Preview Practice Match v Collingwood Friday 24th Feb 11.00am @ Princes Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading the arrogant Pies fans list of excuses as to why their midfield led by 'recruit of the season' Tom Mitchell got absolutely smashed has been entertaining... But my personal favourite from their board is their discussion about how we weren't missing anyone of note outside of Walsh with our injury list :tearsofjoy: Williams is a spud, Mcgovern isnt even in our best 22 when healthy, Durdin no good, Martin and Pittonet both plodders.

Reckon Mcgovern and Durdin when fit would be in our top 10 picked each week, Williams and Martin while not integral pieces provide class and some much needed x factor when available.

Reading the arrogant Pies fans list of excuses as to why their midfield led by 'recruit of the season' Tom Mitchell got absolutely smashed has been entertaining... But my personal favourite from their board is their discussion about how we weren't missing anyone of note outside of Walsh with our injury list :tearsofjoy: Williams is a spud, Mcgovern isnt even in our best 22 when healthy, Durdin no good, Martin and Pittonet both plodders.

Reckon Mcgovern and Durdin when fit would be in our top 10 picked each week, Williams and Martin while not integral pieces provide class and some much needed x factor when available.
Yeah, but we didn’t even take this game seriously :p

Loved Newman's game. Close to our best.

Ed went really well in the first half and wont be far away round 1.

Mirkov is definitely progressing. A lot of up side with this guy - he's just so big.

TDK looks to have taken another step forward.

Acres is no superstar but nobody expects him to be. Just solid.

Young was very impressive again. Love how he impacts with his body when spoiling.

Cowan super.

Hollands - what a gun. Natural footballer.

SOS was very good. Less wind he might have kicked 4.

Love Cincotta.

Fish was outstanding.

Mots will play worse and kick more goals. Should have had 2 x 50s. Looks set for a big year.

Overall I think our clearance work is our strength.

Kicking into the forward 50 was our biggest problem area statistically last year. Saw absolutely zero change on that front. Bombing it 50m long and 40m high on 90% of our F50 entries is going to hold us back.

We've got the best tall forward combo in the game FFS. Why not use them? Seriously frustrating.

There is a lot of really bad commentary out there so for Ruby to stand out as clearly the rubbish to end all rubbish was an achievement.

Between her stories about Steelo and Murph and Pendles it was difficult to keep up. She must have missed the memo that this wasn't PiesTV.

Fecking woful.

….and I had this strange urge to chuck ‘Frampton Live’ on the turntable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice warm up for the boys today. Plenty of good and a few bad take away but nice to blow off the cobwebs.

My best part of the day was actually hearing that Lemmey and O'Keeffe played a really solid game in the 2s.

Loving what Austin and Co brought in over the past few months!

Last edited:
Is there a report for the VFL match? I was able to get to the game for 3 quarters today, a really good crowd for an 11am match on a work day, I thought O”brien had some really good moments and worked hard.

Going forward our club really needs to look in to getting the Harris and Elliott stands upgraded, there a lot of potential there and training facility end needs to have some people behind the goals, it’s a real atmosphere killer how it’s set up currently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not enough love for the VFL result a pity it wasn't broadcast - would have been good to see who stood out .
I ended up hanging around for the VFL game. Not a whole lot to note cos it was basically our bunch of kids against theirs. Pitto, Plowman and Kennedy played early on before pulling the plug for the day - Kennedy being on managed minutes, but was just toying with the opposition while he was out there. Pitto was doing some extra running work with Jack Russell on one of the outside grounds.

Nigel Durdin, Dom, Dow, Carroll, Binns, Lemmey and O'Keefe the only other senior listed players. I was really impressed with Lemmey and O'Keefe - especially early on. Lemmey gets himself into some dangerous positions up forward on the lead, and also took a few good grabs. Not sure how many goals he ended up with, but was instrumental in creating a few others. Mind you, the opposition were also just youngsters - but there were some great signs.

O'Keefe is just a competitor. Got some good hitouts to position, and was dangerous up forward - I think he kicked a couple, but could easily have had a couple more.

Dow was okay in patches without being outstanding, same with Carroll. Binns was good on a wing, but desperately needs to put on size. Even amongst a bunch of kids he looked small. Durdin was solid down back, although big Dom will struggle to make it to the big time...great athleticism, but just coming from a long way back in his development.

Purely from a VFL perspective, the majority of the rest were just a bunch of no name kids who just had a red hot crack, and won by 70 odd points...without the more experienced heads like Parks or Crocker or Kemp or Cincotta or even Leiu in the side. They were bloody fantastic. Ned Cahill again was a standout - dominated our forward half like he did last year. Would love to offer him a rookie spot. Ronke was also handy - good pick up for the VFL side.

On a side note, one of the other highlights for me today was seeing Gov walking around wearing a Bruce Doull tshirt :thumbsu:

I’m not long home from work and scrolled through the last 10-15 pages of chat. Zero mention of Plow - I assume he played well/did his job, as normally even the slightest hint of a mistake and the firing squad is lining up! My assessment is if he’s not mentioned he’s played well enough, can anyone who watched confirm or deny for me?

I’m not long home from work and scrolled through the last 10-15 pages of chat. Zero mention of Plow - I assume he played well/did his job, as normally even the slightest hint of a mistake and the firing squad is lining up! My assessment is if he’s not mentioned he’s played well enough, can anyone who watched confirm or deny for me?
Had a couple of nice intercept marks from memory - didn't really notice him much tbh. Don't think he played the whole game so assume he got some minutes in the VFL match as well

Pies didn't run hard today
Richmond will take it 3 levels above
Tiges top 4
Are you joking? Run me through the amazing gut running ids the Tigers have. List them all. Cotchin? Presita? The two slow blokes from gws? Martin couldn’t run 2km in 10 minutes. Who the **** are you so worried about with run from them? They’re ducking lucky Walsh isn’t playing. We would run them into the ground.

Why do you care what their board says in a practice match?

Why not just rejoice in the many positives from our team today? Both afl and vfl.

He wasn't good and wasn't bad... Depth player now...

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Practice Match v Collingwood Friday 24th Feb 11.00am @ Princes Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back