Derickx -arm
King -multiple ops
grimes -hamstrings
Lonergan -Rumoured injured
Conca - recovering
Vickery - recovering
McGuane - waiting for brain transplant

We really are starting behind the 8 ball this pre season
Vickery is fit for pre season, he went away on holidays early while footy season was still going and came back to start pre season early while the others were away so he was ready to go when pre season training started.

Vickery is fit for pre season, he went away on holidays early while footy season was still going and came back to start pre season early while the others were away so he was ready to go when pre season training started.
Jack said last week on the radio his shoulders are very strong and his running has been exceptional. He said he is very, very fit. Named him in the top 4 on the track so far.

Could we feasibly play Griff, Vickery and Jack in the same forward line. 3 KPFs but they all can move quite well for their size.

Could we feasibly play Griff, Vickery and Jack in the same forward line. 3 KPFs but they all can move quite well for their size.
I think we can, just need to get the structures right so they don't get in each other's way.
Jack as FF, Griff as a roaming CHF and Vickery as a FP rotating into the ruck like Spida Everitt used to play

That should be the 3 talls that we go into round 1 with,Carltons backmen would really struggle to match up on Vickery & Griffiths and jack will effectively be given their 3rd tall and can run a muck.

HF: Knights - Griffiths - Delidio/Martin
FF: Vickery - Riewoldt - Nahas/King

But if Aaron Edwards shows that he is upto it during the pre-season, He is a player that i wouldnt mind on the bench to throw foward when Vickery is in the Ruck and Edwards has the ability to kick 4-5 goals against the Cheats.

If our midfield is having a good night i honestly cant see carltons defence having the ability to stem our fowards

Would love to see the three in the same forward line.

Then we can have Rance, Grimes (hope to God his hamstrings hold) and Chaplin as the 3 KPDs.

Astbury and Elton waiting in the wings, McGuane playing at Coburg permanently. That would be awesome.

Foley- limping
Petterd -recovering
Derickx -arm
King -multiple ops
grimes -hamstrings
Lonergan -Rumoured injured
Conca - recovering
Vickery - recovering
McGuane - waiting for brain transplant

We really are starting behind the 8 ball this pre season
Foley and Grimes are my only concerns in that list. Vickery is close to fully fit and Conca is recovering well by all accounts.

I had surgery today at St Vincent's east melbourne and was next to Tom Derrickx in the surgery waiting bay and in the recovery room afterwards, he had a protective cover on one arm and was having surgery to repair his other hand, fracture and tendon damage I overheard, he was wearing his footy gear like he had come from training so maybe he did it today. Astbury came to pick him up, those 2 are massive units

I had surgery today at St Vincent's east melbourne and was next to Tom Derrickx in the surgery waiting bay and in the recovery room afterwards, he had a protective cover on one arm and was having surgery to repair his other hand, fracture and tendon damage I overheard, he was wearing his footy gear like he had come from training so maybe he did it today. Astbury came to pick him up, those 2 are massive units

You sir, are my new idol. (Best wishes for swift recovery!!) Cheers Jonno

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't sure where to put this but Richmond has been linked to another homesick GWS player

On top of these developments, Victorian clubs have caught wind of the youngsters’ disenchantment and have begun internal discussions over approaching them. It is confirmed that Collingwood has shown interest in Buntine, whilst Hoskin-Elliott has been discussed internally at length at Richmond, North Melbourne and Carlton.

http://boundforglorynews.com/giants-mass-exodus-on-the-horizon/

Edit - Sorry I probably should have put this in the "thread about nothing".
Feel free to move it

Wasn't sure where to put this but Richmond has been linked to another homesick GWS player

http://boundforglorynews.com/giants-mass-exodus-on-the-horizon/

Edit - Sorry I probably should have put this in the "thread about nothing".
Feel free to move it
This was always going to happen.. Part of the AFL's master plan. These kids with talent and potential will cause a feeding frenzy after next season.

I have personally learnt a lesson this off season, to not get too carried away until the player signs on the dotted line though!

OMG if we can get Will Hoskin-Elliot down to Richmond I will be the happiest man alive! Since he entered the draft, I was hoping he was going to slip to Richmond. Since I joined Big Footy, I have been talking about how good this kid is. I will admit, his actually a mate of mine (so I guess its kinda bias lol). But PLEASE RICHMOND! Do whatever you can to bring him down! Dyson would be a bonus too! Carn the Tigers! COME HOME WILL!!

OMG if we can get Will Hoskin-Elliot down to Richmond I will be the happiest man alive! Since he entered the draft, I was hoping he was going to slip to Richmond. Since I joined Big Footy, I have been talking about how good this kid is. I will admit, his actually a mate of mine (so I guess its kinda bias lol). But PLEASE RICHMOND! Do whatever you can to bring him down! Dyson would be a bonus too! Carn the Tigers! COME HOME WILL!!

Tyson and WHE for our 1st round pick and Nahas needs to happen.

This isn't exactly new, though. We've had interest in WHE since the middle the year. The stuff about GWS kids coming home is the more prominent issue.

Remember that Richmond isn't the only club mentioned, though, so don't hold your breath. Other clubs won't sit idly by while a top 5 pick from a recent draft waltz's into another club.

Leave it here for now, Stylo.

Perhaps 1 of the 2 players might be a possibility but cant see how we can get both players through the door unless a Dustin Martin is sacraficed !

Come on the boys have already suggested our first pick and Nahas to get it done , of course this will work .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Pre-Season Training - Reports, Photos & Videos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back