Mega Thread Pre-Season Training - Reports, Photos & Videos

Remove this Banner Ad

From Dylan Grimes:

Dylan Grimes@dylgrimes2
Surgeon says "EXTREMELY unlikely to re-injure the hamstring"... Couldn't be happier!! First of many running sessions today.. Can't wait!

Someone on PRE posted that the surgeon had found the root of the problem, a small tear that hadn't shown up on scans previously. Should make a full recovery, without recurrence. Fingers crossed
fingers toes anything that i can cross I will. Would love this guy on the park for 22+ games. such a good bloke.

Someone on PRE posted that the surgeon had found the root of the problem, a small tear that hadn't shown up on scans previously. Should make a full recovery, without recurrence. Fingers crossed

That's great news if true but unfortunately I think he is shot. In saying that his attitude is unbelievable and his preparation meticulous so if anyone is going to prove me wrong please God let it be Dylan Grimes.

That's great news if true but unfortunately I think he is shot. In saying that his attitude is unbelievable and his preparation meticulous so if anyone is going to prove me wrong please God let it be Dylan Grimes.

I've had the same attitude since he did the most recent one, not necessarily because I think he's shot, just that it'll be like getting a big present if he turns out to be okay, so I've tried to accept that he may not get back. If that makes sense?

What does give me hope about Dylan is that he hasn't actually repeated an injury yet, to my knowledge anyway. They've been different hamstring bits each time.

I've had the same attitude since he did the most recent one, not necessarily because I think he's shot, just that it'll be like getting a big present if he turns out to be okay, so I've tried to accept that he may not get back. If that makes sense?

What does give me hope about Dylan is that he hasn't actually repeated an injury yet, to my knowledge anyway. They've been different hamstring bits each time.

Yeah that is certainly a positive if true. If I was the club I'd be pretty creative with the descriptions of the injuries I'd be handing out to the media. Fingers crossed hey !

Well if he is a mate, get on the phone and talk him in to going to Richmond

I spoke to his misses and apparently he wasn't even offered a contract extension yet so that was weird to hear since there was a article about him turning down an offer. Him and his girlfriend will be down for the holidays in the next week or so I will probably bring it up then. But he has been contacted by us (Richmond) so that was delightful to hear :)

From Dylan Grimes:

Dylan Grimes@dylgrimes2
Surgeon says "EXTREMELY unlikely to re-injure the hamstring"... Couldn't be happier!! First of many running sessions today.. Can't wait!

I have requoted this as it is ****ing fantastic. THere's a high tide in my jocks as i type!!!

I spoke to his misses and apparently he wasn't even offered a contract extension yet so that was weird to hear since there was a article about him turning down an offer. Him and his girlfriend will be down for the holidays in the next week or so I will probably bring it up then. But he has been contacted by us (Richmond) so that was delightful to hear :)

remind me who you're talking about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Served Matty Arnott at my work the other day.
Absolute tank that bloke.
Mentioned to me that Brandon Ellis is in the rehab group due to bone bruising.
Sign of going too hard maybe?
He also told me that Chris Knights is always injured.
Seems his problems from Adelaide haven't escaped him.

Served Matty Arnott at my work the other day.
Absolute tank that bloke.
He also told me that Chris Knights is always injured.
Seems his problems from Adelaide haven't escaped him.
He just wants their spots ;)

Could be. Jack said on the radio a few weeks back he was the out and out stand out in the pre-season. Takes me back a few years and Cotchs second preseason when he was cutting sick (that beach photo comes to mind) and he was apparently going overboard with the training.

Could be. Jack said on the radio a few weeks back he was the out and out stand out in the pre-season. Takes me back a few years and Cotchs second preseason when he was cutting sick (that beach photo comes to mind) and he was apparently going overboard with the training.

Either way I don't think that bone bruising is something too serious.
Let's hope not, anyway.

can we sign him up for coburg with a view to next season ?

still hasnt done much at yet, averaged 11 possies/10 games in first season, has plenty to prove I would have thought. I would be a little more circumspect at handing over Top 5 picks unless these kids were showing toby green like form

The only issue with him is, he finds it hard to bulk up. But with minimal size, his speed is amazing, always stays on his feet and never falls, can kick 50 metres on both feet and his hangers and marking ability is amazing! He was drafted at pick 4 for a reason. The 10 games his played, they played him everywhere from forward, to midfield, to defense. His too skinny to play back, but his too quick for the defenders hence why he scored 5 goals in one game. His fitness is freakish (beep test of 15.11) and he can play midfield all day. This guy is a gem. Just need to put on some size and watch him blossom from here on. Like I said, his a mate of mine so it might be kinda of bias lol but I have huge hopes on him :)

Either way I don't think that bone bruising is something too serious.
Let's hope not, anyway.

I'm with you c_t. It's hot spots on scans that can be a bit more tricky that may be an indicator of something worse if training is not adjusted. This is why calls of go harder etc after training videos make me smile. My experience when dealing with elite athletes is. If anything they can at times need a very firm hand to ease back a bit cos they go too hard too often. Cotch is just such an example of that and he wouldn't be the only one. I think with the clubs recruiting policies and increasing professionalism of RFC improving these types of issues will become more prevalent. Overly motivated young players !! Not a bad problem for the club to have :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Pre-Season Training - Reports, Photos & Videos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back