Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair point dogwatch, i think North Melbourne picked up three KPD's two
years ago and they have combined for a total of zero games so far. In
saying that i am hoping to see a bit from both lads this year as they
are both more advanced physically than the North boys.

North don't have a great record at the draft

Most of their "talent" is very old or from other clubs after those clubs really didn't want them but they pick them up and think they are the saviours.

Waite Higgins DelSanto and co were all pretty much at the end of their careers at their previous teams and we're looking for a change. Decent pickups but really not blokes you would rely on week to week IMO.

North don't have a great record at the draft

Most of their "talent" is very old or from other clubs after those clubs really didn't want them but they pick them up and think they are the saviours.

Waite Higgins DelSanto and co were all pretty much at the end of their careers at their previous teams and we're looking for a change. Decent pickups but really not blokes you would rely on week to week IMO.
I was just saying MD that they like us made a key choice to draft three KPD's
two years ago well two KPD and a utility actually and so far they have not
played a game due to injury.
Sam Durdin- Highly rated tall from SA, 198 cm Def/Ruck/Fwd
Daniel Nielson- One on one beast who hates being beaten, 194 cm
Ed Vickers-Willis- U/18 all Australian full back, 190 cm Utility
Hopefully Collins and Adams don't have the same teething troubles, but in
football you never know. I would not lump Higgins in with some of the
other geriatrics they have recruited, but you make a rod for your own
back sometimes.

Good article on Stringer on the HSun website. Great to hear he hasnt missed a single session and in gias own words his tank has improved 10-15%. Crazy to think how much improvement he still has in him. Depending on how much midfield time he sees I'm calling 70 odd goals out of him this year. If theres any sort of player that will haul in a tally like that these days its someone who plays like Stringer. Starting to agree with the people who want him to stay forward, would only be chucking him into the guts when we need a clearance and were getting desperate for a spark in there. Still want him pushing hard up the ground though so exciting to hear his tank is getting to the level required.

Also in the article states were returning from the Sunshine coast with only Crammers, Rourke and Clay out of full training. Absolutely perfect position to be in to hit it hard over the next few weeks and then come flying into the season and get a good run on nice and early. So important to get that good start to the year and capitalise on the draw. If we can be sitting nicely after that stretch of Etihad games (and im expecting us to be) then our confidence will be up and the skys the limit for 2016. In all honesty I see no reason we cant finish top 4 and give the premiership a shake. In saying that I'd still be satisfied just to scrape into finals.

Any chance you can copy/paste

Any chance you can copy/paste
Jake Stringer ready to take game to next level and help Western Bulldogs go deep in September

JAKE Stringer is ready to take his game to the next level, fuelled by a flawless pre-season and still smarting after his side’s September finals defeat.

The powerful Western Bulldogs forward took the AFL by storm last year with 56 goals before being hamstrung early in the elimination final loss to Adelaide.

He still kicked two goals but was well held by Adelaide All Australian Daniel Talia in a match-up scrutinised in the AFL’s investigation into Bulldog Michael Talia.

With the Dogs missing banned forward Stewart Crameri the 21-year-old star will have more responsibility in his side’s dangerous forward mix.

Western Bulldogs forwards coach Daniel Giansiracusa said Stringer was ready to combat the extra attention after his awesome third season.

Stringer has taken his running power to a new level, allowing the 91kg forward the versatility to play deep or take an opponent further up the field.

“He has had another big pre-season. He doesn’t miss a beat in terms of sessions and he’s done every one. Sometimes you forget he was a third-year player,’’ Giansiracusa said.

“He has still got a lot of improvement in him. He is a rare talent. Guys who have that talent who work the hardest are the ones that reach the level they want to.

“He will go into the midfield a bit this season but he has to work on that tank and he’s done that. He has gone up a cog in that space — 10 or 15 per cent and he’s still got work to do.”

Adelaide’s determination to use its best defender on a mid-sized forward could see Stringer taking on opponents like Alex Rance, Tom McDonald and Eric McKenzie.

“He is such a powerful beast and when he puts his mind to things he is pretty hard to stop,’’ Giansiracusa said.

“We know how dangerous he is in front of goal. Teams will combat that and he has to find ways to get free. We don’t want to rush him, but we want to see constant improvement.”

The Dogs return from last week’s Sunshine Coast camp with 41 players fit — only Crameri and knee reco victims Clay Smith and Roarke Smith carry injury concerns.

In September’s elimination final the Dogs kicked four of the first five goals and led in the last term but were overrun by battle-hardened Adelaide.

“We came a long way last year but we didn’t do it for long enough and that was evident against Adelaide in the final,’’ Giansiracusa said.

“As a coaching group we used that as soon as we get back for the pre-season. Hopefully we can improve on the things in our game we were OK at but didn’t do for long enough.

“We think we can make improvement on all three phases of the game. If we can fix those things up, we think we can compete against most sides.”

