Preview Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Fri 16 Sept, 7:50pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expecting a rough and rusty start for us. 1-game in 28 days isn't great prep. However, we will work into the game and get on top. If we are rusty in the first quarter, we may just need to find a way to slow it down, possess the footy and limit the damage until we get some cohesion and momentum.

Interesting article from March.

“ we have been in a number of those prelim positions, it’s affected everyone differently, no one’s the same,” Selwood said.

“We just don’t want to be scared of that position. Let’s go and give it a crack and be ready. We’ll prepare ourselves as well as we possibly can, and we just need it to be good enough.”

I'm used to the antagonistic BS coming from opposition posters, rather than from within...

We're a day out from a "home" Preliminary Final and a chance to play in our second grand final in 3 years - so surely folks don't really want to be going on holidays for posting stupid shit...

I know we're not all going to get along, singing Kumbaya around the camp fire, and while there's nothing wrong with friendly debate & banter, know where the line is that you don't want to cross.. Remember that if you do cross that line into playing the man rather than the topic, it's highly likely you won't be happy with the result

I think we’re crazy to risk Kolo and don’t lose too much with him out. Parfitt in and a O’Connor subs on fresh to go with Neale late if needed.
The club will know how he is traveling a lot more than us.

I'd rather risk Kolo this week and get run into him more than doing so in a GF.

So best case is he plays and plays his role well... Then he should be better for the run next week.
Worst case... We lose because we played him... But I don't think we are that fragile that winning "this particular game" hangs on if we select Kolo or not.

I still will never be sure of our starting 22 until they run out on the ground.

So best case is he plays and plays his role well... Then he should be better for the run next week.
Worst case... We lose because we played him... But I don't think we are that fragile that winning "this particular game" hangs on if we select Kolo or not.

Looking at the big picture Kolo isn’t necessarily necessary against either Sydney or Collingwood. Parfitt much more important and needs a run in my humble opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the big picture Kolo isn’t necessarily necessary against either Sydney or Collingwood. Parfitt much more important and needs a run in my humble opinion.
Yes he needs a run - particularly if Guthrie isn't quite 100% and with Selwood and Danger both being, well, old.
Our midfield is probably our weakest part, and it's strength is probably in its depth and our ability to rotate players through there.
And Parfitt is one of our better defensive mids as well. I think he needs to play.

Parfitt is a better fit for Sydney or Collingwood.

Somehow I think that not playing him will be an issue and he will be missed as he can be an inside bull.

If he does not play can he get up for the GF with a limited game time of late?

If he cannot get into the team why pick up B-grade players in the draft?
He would be picked in the first round if he were available.

Sensing an unchained lineup from the Pies match when teams come out tonight.

Not that it means that'll be the team that takes the field.
Agree

Unless JK is completely ruled out at this stage, if he's even at 60/40 I think they'll name him and wait until 6pm tomorrow night to make the call

Does anyone know if you can walk through gate 4 section to gate 3 Olympic stand without going outside?

Just trying to organise a 1/2 time meet-up in the G. I can't remember which sections are blocked off (apart from MCC of course).

Worst case is we take him in not 100% and he either gets rolled by his opponent or comes off early and stuffs our rotations.
MC has been solid so far - let's not play a suspect not 100% player - there's a strong body of evidence this doesn't work.
Play him if he's fit , rest him if he's not :think:

Does anyone know if you can walk through gate 4 section to gate 3 Olympic stand without going outside?

Just trying to organise a 1/2 time meet-up in the G. I can't remember which sections are blocked off (apart from MCC of course).
I had seats in the Olympic stand for the QF but entered in Gate 4 (much fewer people) and walked around to my seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back