he said he was probably moving back to SA , we were all pretty happy about that . I don't think i saw the first 3 he bowled at me!!

We could almost play Pilon as a batsman. He will never displace Crosthwaite, but perhaps he could get a game in front of gumbies like Rummans, Joseland and McDonald - especially when White and Hodge are on international duty.

Cleavy said:
Vics all out 232.

Cassell has returned to Melbourne with a back injury.
Let's hope it isn't serious. When he has been injury free he has looked a very good prospect. Unfortunately it has been a rare occurrance that he can string a few games together.

Jaymin said:
Simon Dart was a gun fast bowler when i played school cricket against him.

Yeah, I remember talking to him and Jon Moss at a second XI game once.

Simon said he just worked on his batting and grew tired with his bowling, although he is useful medium pacer ala Mike Hussey at one-day level.

year of the roo said:
We could almost play Pilon as a batsman. He will never displace Crosthwaite, but perhaps he could get a game in front of gumbies like Rummans, Joseland and McDonald - especially when White and Hodge are on international duty.

Pilon is going back to NSW after this year, so he's never a chance.

Darty bowls decent meds and is a ******** hot bowler at the death.

sting said:
Yeah I do , he played at Templeton . I'm pretty sure he had a brother who played too . I remember after the game he said he was probably moving back to SA , we were all pretty happy about that . I don't think i saw the first 3 he bowled at me!!

Hm i played U14's at Templeton....so he must have left before i was there.

From what I can gather, he was either captain or vice captain of Melbourne when he played Dowling Shield with them.

Geez.... two awesome young cricketers playing for them at the moment in Michael Hill and Kyle Clark.

Anyone else heard about the batting feats of Hill or had the privledge of watching him bat ?

Scores at Stumps on Day 2

NSW 1st Innings 201

Victoria 1st Innings (res.1/39) 232
(resuming Mash 7*,Dart 13*)
Mash 13
Dart 15
Quiney 65
Blizzard 0
Pilon 38
Lindsay 4
Sandri 27
McKay 26
Mangan 3
Williams 0*

Bowling
Bollinger 17-5-70-1(1nb,7w)
Nicholson 16-4-47-2 (3nb)
Lambert 14.1-3-36-4(5nb,1w)
Bird 10-3-33-1(1nb,1w)
O'Brien 12-2-33-2(1nb)

NSW 2nd Innings 4/139 leading by 108
Simmons 29
Cowan 34
Packman 0
O'Brien 51*
Creed 16
Lambert 1*

Bowling
McKay 8-2-38-0(1nb)
Siddle 10-2-19-0(3nb)
Sandri 1-0-8-0
Williams 7-1-22-1
Mangan 9-1-30-1
Lindsay 7-1-18-1

Play continues today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUCH!!!

Victoria was set 461 runs to win the ACB Cup match against NSW at Hurstville Oval after Pura Cup batsman (and favourite FC Cricketer of some people here) Aaron O'Brien made 231 and ex-Testman, allrounder Matthew Nicholson 74 not out on a belter of a wicket on Day 3.

NSW declared at 8-491. Clinton McKay took 1-86 (from 23 overs), Peter Siddle 0-72 (24), Carl Sandri 0-36 (7), Nick Williams 2-71 (16), Josh Mangan 3-145 (34) and Grant Lindsay 1-74 (19)

Close to stumps the Vics were 0-21, with Lloyd Mash and Matthew Innes not out.

ben.carbonaro said:
From what I can gather, he was either captain or vice captain of Melbourne when he played Dowling Shield with them.

Geez.... two awesome young cricketers playing for them at the moment in Michael Hill and Kyle Clark.

Anyone else heard about the batting feats of Hill or had the privledge of watching him bat ?

Yeah, played Hill in year 7 for school smashed us everywhere .The Openers were belted everywhere then I was brought on with my loopy left arm orthadox he was then dropped on a really easy catch then proceeded to smash me everywhere as well made a TON.

ben.carbonaro said:

yer i have played against hilly on a number of occasions and he has made 50 plus in all those games also will play for victoria one day he is a very solid bat with a very good attacking side to his game. Hilly went to india last year with the australian U/17 development squad which would of been a good experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Practice Match:NSW 2nd XI vs Victoria 2nd XI at Hurstville

Remove this Banner Ad

Back