The Dogs take on Greater Western Sydney in their NAB Cup opener on February 25 before a Round 1 clash against preliminary finalists Fremantle (Etihad Stadium).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-06/the-medical-room-how-is-your-club-faring-this-preseason

The Bulldogs are fit and firing, with only ACL victims Clay Smith and Roarke Smith in the rehab group. The Dogs are taking a cautious approach with Smith as he recovers from a third operation on his right knee in as many years, so don't expect to see him playing until mid-season. Roarke sustained his injury during the VFL finals last year and will also miss a fair chunk of 2016. Another ACL causality, Tom Liberatore, hasn't missed a beat over summer and will be a massive inclusion to the Dogs' premiership assault. Koby Stevens has had a solid pre-season after overcoming a bruised lung and foot stress facture that saw him miss the last two months of last year. And versatile bigman Jordan Roughead has fully recovered from a broken finger that forced him out of the elimination final loss to Adelaide. – Ryan Davidson

Hello All,
I recently moved to Footscray from Brisbane, and was wondering if training at the Whitten Oval is open to everyone? I wouldn't mind getting down and watching a session or two, I just can't wait to get stuck into the footy season.

Also, I really don't buy the opinion of some that the Dogs will have 2nd year blues, much like Port last season. I think you've got the side you need to challenge, and you'll continue to rise this season.
Cheers.

Hello All,
I recently moved to Footscray from Brisbane, and was wondering if training at the Whitten Oval is open to everyone? I wouldn't mind getting down and watching a session or two, I just can't wait to get stuck into the footy season.
There is a scratch match between AFL and VFL sides this weekend at Whitten Oval as part of Family Day. Think it is gold coin donation entry.

I was just saying MD that they like us made a key choice to draft three KPD's
two years ago well two KPD and a utility actually and so far they have not
played a game due to injury.
Sam Durdin- Highly rated tall from SA, 198 cm Def/Ruck/Fwd
Daniel Nielson- One on one beast who hates being beaten, 194 cm
Ed Vickers-Willis- U/18 all Australian full back, 190 cm Utility
Hopefully Collins and Adams don't have the same teething troubles, but in
football you never know. I would not lump Higgins in with some of the
other geriatrics they have recruited, but you make a rod for your own
back sometimes.

Yes but the difference is we already have the core of our mid field for the next ten years in place and they don't. In fact I suggest our young midfield is better today than their current midfield by a fair way.

They have a dominate ruckman which is their main advantage but if Goldy went down they would be average at best.

We still rely on our older guys to a certain amount but Norf win based on their older guys. They arnt enough to be a real contender and don't have the upside to continue to stay in the 8. And their coach isn't much either

Ok guys.....i was invited down to the club today by Dave Stevenson to have lunch with him and a chat. What a absolute ripper bloke.

Speaking to some of the boys the session this morning was brutal and they reckon they ran 14-15 clicks.

Had a real good chat with libba and bevo. Libba is in amazing shape and told me he should play 2nd week nab 2.

Ok guys.....i was invited down to the club today by Dave Stevenson to have lunch with him and a chat. What a absolute ripper bloke.

Speaking to some of the boys the session this morning was brutal and they reckon they ran 14-15 clicks.

Had a real good chat with libba and bevo. Libba is in amazing shape and told me he should play 2nd week nab 2.

Thanks. Anything regarding potential sponsorships or future business the Dogs might be involved in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt realise big Jack kicked 32 goals last year. Considering the impact he has off the ball I'm not sure why people dont rate him at all. There's definitely a place for him this year in my view.
He didn't, that article yesterday was wrong.
Redpath kicked 19 goals last year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/d54325858124f2811323319ade766b0c

Last year Jake Stinger kicked 56 goals and sharpshooter Tory Dickson 50, with Crameri’s 30 followed by Jack Redpath (32), Luke Dahlhaus and Marcus Bontompelli (both 17) and Tom Boyd (15).

Stringer kicked 59
Dickson kicked 50
Crameri kicked 32
Redpath kicked 19
Dahlhaus and Bontempelli kicked 17
Boyd kicked 16

Sloppy journalism is being kind to Jon Ralph for that many errors in the one paragraph.

Last edited:
My money is on that he counted vfl goals
Reckon this is more likely:

200.gif

Explain...first ive heard of such offer
FAMILY DAY VIP EXPERIENCE

As part of this year’s Family Day, the Western Bulldogs are giving 100 supporters the chance to be part of a special VIP event and experience on the day.

The event will provide supporters with the chance to gain VIP access to the match simulation session, getting up close to their favourite players and experience watching the players go head-to-head from the best vantage point at Victoria University Whitten Oval.

This rare inner sanctum experience includes:
- VIP access to Family Day at 8.30am prior to gates opening to the public at 9:00am.
- Access to players only areas in the Elite Learning Centre at Whitten Oval, to watch the players' warm up for match simulation.
- Priority viewing of the match simulation with Western Bulldogs officials from the Level 3 VIP boardroom at Whitten Oval.
- A light breakfast and selection of juices
- Access to players only areas in the Elite Learning Centre after the match simulation as the players come off the ground.
- Exclusive meet and greet opportunity with a selection of players as they come off the ground.

BOOK NOW: This special VIP experience cost just $50 per person. To secure your spot at this event, please click here.

*NB: Western Bulldogs Events have introduced a new booking system, with a new login process. If you have previously booked an event with the Club online, a new user profile has been created for your in the new system. To access your password please follow the link above, insert your email, and click on Forgot Password to have your new login details emailed to you.

*Please note these login details are NOT the same as those used to access your My Bulldogs Account through the membership portal.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/events/family-day

Stringer kicked 59
Dickson kicked 50
Crameri kicked 32
Redpath kicked 19
Dahlhaus and Bontempelli kicked 17
Boyd kicked 16

Sloppy journalism is being kind to Jon Ralph for that many errors in the one paragraph.
Stringer actually did kick 56 ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back